Bottom
Topic Subject: Forum Party Now! March 13
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-12-04 05:49 PM EDT (US)   
Place: Tournament Room
Times: 11AM EST and 7PM EST
Time Converter
Password: hg

And the losing streak ends! Anyways, tomorrow we'll be playing some normal games. I think people were thrown off by the fact I suggested we play some scenarios. But you guys know what I say means nothing ! So this week we'll play some random team, random civ, random map games and see what we get. There will sure be some great games, I bet.

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGames Empires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score 3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
Replies:
posted 03-12-04 06:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
I hope that doesn't mean there won't be anymore scenarios..ever.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
posted 03-12-04 06:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
Will try to make it to the early games. Random map games = something reasonable, thanks for the change...
posted 03-12-04 07:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
I'll try to be there.

<><><><>Knight of the Old Code<><><><>
Winner of:The Kindest Forumer At AoMH.Thanks Lost_1n_Space!
Also I have been bestowed with the honor of:
The Kindest Crusader Award
Thank you Lady Arcola!

Stronghold Knights
posted 03-12-04 09:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
YES!

I will show up (13 is my lucky number)

Go, stranger, and to the Spartans tell
That here, obedient to their laws, we fell.
posted 03-12-04 09:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40  
i want to come but i cant

"If you are not a liberal at 20,you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at 40, you have no brain." -Sir Winston Churchill
posted 03-12-04 10:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40  
Perhaps I shall be able to grace thou gathering with my awesome presence 0_o

Depends on how I feel tommorrow, my immune system is in a bit of trouble...

http://www.dojoclan.net
Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
posted 03-12-04 10:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
I'm back, I should be there, I might have a bit of catching up to do though.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 03-12-04 10:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 40  
Of course, there will always be scenarios

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
posted 03-12-04 10:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 40  

Quote:

I will show up (13 is my lucky number)

Hey! Mine too! I should be there.

I think I wet myself...
posted 03-12-04 11:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40  
I'll be there for late one, dawg. Homie. Woadie.

-iceemaker
(>^.^)>-----Hello-----<(^.^< )
posted 03-13-04 00:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
*whew* thank god. It's always an honer and a pleasure to be able to test scenarios in an idiot free enviorement.

posted 03-13-04 01:26 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40  
posted 03-13-04 04:59 AM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
I saw that scenario on ur submitted recorded game. You Won!!!

AZN couldn't get off Great Britan island. Red player was between you and the 4th player. As soon as You bombed all of AZN's AA's, he quit. I think UK and the red player starting positions are a bit vulnerable...unless u do a different start type.

Also France's slash and burn isn't going to work on trees that don't deplete, in fact it may cause the game to crash.

And darn, intrepid, I'm on ur same design team...try to include me in on the loop, I'm sure I could spice it up a bit.

Another issue I wanted to address: Mob and you have a habit of naming scenarios like; Hitman, not Hitman_by_MobFreako_V1. In the old days of Aok, and EE, there were many versions of of the same scenario with variation titles in them. It's hard to follow up scenarios that have total deadcut names like; Hitnam_Final, or EuropeMap_Final.

When I made EE GraveBlood, I Started with a simple map and constantly upgraded each publicly played version....Many selfmade designers expanded on my work and it was great for popularity. Same with all my scenarios. Also maticuously naming triggers/effects/objects made it easy for people to pick up on how it's done.

Mob's Hitman is a good map, but really needs to be expandible to encourge designers.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 03-13-2004 @ 05:00 AM).]

posted 03-13-04 05:28 AM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
I may come (I got Empires last week but the site was down so I couldn't download the patch) but does anyone actually come to the 11am EST one or not?

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 03-13-04 10:07 AM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
We do. Normally we get somewhere around 8 people.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 03-13-04 11:01 AM EDT (US)     16 / 40  
I'd like to post a grievance against AzN. He hosted before 11 am. Thus I was left out of the game.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
posted 03-13-04 11:06 AM EDT (US)     17 / 40  
GraveBlood? That was my favorite custom scenario in AoC, and you actually needed to be good to win at it. I hope you've made a faithful translation of it to Empires, _o0XxX0o_!

-iceemaker
(>^.^)>-----Hello-----<(^.^< )
posted 03-13-04 11:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 40  
I hate empires. It said I need to update it then when I try the freakin site is down.

<><><><>Knight of the Old Code<><><><>
Winner of:The Kindest Forumer At AoMH.Thanks Lost_1n_Space!
Also I have been bestowed with the honor of:
The Kindest Crusader Award
Thank you Lady Arcola!

Stronghold Knights
posted 03-13-04 11:51 AM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
Historical starting is slightly unbalanced, I can't really fix that it is the price you pay for starting as a historical city. This feature is more aimed at those players who like to play large diplomatic games where each player takes on the role of country. If you want a completely balanced game you play standard and turn historical starting off.

I'll have to work out something else for slash and burn, as even if I did decrease the speed in which wood replenishes it is still rather useless as a single tree can power your entire economy.

[This message has been edited by iNtRePiD (edited 03-13-2004 @ 11:53 AM).]

posted 03-13-04 12:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
Not in AoC, but original, I almost never lost. I had civ choices down to a tee. Thank the suede, Javidian for taking most all my scenarios and converting them AoC(since I never bought the expansion due to Sierra's criminal neglect for the game).

Empires bumbling oversites in designing the editor has put an end to about 10 multiplayer projects that I had started. The fact that almost no graphic effects show up at lower settings and a lot of ambient objects are invisible too. As well as footprints and troop movement sounds still appear for invisible object(at higher settings). Not to mention all the rediculous work needed to compensate for nonworking triggers for defeated and dropped human players.

GraveBlood for Empires needs some more testing in the editor, to try to reduce the expected 2000+ effects and 700+ triggers needed. Plus developement of fresh and original tricks and eyecandy.

posted 03-13-04 01:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
Hey, great games today. That's more like it!
posted 03-13-04 01:18 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
that was good! ill be there next week!

__ HIGH EMPEROR __
^v^v^v^............ ..AKA The Teddinator .. ............... ..Who needs a sig anyway?.. ............^v^v^v^
All they have is hilariously funny quotes and cheesy jokes... Oh well!
Communications
Email me at tedpatrol@aol.com [||] Or ze_teddin8r@hotmail.com[||] AOL Screen Name: tedpatrol

"Americans have different ways of saying things. They say "elevator", we say "lift" ... they say "President", we say "stupid psychopathic git." -Alexai Sayle
posted 03-13-04 01:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 40  
I'd come but I don't know how to get to the the tournament room. Can someone tell me how to get into it?
posted 03-13-04 01:43 PM EDT (US)     24 / 40  

Quote:

I'd come but I don't know how to get to the the tournament room. Can someone tell me how to get into it?

Logon to GameSpy. Instead of joining the Action channel (or whatever your usual channel is...) Scroll down the list until you see Tournament Room and click Join. Screenshot

Of course if I have to tell you that, you may be a little green for the games we play... ;-)

[This message has been edited by chonaman (edited 03-13-2004 @ 01:46 PM).]

posted 03-13-04 08:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 40  
AzN's super gun inf spam with Franks wins the day!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Forum Party Now! March 13
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames