You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help & Bug Reporting - Archived
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Technical Help & Bug Reporting - Archived » GFX Sync Problem
Bottom
Topic Subject:GFX Sync Problem
Tavy
posted 02-18-05 09:55 AM EDT (US)         
Aight then people, greetings from living hell:

I'll make it quick: I've tried everything I've found yet on google etc. etc., but everytime I start Empires, it launches, I can hear the music, it seems to be running fine, and maximized, but, here's what's wrong: It doesn't 'appear', it says it's running, and the mouse input is being sent to the game, as well as keyboard, BUT, there are absolutly NO graphics appearing, no menu no nothing. Just my desktop and background. I've done 800x600 32 bit, every res and little tinker I could find and NOTHING. Tried unistalling and reinistalling DirectX(9.0C) and B, and of course, same prob. I had it running about 2 months ago on my old card, the original Integrated Intel Extreme 2, 32mb shared, and then we got a GeForce FX 5200 128MB, and bam, this comes. I've tried reinstalling the game too.

Any help folks? Really appreciated.

Cheers,
Tavy

AuthorReplies:
English Patriot
Banned
posted 02-18-05 02:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I'm very sorry to not contribute, but are you the same Tavy from Kings of Chaos?
Tavy
posted 02-18-05 04:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
King of England:

I don't see why you ask, but yes.. I am Tavy from KoC's IRC channel, but never played the game itself. And you relate to me, how exactly?

[This message has been edited by Tavy (edited 02-18-2005 @ 04:38 PM).]

English Patriot
Banned
posted 02-18-05 05:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Heh heh! I am Red-VII. Nice to see you here, pal.
Tavy
posted 02-18-05 08:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Ha ha! So it would appear eh mate? WTF IS UP MAN!? Heh. Been gone awhile.. shit, problems come and go eh? See we have a mutual intrest here.

Okay, back on topic: Played with the sync on the monitor, reinstalled again using the DirectX 9,0b from the CD-Rom, still nothing. Anybody have an idea, speak now.

Cheers,
Tavy

Confused Soldier
posted 02-18-05 11:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
First off, welcome to the HG forums.

Quote:

Anybody have an idea, speak now.

Yeah, ask Activision Customer Support.

I think I wet myself...
Manstein
(id: The Siege Expert)
posted 02-19-05 08:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Have you thought about your updating your card's drivers?

Kman is such a sissy Japanese schoolgirl but with less attractive panties and smaller boobs. - innudeo alert
Tsunami Relief Effort l Guild Wars! l G-MAX l Protect Yourself.
Chonaman
posted 02-21-05 09:22 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
In the Empires Readme file it says:

USING GEFORCE CARDS TO PLAY EMPIRES

If you are experiencing poor performance or crashing while playing Empires with a GeForce card, uncheck the Texture Sharpening check box and turn down the Anisotropic filtering down on your card. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to your video card’s manual or nVidia’s website:

http://www.nvidia.com/

All GeForce cards are (supposedly) supported by the game, so Activision support should offer something if you give them the details.

Empires is graphically flakey at times, and has been since day one. If your system isn't absolutely clean and fully up to date driver-wise, it may not run properly - or at all. GL

Tavy
posted 02-25-05 11:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Aight folks, turning down the Antisoptic filtering SEEMS to have worked.. for now.
Yes, all my drivers on my system are checked daily.. TWICE, I make damn well sure it's clean and in MORE then perfect order. I think I'll hold back on patching it.. lol, might come back eh?
Thanks for the help everyone.

Cheers,
Tavy

English Patriot
Banned
posted 02-25-05 02:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Go to the Inn thread in the Community Forums, Tavy.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames