France: 57,14%
Franks: 49,78%
Germany: 43,86%
Korea: 53,80%
Russia: 49,2%
UK: 44,09%
USA: 31,62%

Briefly:
- USA inexistant^^why are they in this game ^^ j/k i myself try to automatch USA once but after few game i just gice it up ^^ too hard to get a win... hopefully upcoming patch took this into account, not sure it will be enough but we'll see. i personnaly think USA will still need more villies at the begnning ^^but it's just a rook opinion ^^
- China has as everybody knows an hard time in the first 5 min. England longsword rush is one of their pb. But i think Franks rush is also a big one ^^ Maybe someone will explain me own to win this at an higher level ^^
- Germany hum, i dont like them much ^^ anyway looking at their winning percentage it seems they are underpowered at least at the beginning of the game IMO (after 5 min they are unbeatable...) maybe reduce soldat cost but also nerf mortars & AA
- england: good civ to play IMO but seems like some peeps still dont know how to play them properly
- UK same than england IMO...
- Korea: hum no comment everybody alrdy knows. anyway, i would like to point out that since their is a upcoming patch list this civ is played less and less...
- Russia: they are fine IMO but some peeps seems to have a pb with Russia infantries rush... i still didnt see a rec game of this famous Russian infantries rush/flood... maybe someone will link it for me ?
- Franks most easy civs to play IMO. they are fine IMO
- France: should i comment ? humm 57,14% of wins. lately i've seen only France player on automatch!!! weird ? no easy to play IMO. very good overall and some overpowered stuff but i want develop as everybody alrdy knows...

I'm still a rookie so this is a rookie analysis ^^
Comments ?

HF.

Replies:
posted 01-03-04 08:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 45  
I agree, the US is hard to play with, and very difficult to win. Definatly explaing their low win rate, and low play rate.
posted 01-03-04 08:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 45  
Pretty good analysis... one thing i think this demostrates perfectly how the boom is not able to be used in this game..... thats why we need some sorta better defense to start the game with

some other comments.....

Quote:

(after 5 min they are unbeatable...

Far from so..,... but i do agree the mortars need a little bit tonning down... maybe 10% less health

Quote:

- england: good civ to play IMO but seems like some peeps still dont know how to play them properly
- UK same than england IMO...

Yup they are turnign into the newb civs

Quote:

- Korea: hum no comment everybody alrdy knows. anyway, i would like to point out that since their is a upcoming patch list this civ is played less and less...

One point.... the reason these guys dont have a 60% win perc or something is a lot of ppl are newbs who play these an think they can whoop.... more and mroe of the expert have been going to other civs to practice up for when the patch comes out

Quote:

- Russia: they are fine IMO but some peeps seems to have a pb with Russia infantries rush... i still didnt see a rec game of this famous Russian infantries rush/flood... maybe someone will link it for me ?

Ur definatly wrong here.... These guys are just as much op as france.... their rush is not beatable vs equal skilled people (with one as germany or the like)

Quote:

- France: should i comment ? humm 57,14% of wins. lately i've seen only France player on automatch!!! weird ? no easy to play IMO. very good overall and some overpowered stuff but i want develop as everybody alrdy knows...

Well.... this one explains t slef like u said... same thing as russia

thanx Mokon

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • [This message has been edited by Mokon (edited 01-03-2004 @ 08:35 PM).]

posted 01-03-04 08:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 45  
    Well the boom can most certainly be used. In 1v1 I almost always double TC eventually and on water maps I always dock early. In team games its not unheard of for half or more players to end up with 100+ villagers in high end games and I end up with 5-6 TC's many games(10+ if I"m china). Stop pushing for firing buildings, the devs didnt' want it and it doesn't solve any problems~.

Generally speaking 1v1 games come down to the first 10 minutes and what a civ is capable of. How quickly they can get out initial units and how quickly they can add a 2nd building that the 1st units cannot counter. Its just not balanced that well atm. There are a few units that are poorly balanced as well but in general the patch will fix those. I think the civs will still have balance issues early until they boost the slower starters or slightly nerf the faster starters.

posted 01-03-04 09:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 45  
    Ok.... No it can not be.... first of all weather u boomed or not is not determined by weather or not u get one hundred or so villies by the end..... in any game you should have that by the end... a boom is when you make the minimal number of military units for a bit....and example would be the ra FH from aom..... try to do a similar strat in empires... ie play american and try to build only a 2 to 3 infantry early and than get aircraft up asap.... believe me ur three infantry will be dead five times over before u get the planes.... u can not do a true boom in empires......

Thanx Mokon

• [This message has been edited by Mokon (edited 01-03-2004 @ 09:28 PM).]

posted 01-03-04 09:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 45  
    57% for france... wow, thats more than korea 0_o

-XpUnIsHeR
    posted 01-03-04 10:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 45  

Quote:

USA inexistant^^why are they in this game ^^ j/k i myself try to automatch USA once but after few game i just gice it up ^^ too hard to get a win... hopefully upcoming patch took this into account, not sure it will be enough but we'll see. i personnaly think USA will still need more villies at the begnning ^^but it's just a rook opinion ^^

I disagree with this, USA is a little slow getting first unit out, but with the patch reducing the doughboy cost, I think they will be fairly competitive after patch. They are nearly unstoppable if they make it past ten minutes. If they go siege factory, although the lack of mobile AA hurts, their howitzer is an AWESOME siege weapon. If they go air, they have awesome air. And if they make a tank factory, they have about the second best tank IMO, and the ambulance which can help.

Quote:

China has as everybody knows an hard time in the first 5 min. England longsword rush is one of their pb. But i think Franks rush is also a big one ^^ Maybe someone will explain me own to win this at an higher level ^^

I agree with that. China definitely needs some help early, but past there they are great.

Quote:

Germany hum, i dont like them much ^^ anyway looking at their winning percentage it seems they are underpowered at least at the beginning of the game IMO (after 5 min they are unbeatable...) maybe reduce soldat cost but also nerf mortars & AA

I agree there.

Quote:

england: good civ to play IMO but seems like some peeps still dont know how to play them properly

Well I agree that they are a great civ. They don't really seem that hard to play to me though :\

Quote:

UK same than england IMO...
    Now I disagree here. UK really needs some help. I kind of doubt medics not needing armory will help that much. They do have "Lend Lease" which is very strong if you can get it early enough, but its often hard for the UK to make it that far.

Russia: they are fine IMO but some peeps seems to have a pb with Russia infantries rush... i still didnt see a rec game of this famous Russian infantries rush/flood... maybe someone will link it for me ?

I think Russia is OK also. They are fast with getting infantry out, but I do think that USA will be able to compete with them after the patch, and France is probably better than them.

Quote:

France: should i comment ? humm 57,14% of wins. lately i've seen only France player on automatch!!! weird ? no easy to play IMO. very good overall and some overpowered stuff but i want develop as everybody alrdy knows...

I think France is very strong but also fairly easy to use. I don't know what would be useful to making them a little more balanced, but I think they need something done to them. Also has anyone noticed in team games and other games where there is time to mass them, that the Freedom Fighters(the motorcycles) are incredibly strong when massed, and they are quite cheap for their price. Often you can go into a base, destroy a ton, then when the other army gets there, you can speed away with minimal loses :\.

What I just said is a lie.
    posted 01-03-04 10:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 45  
    God, I hate those cycles. Place the Tactical training upgrade on them and mass them like crazy, and that's all you'll need.

-iceemaker
    (>^.^)>-----Hello-----<(^.^< )
    posted 01-03-04 10:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 45  

Quote:

Also has anyone noticed in team games and other games where there is time to mass them, that the Freedom Fighters(the motorcycles) are incredibly strong when massed

You mean like you enjoy doing?

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
    posted 01-03-04 11:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 45  
    with the patch reducing doughboy cost, the US will be extremely competitive...but until then it's impossible to hold off any civ, let alone a rush.

