You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1414 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 53 54 55 56 57  Next Page »
GoldenEye923
Member
posted 03-23-09 03:57 PM EDT (US)         
Current Location: Regensberg Traders Guild Eastern Trade Camp

Current Date: Ches 26, 1380 DR

Current Quests:
Intel Delivery

World Map:


Battle Map:
Not in a battle.

Player Characters
1. Rotaretilbo (brebuga4@gmail.com)
2. Friend of Old (friend_of_old@hotmail.com)
3. BlakeII7 (blakeii7@live.com)
4. DunC (greenday44221@hotmail.co.uk)
5. Arvedui (ash.win.13@hotmail.com) Quit
6. Briguy (briguy54321@hotmail.com) Quit
7. Undeadsniper55 (red_hawk_nny@hotmail.com)
8. Droideka_11 (droideka_ll@yahoo.com)

[This message has been edited by GoldenEye923 (edited 10-20-2009 @ 06:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GoldenEye923
Member
posted 09-15-09 02:10 AM EDT (US)     1351 / 1414       
*Since I doubt I will catch you on Skype, you do not sense that she is evil.*
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-15-09 12:34 PM EDT (US)     1352 / 1414       
[Well Arvy, were you more active you wouldn't be so far behind. Also I noticed your dismay when I was unable to continue and you had to wait for me the other day. I'll say nothing more, just think on it.]

[Also, you really don't need to be so jumpy, not every character has SIN etched into thier brain. Maybe your paranoia led to Axeth's actions, who can say?]

The woman snorts and just carries on ahead of Thanduin.

Doctor FoO
GoldenEye923
Member
posted 09-15-09 04:01 PM EDT (US)     1353 / 1414       
*All three of the people manage to leave the remains of the keep. Outside, they again see the bleak landscape of Elterlein, completely destroyed.*
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-15-09 04:03 PM EDT (US)     1354 / 1414       
"I truly wish I knew what took place here. Perhaps we were to late and the Empire attacked..."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-15-09 04:10 PM EDT (US)     1355 / 1414       
"Well, I have no reason to stay in a ruin, I'm not some lowlife looting criminal. With luck I won't come across you two mugs again." The woman turns with a flick of her hair and waltzes off.

Doctor FoO
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-15-09 04:53 PM EDT (US)     1356 / 1414       
"Cruel *and* heartless, are you? The tough exterior fascinates me. That you can walk into a city, see the slain women and children, the men that died to protect them in vain. All of them. It amazes me you lack the heart to feel the slightest ounce of sorrow for those now departed. I only take heart that their souls are in a better place, similar to that of my Valhalla. Now you may leave, to entwine yourself in whatever fate you choose to indulge yourself in, but I'm going to perform a ceremony for those that died then I'm going to discover who did this."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

[This message has been edited by DunC (edited 09-15-2009 @ 05:04 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-15-09 05:20 PM EDT (US)     1357 / 1414       
She whips around to face you, framed by smoke and still burning embers.

"So, the cleric has some fight in him, yet is still the sentimental type? Trust me, from bitter experience this is hardly the worst thing I've seen in my life. As for who, does it really matter? They were clearly far beyond anything you or I could hope to challenge. You can only see so much death and disaster before your heart hardens to it, like the veteran soldier who slays his foe without remorse or regret.

"As for your ceremony, do not insult their memory by being so presumptous. None of them followed your foreign God. The ritual would merely insult their memory. There is nothing more to be done here."

Doctor FoO
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-16-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)     1358 / 1414       
"Fight in me? From my homeland it is an insult to make such a claim against our people. Though the Clerics are somewhat less aggressive and better spoken do not stop to think that I would not gut you where you stand with reason. I have seen many, many atrocities in my time. Villages burned, the woman raped and the children roasted alive. Needless to say my clan has committed it's own atrocities in it's time. The heart does indeed harden, but one cannot help but still feel the sorrow at the loss of so much life. You most hold naught dear to your soul, and I pity you."
*Thanduin turns his back, eyes glittering with rage*
"I shall hold a ceremony, whether you like it or not. It is not in the name of my Gods, merely a Rite of Passage. It's the best I can offer to them given the circumstances. A small tribute is better than nothing."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-16-09 02:12 PM EDT (US)     1359 / 1414       
"Pitiful. Hold your ceremony and insult their memory then, may your arrogance blind you and your sentiment lame you. I will have none of it."

Doctor FoO
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-16-09 02:19 PM EDT (US)     1360 / 1414       
"Enough woman! I'll have no more of your tongue! Do you seek to anger everyone you meet? These people deserve better than the dirt to which they have been sent. Does your own self importance blind you to a degree with which you become stupid? It is you that insults their memory by barely acknowledging their death's. You cannot tell me what is right and wrong, for you clearly have no true sense of what which is."

*He kneels by the nearest slain person and mutters a short passage in a seperate language*

"I am done and clearly so are you. Now either depart or aid me, I care not for which."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-16-09 02:59 PM EDT (US)     1361 / 1414       
"You ignorant fool! Does your sacrilege know no bounds? Why do you think I do not mourn? It is because I respect them and thier culture and am not so presumptous as to assume they desire my alien rituals."

She then raises her eyebrow,

"And how would I aid you exactly?"

Doctor FoO
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-16-09 03:05 PM EDT (US)     1362 / 1414       
"It is not an alien ritual, merely an honouring of those passed on. In my lands, I would take the honouring further by burning the corpses. Forgive me if you misinterpret my intentions."

*Thanduin breathes deeply, to calm himself*
"By aid I refer to finding out what happened here. These are not my people, but I find myself compelled to find out what happened here. A force this strong could cause devastation accross the Republic."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-16-09 04:04 PM EDT (US)     1363 / 1414       
"Clearly you are too deeply set in your own ways to respect those of others, but my words are wasted trying to educate you. As for what happened here, I'd wager either an elite and incredibly powerful agent or cell attacked this city and destroyed it, as there's no evidence of the enemy and large groups of soldiers were destroyed fighting a single foe, as the evidence shows."

The woman points to the bodies noticed earlier.

"I'd think the Empire at first, but they're more the type for full scale invasion I'd have thought. The only real foe around here are the hobbos, but you'd think there'd be rumours preceding the rise of a powerful goblin sorceror wouldn't you?"

Her earlier hostilty seems to be evaporating as her natural curioisty sets in, but she continues to be totally cold towards the horrific scene.

Doctor FoO
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-16-09 06:21 PM EDT (US)     1364 / 1414       
"One cannot educate someone whose beliefs are different to their own, I did come here in the hopes of spreading the word of my Gods. Naturally I will insist upon their ways. Now, to business."
*He draws the Elterlein plans from his bag*
"I agree, it seems to be either a single foe or a small group. I'm still inclined to believe it is the Empire. These plans I was supposed to deliver back up my opinion, though I am yet to view them myself."
*He reads over the plans*
(GE, are there any specifics you can tell me? I remember not reading it as i was in the Empire fort.)

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-16-09 06:24 PM EDT (US)     1365 / 1414       
Aria leans over and reads the plans, muttering furiously under her breath.

"Well, we can't gather anything more without evidence, so seeing as this looks like a thourough job we're looking for witnesses. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty as to kill the hobbo."

Aria walks over to the ruins and starts to check out the cellars and look for possible hiding places.

Doctor FoO
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-17-09 03:52 AM EDT (US)     1366 / 1414       
"Such a thorough job has been done, I doubt many could be left alive. Mayhaps there is somewhere the civilians would've gone to. The odds are that'd be the keep though."

Thanduin moves over to the ruins to aid in the search

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

GoldenEye923
Member
posted 09-17-09 12:17 PM EDT (US)     1367 / 1414       
*Searching inside the ruins a nearby building, Thanduin and Aria find a set of stairs going down, and at the bottom, a wooden door.*
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-17-09 02:45 PM EDT (US)     1368 / 1414       
"Mayhaps someone is in here, it looks a suitable hiding place and there seems to be no signs of combat. We must be careful, for all we know they could think that we're whoever slaughtered these people. I suggest we knock or enter on our guard."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-17-09 03:48 PM EDT (US)     1369 / 1414       
[GE might use her name, but until you find it out DunC I'm not going to ]

The woman draws her rapier and sidles up close to the door.

"It is always best to never give yourself away." With that she pushes open the door as quietly as possible, ready to defend or attack.

Doctor FoO
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-17-09 04:20 PM EDT (US)     1370 / 1414       
(yes, i do know. I have RP'ed too )
*Thanduin draws his sword and shield*
"Very well."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 09-17-09 07:13 PM EDT (US)     1371 / 1414       
I really don't have the time for this anymore, plus I guess fantasy settings have never really been my strong spot. Sorry, but it seems like I'm going to have to drop out.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
GoldenEye923
Member
posted 09-19-09 00:31 AM EDT (US)     1372 / 1414       
*Sorry about my absence, my computer crashed and I lost all of my files from the past two years, including everything for this game. So, things might go a bit slower until I can get things back together.*

*As Thanduin and Aria prepare to open the cellar door, Calen checks to see how fragile a nearby wall is. As he does so, the wall collapses, crushing Calen and killing him instantly.

Not paying any attention to Calen, Aria opens the door, slowly and quietly. Beyond the door is a small room, with several barrels and crates within.

Aria then hears the faint sound of movement from inside the room, coming from behind some of the crates.*
DunC
Member
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 09-19-09 04:30 AM EDT (US)     1373 / 1414       
"Could be a child, from the sound of it"
Whispers Thanduin
"I doubt it's hostile, else they wouldn't cower from us."

He calls out softly
"It's alright, you can come out. We're friends from Red River Camp."

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-19-09 11:04 AM EDT (US)     1374 / 1414       
The woman ignores Thanduin and moves over to where the sound is coming from, sword at the ready.

Doctor FoO
GoldenEye923
Member
posted 09-19-09 03:52 PM EDT (US)     1375 / 1414       
*Aria moves over to where she heard the noise, ignoring Thanduin, possibly because Thanduin didn't actually hear anything.

Behind some crates, Aria finds a woman holding a young child. Both are cowering in fear.*
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 53 54 55 56 57  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames