General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Suggestion for next forum party
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-03-04 05:32 PM EDT (US)   
Well, every week at Woad we have our WW2 EB game, where 7 of us, fight agaisnt 1 level 10 PC on EB mode, but to simulate WW2, we use only WW2 civs, and the level 10 PC is Germany...

It might sound easy, all of us agaisnt one little guy, but it isn't, trust me

Just an idea, we could try out EB mode and have fun.. what you all think?

Replies:
posted 01-03-04 05:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
Yes, that was great fun, I can recommend it to anyone

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 01-03-04 05:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
Except for the EB Part. It'd be much better with Action.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 01-03-04 05:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
sounds good but maybe it would only be difficult for the first 10 minutes...
posted 01-03-04 05:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
Trust us, it's not. The PC expands a lot and puts towers everywhere. Massed King Tigers at 12 minutes.
posted 01-03-04 05:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
Up to 5 minutes before the game ended, the pc had massed King Tigers everywhere. We could not face them with infantry, that's for sure! Perhaps we're all crap, but we enjoyed it nonetheless

Offt hin hinder.
posted 01-03-04 05:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
Yea, taking the KTs out was haaard job, and the PC controlled like 20 army groups all over the map at the same time... we only really won once we united our attacks.

posted 01-03-04 05:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
7v1? I don't care how good that AI is, I bet we could take most people at the forum party and pick 3 of them and they would have a chance at killing it :\. Put 7 against 1 Maybe something like 6v2 or something :\

What I just said is a lie.
posted 01-03-04 05:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
We will just see that

posted 01-03-04 05:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
Here's a warstory that I originally wrote up for Woad.
Note that I cannot mention everyone's exploits, there were too many great deeds to recount.

The Woadies who fought in this game, were (alphabetically)
Adder
Kor (me)
Mechstra
Phillistine
Talon Karrde
Unit35
xLpx

Each did their part, and without any of them it probably would've ended differently.

The game started with us in a sort of C position. Phill was on the bottom end of the C, I was at the top. We two were closest to the pc.
I quickly walled off my base with walls and forest, providing a safe start. However, Phill and Lp did not have the time to do this and were soon attacked by Germans. The Germans were eventually repulsed but at heavy cost. Luckily Adder provided them with food and they held on. After a while, Adder had to leave and we continued. Meanwhile, Mechstra's base had become unsafe and he sought refuge within my walls.
We consolidated our positions, while the Germans kept advancing. In the north, from left to right, Unit35, Kor and Mechstra held out. In the south, Talon, xLpx and Phill. North and south were seperated by the Germans and we could not send help apart from tributes. However, both sides held on and built up: when our combined forces finally attacked, the German empire crumbled. WW2 was at an end!

Of course, this is a very brief description.
Throughout the war, there were a lot of GI raids by Talon's paratroopers, excellent team working between Lp and Phill, a courageous defence of a long defensive line by Unit35, which held of King Tigers for most of the game, a lightning show by a katyusha by Mechstra, and air raids by yours sincerely.

Offt hin hinder.
posted 01-03-04 06:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
let's not forget Lp and Phill's early attack to Berlin which weakned them for the last attack

posted 01-03-04 06:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
Bah, it was me who defeated their last cluster of tanks

Offt hin hinder.
posted 01-03-04 06:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
EB sucks

-XpUnIsHeR
posted 01-03-04 06:56 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
While I personally do not enjoy the way EB plays I think saying it sucks is a bit harsh. Its different thats for sure, I don't think its balanced as well and I think it feels too slow to me but really if thats the way people like to play more power to them.
posted 01-03-04 07:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
posted 01-03-04 08:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
While i know level 10 is expedentially stronger i can beat a level nine with ease and with a proper rush, or even if u just defended the level 10 wount be that hard...

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 01-03-04 08:32 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
    Theres two dificulties really, level 10 on action and level 10 on EB, level 10 on action is easy as hard on AoM, but on EB... it's really impossible to beat

posted 01-03-04 10:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
    Reminds me of playing 2v6 in starcraft, but EB is too slow. Need a hybrid action/EB mode.

Grex, Imhotep, Jaded Knights, Punks, University, Glows, Facility, Trade Center, Stainless Steel Studios.

Former Seraph & Angel
    My Twitter, i.e. don't bother
    Learning Korean Language
    Free Rice
    posted 01-04-04 00:51 AM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
    Play my bloody map that hasn't been worked on in quite some time.
    posted 01-04-04 04:59 AM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
    WHAT 7v1 EB LVL 10?? Me and One_of_Many can beat a lvl 10 germany 2v1 in EB, after like 4 hrs of play
    In fact we won a WW1 EB lvl 10 germany with russias, without walls i must say WW1 Germany likes Sergeants; a retarded amount of sergeats panzefausted down our towers.
    In the end, we strip half of the maps forests bare, and ended up with a combine total of 420 Anatra DS Fighters and 315 Ilya Morumetts bombers.

[This message has been edited by Flying_JeffBag (edited 01-04-2004 @ 05:38 AM).]

posted 01-04-04 02:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
    Well, this is just for the people who never really play EB, so we're pretty newbish in it, and it becomes just as hard as we like.

posted 01-04-04 08:36 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  

Quote:

i can beat a level nine with ease and with a proper rush

I shall go out and buy a hat so I can take it off to you, I'm lucky if I beat it on 7 more than half the time. Certainly the fact that we are all awful players was what made it so much fun, as was the fact nobody else could play Germany

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

posted 01-04-04 08:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
    Speak for yourself. I don't lose to a 7. Haven't tried 8 yet.

Adder |
    "I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
    posted 01-04-04 08:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
    I like EB over Action just because it forces more strategy vs. outproducing. I admit it is a slow start, but once the game gets going, I'll find it tons better than Action.

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
    Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
    "I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
    posted 01-04-04 11:58 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
    Yea, but do not play with 80k pop limit, that will kill your computer plus the computer can manage his 10k units all at the same time

posted 01-05-04 01:12 AM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
    Well yeah, 80k units can be a nightmare!

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
    Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
    "I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Suggestion for next forum party
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empires Heaven | HeavenGames