"The [French] Revolution is over. I am the Revolution."
    -Napoleon Bonaparte
    posted 01-03-04 11:02 PM EDT (US)     10 / 45  
    You did it just as much as me Qb

What I just said is a lie.
    posted 01-03-04 11:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 45  
    Yeah, but I didn't complain about it.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
    posted 01-04-04 04:09 AM EDT (US)     12 / 45  
    personal i don't think china needs to be up graded, they suck enough anyway just let them roll over and die :P as long as korea , franks, and england are blanced then im happy. china can be used for EB teams islands just like usa and sometimes uk.
    posted 01-04-04 09:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 45  

Quote:

Pretty good analysis... one thing i think this demostrates perfectly how the boom is not able to be used in this game..... thats why we need some sorta better defense to start the game with

You should watch a replay where I have 250 villagers (in a team game), and see if you can still say this with a straight face.

posted 01-04-04 10:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 45  
    No the Ra FH is an example of a fast aging strat, there isn't really a boom involved. You can do the minimal unit and early TC strat in empires though, even in 1v1 I usually get 2nd TC before 10 minutes as franks and 3rd TD before 10 minutes as china.

As for the person who said china is weak, hahaha, you must not know any good china players.

[This message has been edited by Master_Blaster (edited 01-04-2004 @ 10:13 AM).]

posted 01-04-04 03:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 45  

Quote:

personal i don't think china needs to be up graded, they suck enough anyway just let them roll over and die

China is certainly not a weak civ, there are many viable strategys that can be used, you just need to know what you're doing when you are playing as them, but if everyone is gonna be ungraded, then they will need it to.

Come back strong like the powered-up pacman.
    posted 01-04-04 05:18 PM EDT (US)     16 / 45  
    i recently got my butt kicked by a couple of elephants, how the hell do you stop a socerror + elephant combo w/o constantly watching your army.
    posted 01-04-04 05:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 45  
    Umm, maybe don't let him get all those elephants and sorcerors?

http://www.dojoclan.net
    Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
    posted 01-04-04 05:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 45  
    it really only takes 1 sorcerrer and like 3 elephants, plus wat if its just a friendly nr game?
    posted 01-04-04 05:44 PM EDT (US)     19 / 45  
    well what would be wrong with china starting off with 150 wood? that is the amount that franks have after the settlement(since china dosnt need a sttlement). with the 150 wood china could get a wc up not too much longer than any other civ. that seems like it could help china out. what do yall think?

Empires Name: TSC_Blade, TSC_Exile
    Proud Member of The Spartan Clan!

[This message has been edited by third_day_fan (edited 01-04-2004 @ 05:45 PM).]

posted 01-04-04 06:38 PM EDT (US)     20 / 45  
    how many peeps playing US after the patch!

my hand is raised

"The [French] Revolution is over. I am the Revolution."
    -Napoleon Bonaparte
    posted 01-04-04 06:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 45  
    i'll play them more

-XpUnIsHeR
    posted 01-04-04 07:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 45  
    i personally hate US and dread it when i get them in random.. so no i will not play them more after patch.

Cheers - DL

posted 01-04-04 08:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 45  
    the ra fh is a boom......

• posted 01-04-04 08:52 PM EDT (US)     24 / 45  
    Booming would be getting out more econ units faster. RA FH could marginally be called a boom because you get econ upgrades faster than you probably normally would but I find its really stretching the definition of the world to call it a boom. Its an age rush more than anything, skip military and get to heroic asap. To me a boom(which is a term for an exploding econ) would require an additional building to get econ units out faster, whether it be a dock boom or a TC boom(impossible in AoM because of how TC's worked early).
    posted 01-04-04 09:02 PM EDT (US)     25 / 45  
    the boom is not dependant on how many villies u get.... it is dependent on how good ur eco is.... the ra fh bascily forgets about mil for a little bit while they focus on eco.... with the strong eco they than pumped out the weak and cheap egy units.....

See there are 3 basci strats in rts games....

Boom (Eco focus)
    Rush (Offense Focus)
    Turtle... (Defense Focus)

In theory Boom counters turtle turtle rush and rush boom.... While there were some strats in aom that were even more focused on the eco the ra fh was definatly a boom.... why do u think strats such as the loki rush countered it....

• « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Automatch civs winning percentage stats
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empires Heaven | HeavenGames