You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Whos your favorite Scenario Designer?
posted 06-16-04 01:32 AM EDT (US)   
I was just wondering which scenario designers are your favorite. Mine Are...

1)Derfel Cardarn - Made some great cmps and is an active designer to the community
2)Hank - Great scenarios and North vs South scn which I really enjoyed.
3)Talon Karrade - Fortress Courland was my favorite of his and his map design is great.
4)Lp - Although not as active he made a great Mp scenario and his the highest rated. It is very fun.
5)ScnPunkTeam - Only releasing two Mp scenarios they were great and loved both of them, the map design was superb.

Honorable mention:
Intrepid - Has great Map Design and made a great Europe.
Mob_Freako - Active but has only made a couple works that really stand out, such as Europe Map.
Gordon Farrel - Made a great Campaign about the Norman Conquest.

Replies:
posted 06-16-04 02:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
gordon farrel - ever since aoe
derfel cadarn - for some damn good projects in aok:tc, ee and empires
mechstra - for crossing the volga, and the upcoming stalemate
intrepid - the only ting of his I've played is the siege of vienna, but damn good
hank - damn good stuff

Bah.
posted 06-16-04 10:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
1)Gordon Farrel: The Norman Campaigns Book 1: Pilgrims With Knives is probably one of the best scenarios ever submitted to a Heavengames site. His recent project Athens Triumphant is absolutely stellar (which reminds me I haven’t submitted my test results to him yet).

2)Tesseract: If you have ever played Long Live the Second Republic you would know why.

3)Ex-T: I haven’t been a big fan of his latest multiplayer scenarios, but for the Love of the Land is still a good series.

4)Derfel Cadarn: Has submitted a great wealth of scenarios to Empires Heaven, all of which are excellent.

5)Night Conqueror: Unfortunately he hasn’t made anything for Empires yet, but his creations for AoM and SWGB are great.

Honorable Mentions:
-Scnpunk
-Woad Creations
- Tsunami Studios

[This message has been edited by iNtRePiD (edited 06-16-2004 @ 11:23 AM).]

posted 06-16-04 10:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
I'll ignore anyone in my own design team, so no bias can be inferred. So, in no particular order other than alphabetically (blame the Greeks, if you must)...

Gordon Farrell - Some great campaigns for previous games, and Pilgrims With Knives is the latest and possibly greatest extension of his designing repertoire.

Hank - Since Antietam!, I've enjoyed Hank's work immensely, and I look forward to continuing contributions.

iNtRePiD - Some excellent scenarios for EE, and he looks to be continuing that in Empires - Europe Under Fire is extremely impressive (especially the feature list for the Advanced version), and his triggerless Siege of Vienna goes a long way to proving the point that triggers are not the be-all and end-all of designing.

posted 06-16-04 12:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
1. Derfel Cadarn. He has made some fun scenarios and campaigns for EE and of course, I enjoyed his Pawns of the Empire for Empires a lot.

2. iNtRePiD. As well as Derfel Cadarn, he has made some skilled scenarios for EE, like his Stalingrad, where the CPU has a great AI.

3. Last but not least; Talon Karrde. His Fortress Courland was an excellent campaign (or scenario, whatever ), and I'm looking forward to his upcoming projects.

EEGamer4ever
EEHeaven • EmpiresHeaven • RTWHeaven • AOE3Heaven

EE: Axis WWII Campaign Series
Empires: Blitzkrieg 1939/40 (4.6)
posted 06-16-04 12:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
Seige of Vienna HAD NO TRIGGERS????
have we let oXo out of the picture (sure he doesn't create many senarios for us but still, HE HAS SO MANy GREAT IDEAS

Dark Lords of the Sith (DLS)
http://sith-happens.tripod.com
Clan leader: DLS_DarthNitro
Welcome, young Sith, to the Dark Side of the Force!
Zone ID: DLS_DarthRevan4
Games: Jedi Fest, Helm's Deep, City Build, World Blood, Senate, World Diplomacy, Nation Build, and World War 2

[This message has been edited by LiGhT_Darkness (edited 06-16-2004 @ 12:42 PM).]

posted 06-16-04 01:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18  

Quote:

that was the whole point of it

Bah.
posted 06-16-04 01:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
1. Gordon Farrell - Great scenarios. Such as the Norman Campaigns Book 1: Pilgrims With Knives and his discovery of hybrid buildings.

2. _o0XxX0o_ - For his great discoveries, such as the gate trick, people scaling walls and many others.

3. ScnPunk Team - For their great scenarios made by them as a team and by their members.

"...we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be...we shall never surrender!" - Winston Churchill
And a Proud Member of the Behind Enemy Lines Design Team
Projects: The Story of Robert Lavaux
|

posted 06-16-04 01:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
My favorites are the ones I am inspired by, and those are, Kor, Mechstra, and Hank.

posted 06-16-04 02:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
my favorite would have to be Hank.

His Civil War scenarios in EE were superb.

I also like Derfel Cardarns scenarios also.

~M~ob Fr E a k~ O~
"This, Then, Is Our Destiny... To Fight, And Bleed, To Struggle And, Yes, To Triumph... This Day. This Day, We Will Stand Against The Night."
big_perm_friday@hotmail.com

posted 06-16-04 05:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
Interesting question. I don't think I could make a list, as far as listing my favorites from top to bottom.

I'd have to say the Woad generally will release a scenario that I'd really like to play. Almost any of their members could release something and I'd look forward to playing it. Two of the best I've played for Empires, Pawns of the Empire and Crossing the Volga were from Woad.

I won't even mention Gordon because we all know what a hack he is. Both Gordon and Tesseract are great guys, great designers and two people I 100% enjoyed working with. It's just too bad Tesseract isn't in the community any longer.

I've finally realized that_o0XxX0o_ is actually the Empires editor code in sentient form, and his learning at a rapid rate. While most of us probably don't use his tricks to good use, I know I've been thankful for some of the things he's found and I know many others have too. Yes, he hasn't really released much in terms of scenarios but he's been a huge part of the design community. You really couldn't mention it without mentioning him (or her, or it).

Most of us have been in this community since the early EE days, and I have to say I can't really imagining not being a part of all this. I won't make a list because it's pretty much everyone in these forums. Yeah, I have some favorites that stand out but we all do. The bottom line is we do this for fun, regardless if you're an old timer or a new designer and it's just a great community to be a part of.

Okay, blow your noses now crybabies.

posted 06-16-04 10:42 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
1. Derfel Cadarn-
His Pawns of the Empire campaign was the best campaign I have ever seen on empires, because of this campaign he is my favorite designer.
2. Mechstra-
His crossing the volga was the best overall stalingrad related scenario I have seen on empires and he is most likey the best WWII scenario designer.
3. JORGIAS-
I will take some heat for this one but, JORGIAS designed my favorite campaign which was World War two. He added the Blitzkrieg and the allied counter attack in two huge scenarios on a great scale. Some people have been giving him horrible ratings do to the lag that happens on his scenarios when you have a bad comp.

Here are my top three favorite designers.

[This message has been edited by UNKNOWN SNIPA (edited 06-16-2004 @ 10:44 PM).]

posted 06-16-04 11:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18  

Quote:

3. JORGIAS-
I will take some heat for this one but, JORGIAS designed my favorite campaign which was World War two. He added the Blitzkrieg and the allied counter attack in two huge scenarios on a great scale. Some people have been giving him horrible ratings do to the lag that happens on his scenarios when you have a bad comp.

Why should you take any heat for liking a particular type of work? Everyone has their preferences.

Quote:

Actually that isn’t exactly true, it does have one trigger with one effect. Though the trigger never fires.

posted 06-17-04 12:37 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
huh?

__ HIGH EMPEROR __
^v^v^v^............ ..AKA The Teddinator .. ............... ..Who needs a sig anyway?.. ............^v^v^v^
All they have is hilariously funny quotes and cheesy jokes... Oh well!
Communications
Email me at tedpatrol@aol.com [||] Or ze_teddin8r@hotmail.com[||] AOL Screen Name: tedpatrol

"Americans have different ways of saying things. They say "elevator", we say "lift" ... they say "President", we say "stupid psychopathic git." -Alexai Sayle
posted 06-17-04 03:01 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
I would have to go with

Hank for North vs South and other scenarios

and

_o0XxX0o_ for Stratego and all of his awsome tricks that help so many to make their own scenarios

there probably wuld be others but I hardly ever see scenarios over the internet and I can't host myself.

[This message has been edited by Brandon Rebuga (edited 06-17-2004 @ 03:04 PM).]

posted 06-17-04 04:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
Mechstra wins all awards by me, .
posted 06-17-04 08:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
Well first off kudos to the first original designers, which I believe includes Tesseract, Hank, Gordon and others, for Empires, the guys who made the included campaigns like Patton's. Sure, they were actually paid in coffee to design, but they're still great campaigns. Two best interests in any scenarios for me is story and gameplay, and they definitely delivered in the story.

Otherwise, Mechstra made a fine fun Volga campaign. Gameplay was done very nicely and highly polished, except maybe the artillery piece

Ex-t has proven his salt, time and time again and can dish out a fun piece fastest than anyone I've ever seen.

Mob made the most Forum Party played multiplayer scenarios though it's impossible to have gameplay or story in them, they're still some of the best for Empires.

_o0XxX0o_ has provided countless insight and newspieces for Soc, I can only wonder where he keeps pulling out new tricks.

No doubt many others, and there're still a few best of EH that I have yet to play. Maybe, I should do that right now actually.

Grex, Imhotep, Jaded Knights, Punks, University, Glows, Facility, Trade Center, Stainless Steel Studios.

Former Seraph & Angel
My Twitter, i.e. don't bother
Learning Korean Language
Free Rice
posted 06-19-04 05:52 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
only favorate sleeping dragon007 of whom i find my idle of scenerios making the famos legend of the 5 rings multiplayer scenerio which definatly beats them all
posted 06-19-04 09:47 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
The line of believability was crossed there. U sound just like an extremist loyalist. "Yes, Sadam is leading our country into a glorious victory over the Christian infidels!" - dated; yesterday.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Whos your favorite Scenario Designer?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames