Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1414 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 57  Next Page »
GoldenEye923
posted 03-23-09 03:57 PM EDT (US)         
Current Location: Regensberg Traders Guild Eastern Trade Camp

Current Date: Ches 26, 1380 DR

Current Quests:
Intel Delivery

World Map:

Battle Map:
Not in a battle.

Player Characters
1. Rotaretilbo (brebuga4@gmail.com)
2. Friend of Old (friend_of_old@hotmail.com)
3. BlakeII7 (blakeii7@live.com)
4. DunC (greenday44221@hotmail.co.uk)
5. Arvedui (ash.win.13@hotmail.com) Quit
6. Briguy (briguy54321@hotmail.com) Quit
7. Undeadsniper55 (red_hawk_nny@hotmail.com)
8. Droideka_11 (droideka_ll@yahoo.com)

[This message has been edited by GoldenEye923 (edited 10-20-2009 @ 06:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoldenEye923
posted 04-02-09 07:15 PM EDT (US)     226 / 1414       
"Well, as we have said already, no. We are unsure of what down there prevented the other group from coming back. But, I am sure there would be some treasure down there, if the hobgoblin was not correct in you working for free."
DunC
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 04-02-09 07:19 PM EDT (US)     227 / 1414       
"Very well. We shall take a look as soon as we are capable. I assume all findings are for us to claim as we see fit and you may have anything we do not need?"

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

GoldenEye923
posted 04-02-09 07:22 PM EDT (US)     228 / 1414       
"Well, I plan to go with you. I do want to explore this place after all. There could be things that we need down there."
DunC
posted 04-02-09 07:25 PM EDT (US)     229 / 1414       
"Very well, I shall do my best to ensure no harm befalls you. I would suggest you wait topside while we check the base of the site. Please, follow me."

*Returns to the group and relays the information gathered*

"So, who is with me on exploring this 'dungeon'?"

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Undeadsniper55
posted 04-02-09 08:28 PM EDT (US)     230 / 1414       
I nod

Silently stalking in the grass,
Never a sound escaping him,
In constant alert,
Patiently watching,
Evading all eyes,
Readied finger above the trigger.
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 04-02-09 08:54 PM EDT (US)     231 / 1414       
"I will go, of course."

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 04-02-09 10:22 PM EDT (US)     232 / 1414       
"You do not believe there is a god? I have terrible news for you, foolish paladin. There is not a God, there are many gods, and many goddesses. Thor is real. Lolth is real. Corellon Larethian is real. All of the deities are real. Evil and despair? What world are you living in? Your patron god, Corellon Larethian, promotes only "good" and "justice". My former goddess, Lolth, promotes what you term "evil", but not despair. She promotes self glory and chaos. It is common knowledge that all the gods exist. It is not a matter of believing, but serving. I believe...no, I know that Corellon Larethian exists, but I would have to be a fool to serve him after what he and his kind did to my people."

*follows group into tower*

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 04-02-2009 @ 10:23 PM).]

BlakeII7
posted 04-02-09 11:04 PM EDT (US)     233 / 1414       
"I will follow you, as long as it is worth my while."
"And to you Drow, yes there are many gods, I follow Corellon Larethian myself, but I truly just follow the wind, it takes me where I need to go, and it keeps me safe, is that no less of a god?"
Rotaretilbo
posted 04-02-09 11:21 PM EDT (US)     234 / 1414       
"No more than the infernal burning orb in the sky is a god, in its own right."

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
DunC
posted 04-03-09 06:07 AM EDT (US)     235 / 1414       
"So it is settled then. We explore the Tower. I believe it would be best if our Rogues(s) went first followed by the Fighter, and the rest."

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 04-03-09 01:34 PM EDT (US)     236 / 1414       
"I do have a name you know, even if ReLako chooses to use a different one than my true one it is still a name. Perhaps sharing names would be wise if you are going into that tower. I would be of little use to you, I am a scholar not a warrior, if you need someone such as myself I'm sure you won't hesitate to shout out for me.

And you paladin, before you go, I know your kind has the power to screen for what you call 'evil', so feel free to test me if you are uncomfortable with me. And yes, even I as a man of learning and the pursuit of worldly knowledge know that Gods exist beyond this mortal coil, if they didn't the cleric would have no other worldly powers, his power comes from the divine.

Anyway, like I said before I shall remain here unless you require the services of a scholar. And I suggest you, paladin, go first. You are a meat shield after all, taking the blows and giving them in the name of good, that is what your kind are supposed to do at least? Or are you too frail that you would stand behind rouges?"

Doctor FoO
DunC
posted 04-03-09 03:57 PM EDT (US)     237 / 1414       
"I reserve names for those I have trust for. Earn it, and your name shall be used, goblin. Seeing as you lied to us, it shall be a hard endavour. If you choose to remain here however, then that is indeed your choice. Perhaps you would relish a few artifacts brought up from the depths to broaden your knowledge?"

"Paladin, I suggest not rising to his bait. having the rogue lead means we shall not fall harm through traps."

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

[This message has been edited by DunC (edited 04-03-2009 @ 04:10 PM).]

GoldenEye923
posted 04-03-09 04:23 PM EDT (US)     238 / 1414       
Alright, in the future, let us go with the question who is not going, rather than who is going. I am going to assume that everyone (except FoO) is going in, if you do not want to, say so as soon as you can.

*Inside the hole in the tower, you find a spiral staircase going down. Going to the bottom of the stairs, you find a large room that appears to be a crypt of some kind. Magic fires are lit around the room, giving enough light to see. Six pillars are stationed around the room, three on each side, seemingly holding it up. Off to the right side of the room is a hallway, however, from where you are, you can not see what is down the hall. In the center of the room is a small walled off area with a stone door on the side facing you. In front of that door are several corpses. Three of them are fresh, the others are all old and skeletal.*
DunC
posted 04-03-09 04:28 PM EDT (US)     239 / 1414       
"So, scholar, are these your... party that was sent down?"
*indicates corpses*

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

GoldenEye923
posted 04-03-09 04:29 PM EDT (US)     240 / 1414       
"Yes, that would indeed be them."
DunC
posted 04-03-09 04:40 PM EDT (US)     241 / 1414       
"Interesting. I suggest that we perform a quick search of the area."
*Search Check*

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

[This message has been edited by DunC (edited 04-03-2009 @ 04:42 PM).]

GoldenEye923
posted 04-03-09 04:50 PM EDT (US)     242 / 1414       
*Searching the area, you do not find much. Down the hall off to the right is a large door, with no noticeable way to open it. In front of the door are three skeletal corpses. All of the skeletal corpses have weapons near them, mostly axes and clubs.*
DunC
posted 04-03-09 04:59 PM EDT (US)     243 / 1414       
"Judging by the wounds of these fresh bodies their wounds were caused by these weapons here. Odd. I can only deuce they attempted to open the door, or mayhaps proceed further."

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 04-03-09 04:59 PM EDT (US)     244 / 1414       
"Those are probably what killed the last lot"

*The hobgoblin suddenly appears behind you all*

"And when exactly did I lie to you cleric?"

Doctor FoO
DunC
posted 04-03-09 05:02 PM EDT (US)     245 / 1414       
"It does not matter, goblin. Perhaps my presumptions were mistaken. However, I was coming to the same conclusion as you. Undead."
"What brought you down here now?"

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Rotaretilbo
posted 04-03-09 05:02 PM EDT (US)     246 / 1414       
*Searches room as well*

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 04-03-09 05:05 PM EDT (US)     247 / 1414       
"Unfortunately I was born with an over-active imagination and enough curiosity to kill an astral cat.

"Now, how do you suggest we handle the skeletons. It is my assuption that they will come to life should we try to open, or maybe even approach that door."

Doctor FoO
DunC
posted 04-03-09 05:06 PM EDT (US)     248 / 1414       
"Well, seeing as they are indeed inanimate, perhaps it would be wise one of us opens the door. I shall put distance between myself and them and upon animation I will attempt to Turn them"

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 04-03-09 05:40 PM EDT (US)     249 / 1414       
"Well, surely the bravest and hardiest amongst us should rise to the challenge. Paladin?"

Doctor FoO
Rotaretilbo
posted 04-03-09 05:58 PM EDT (US)     250 / 1414       
*loots skeletons*

It appears they were a band of adventurers by the looks of them, but they've nothing of worth on them. Their weapons are rusted, their shields rotted, and I can't read any of the ink in this spell book. While I think it would be best if the defender of justice tried to open the door, I think he's still trying to figure out how he came to the conclusion that there were no gods when it is common knowledge that there are many gods. I'll just open the door.

*goes over to try and open door*

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 57  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames