General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Empires Heaven Under New Management
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-12-06 04:26 AM EDT (US)   
A changing of that guard has taken place to ensure the further survival and growth of Empires Heaven. As many of you know, there has been talk on the Empires forums about the impending closure of Empires Heaven. I am happy to announce that this will no longer be the case; Empires Heaven’s will not be archived at any time in the immediate future.

What exactly does this mean? Firstly, the forums will remain open indefinitely. There may be some reorganization in order to promote efficiency, but nothing too drastic. Secondly, scenarios, campaigns, mod packs, etc will continue to be uploaded to the Downloads Section and designers and fans alike will still be able to post reviews and comments. Lastly, a lot of the out-of-date content will be updated

I would like to take this moment to thank all of the former Empires Heaven staff members for all of the fantastic things that they have done for this site. The Empires community owes you a debt of gratitude.

If you have any questions or comments please state them here.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid (edited 01-12-2006 @ 09:17 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-12-06 11:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 36  
Who is acting seraph out of the 3 new moderators? Or should we direct our suggestions to any of you?

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
posted 01-12-06 11:18 AM EDT (US)     2 / 36  
I am the Seraph. My orange paint should arrive in the mail by the end of the day.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid (edited 01-12-2006 @ 11:54 AM).]

posted 01-12-06 12:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36  
Very glad to hear it, I think you'll make a fine moderator for EH Intrepid. Always thought highly of your behavior on these forums. And if you ever run short on hands I'm willing to help, i visit at least once a day

.::|Empires|::.
.::| The Battle for Berlin|4.6|Trench Warfare|4.4|::.

"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."-Admiral Yamamoto, Commander of the Japanese Fleet attacking Pearl Harbor.
posted 01-12-06 01:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36  
Nicely done intrepid. Fantastic result. And uploads to boot. Oh this is a good day.

Once again thanks, mitch1971.

posted 01-12-06 02:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36  
Good luck, Intrepid. This can be a good moment for begin a new project ;-)

Projects released:
-The Battle for Madrid Spanish Civil War
-The Battle for The Hell Vietnam War
-The Battle for Stalingrad (Parts 1,2,3 and 4) WWII

[This message has been edited by Blascapone (edited 01-12-2006 @ 02:29 PM).]

posted 01-12-06 03:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 36  
Nice to hear! Let's hope this place stays busy!
posted 01-12-06 04:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 36  
This is the begining of a new. This truly is good news. So is it just you Intrepid? I will try and finish the project I was working on (had some downtime). So basically, you will be keeping the site updated? Will anything change?
Lets rock this joint!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

posted 01-12-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 36  
Hmmm...guess I won't have to send death threats to the administration after all...jk...lol

I see that there are funny pics near the top that lead to links...I haven't clicked yet...but I will...

When do yuo think Strat Discussion and that other one...bugs or something...will come out of archivingness?

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 01-12-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36  

Quote:

So is it just you Intrepid?

As it stands the three staff members here at Empires Heaven are myself, Talon Karrde and CenturionZ_1.

Quote:

So basically, you will be keeping the site updated? Will anything change?

In the coming months you can expect to see greater staff activity in the community.

Quote:

When do yuo think Strat Discussion and that other one...bugs or something...will come out of archivingness?

They won’t be.

posted 01-12-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36  
Congrats on the new orangeness

(Though it'll be extremely weird seing Soc in red)

posted 01-12-06 06:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36  
Congrats Intrepid, it's well deserved, and I have no doubts you'll done a wonderful job!

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 01-12-06 07:27 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36  
Congrats and thanks for keeping Empires Heaven open.

On the topic of strategy though could heavengames reconsider opening that forum again?

And recorded games I suppose will be active again? Congrats again Intrepid on your promotion.

posted 01-12-06 07:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36  
posted 01-13-06 01:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 36  
Congrats Intrepid!

So many memories from this heaven, I'm glad you're keeping them alive .

posted 01-13-06 03:41 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36  
Hi everyone!

I guess I'm the new guy around here. I've had Empires knocking around my computer for some time...just never really had time to visit this place with AoE and EE.

But when I heard this place was about to be archived...I had to do something.

Now the archiving rumour is disspelled, let's get this place up and running again.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 01-13-06 05:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 36  
yay, I'm just so happy to see this place still up and running and the rumor of impending doom gone! Welcome new cherub person of greenness.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 01-14-06 07:11 AM EDT (US)     17 / 36  
Thanks!

I've been green at HG over at AoEH for over 3 years now...I'm more jaded than new, but hey, who's complaining!

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

posted 01-14-06 08:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 36  
Good to see that this place is not going to be discontinued.

Just curious... but do you know what happened to AzN and AntiAmi? Or did real life settle in?

Enjoy your positions and good luck!

I think I wet myself...
posted 01-15-06 11:38 AM EDT (US)     19 / 36  
AntiAmi is still with HG and posts once in a while. Don't know about AzN.

Anyways welcome CenturionZ_1, lets get those Forum Parties going again!!!

Get these dam Imp noobs out of my Game!

Empires Scenarios The Greenhill Project v1&2
Empires Nick: Random_Civ_Here

posted 01-15-06 12:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 36  
Congrats boss, maybe AzN and Park won't be a ghost now that they have a few more seconds of time to work with.

Matthew 5:11
posted 01-15-06 02:21 PM EDT (US)     21 / 36  
Unforunately, my poor old PC can only just about handle a SP game of Empires. Multiplayer...and the processing power just conks out...

I don't think I'd be able to organise a forum party. ...besides, I live in GMT time zone. 8pm over there would be sleeptime over here.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

posted 01-17-06 02:20 AM EDT (US)     22 / 36  
Sounds good=) Wish I still had Empires. Hey, I saw it for $9 the other day at a store. Maybe I'll buy it just for kicks.
posted 01-17-06 11:33 AM EDT (US)     23 / 36  
Great to see that Empires Heaven is going to stay open. With a little TLC, maybe the community will revive a bit. Keep up the good work guys!

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
posted 01-17-06 04:02 PM EDT (US)     24 / 36  
Good job guys. Empires Heaven is looking better than ever. Keep up the good work.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

posted 01-17-06 04:22 PM EDT (US)     25 / 36  
nice to see the front page get some new news.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Empires Heaven Under New Management
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames