Posted on 05/09/04 @ 08:04 AM (updated 06/10/04
Operation Aster was a success, and the six hundred and twenty five thousand soldiers who had been besieging Leningrad earlier in the war pulled back from Estonia into Courland. However, Operation Laura was denied. There would be no retreating from Courland. By the middle of October, the entire Army Group, renamed Courland from North, was cut off by land by the Second Baltic Front.
|# of Scenarios:
||Empires: Retail Release
Follow Leutnant Berzinš and his squad during the course of the first major Soviet offensive against Courland. Assigned to the area around Džukste, they will end up being the fire brigade squad of the area and may end up saving the entire area as they rush headlong into increasingly difficult situations where they must be ready to give all to save this entire area of the front.
But they will do it. For they are Latvians, defending Latvia from bolshevism. They are ready to defend Fortress Courland to the last shell and the last grenade, to the last bullet and the last drop of blood, to scream defiance into the teeth of the Russian bear.
Fortress Courland is an intense scenario featuring a squad level command, four opportunities for small reinforcements and a lot of spilt blood—mostly Russian. Your commander sends you out on randomly chosen missions for a diverse experience in playing. Good luck, leutnant. You’ll need it.
Easy - German forces as in the original scenario, Russian forces for their last push are down two squads.
Medium - 3 German snipers and 3 mortars in the trenches area are removed, the Russians periodically send 5 Yak-1s over on strafing missions. The Russian forces for their last push are down one squad.
Hard - 3 snipers and 3 mortars are removed, as well as 4 MG42s, from the trenches area, 8 Yak-1s strafe German positions now. The final Russian assault is full strength.
- Gave player another sergeant
- The approximate location of every objective flares when mission assigned
- The Russians who attack the hills have a stronger force now
- There are now consequences if the Russians gain either the hills or the town, which you do not know until they happen. While curiosity may let you lose either position, you will regret it soon afterward.
- The Russian commandos finally work(!)
- Dialogues are now longer
- Difficulty levels are implemented
- It should now be impossible to shoot through the treeline at the main Soviet assault force (when they spawn and you are in the area)
- Russian snipers now have 10 range
- Russian armored vehicles now have gun armor (hopefully enough so that panzerfausts are required to destroy them)
- The center of the Hills area is now labelled ("The Hills")
- The TC in the town is now labelled ("Dzukste")
- MG42 (in the main battle area) attack has been fixed (before it went down from 320 to 45, now it reduces correctly-to 160)
- Locations were made a bit clearer (I think, at least)
- I believe I fixed the second defeat condition
- Map design improved
- Altered the ending of the scenario so it isn't as sudden
Send any bug reports to email@example.com
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3  |
|Author||Comments ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Communist Is Dumb Cause Only The Huge Power People Get All The Money So Not Everyone Gets Equal Money... But The Communist Works Only In China!
|Revenge of Light
I'm replying to a very old comment: Latvians aren't Slavic. They're Baltic. I know, I'm a Lithuanian and Latvians and Lithuanians are both Baltic nations, along with the Prussians(may they rest in peace).
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3  |