You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.61 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Dungeons and Dragons - Signup Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dungeons and Dragons - Signup Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
GoldenEye923
posted 02-28-09 06:31 PM EDT (US)         
I have been planning on running a Dungeons and Dragons campaign here for a while now, and I believe that I have enough ready to begin. This will be done using 3.5 rules, and set on a subcontinent of Rotaretilbo's Schorenbeln that I have created.

I am willing to take up to eight people for the game. If you would like to play, post your email address. It will also be helpful if you have either MSN or Skype, as creating characters via email can be somewhat difficult.

If you have any questions about the game, you can email me at renegadexiii@gmail.com, or you can use this website: www.d20srd.com.

Player Characters
1. Rotaretilbo (brebuga4@gmail.com)
2. Friend of Old (friend_of_old@hotmail.com)
3. BlakeII7 (blakeii7@live.com)
4. DunC (greenday44221@hotmail.co.uk)
5. Arvedui (ash.win.13@hotmail.com)
6. Briguy (briguy54321@hotmail.com)
7. Undeadsniper55 (red_hawk_nyy@hotmail.com)

[This message has been edited by GoldenEye923 (edited 03-12-2009 @ 09:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
DunC
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 02-28-09 07:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 61       
If this is mostly Msn based we'll have to count me out as i'm in rot.'s, if we're playing in thread then I'm in!

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

[This message has been edited by DunC (edited 02-28-2009 @ 07:08 PM).]

BlakeII7
posted 02-28-09 07:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 61       
Took you long enough, can't wait for it to start.

If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it, put this is your signature and spread his good news.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
GoldenEye923
posted 02-28-09 07:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 61       
The only thing I plan on using MSN for is the initial creating of characters. The rest is going to be on this forum, as I do not want another situation like what Rot had to deal with.
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 02-28-09 07:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 61       
Hell yes. In.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 02-28-09 07:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 61       
Yayz!

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 03-01-09 06:39 AM EDT (US)     6 / 61       
Is there really any point in me saying in at this stage? Once again I pre-ordered and played the beta it seems.

Doctor FoO
B Sull
(id: Briguy54321)
posted 03-01-09 09:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 61       
Wish I could play, but I don't know how. Unless I had assistance, I can't play. Looks way too hard to learn.

I need to think of a new sig.
GoldenEye923
posted 03-01-09 05:31 PM EDT (US)     8 / 61       
If you would like assistance, I am more than happy to help. What in particular do you find confusing?
Rotaretilbo
posted 03-01-09 05:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 61       
Allow me.

This should explain the basics.

But really, DnD isn't all that hard to learn. It is very complex, but most of the complexity is on the Dungeon Master's (henceforth referred to as DM) end, so you, as a Player Character (henceforth referred to as PC) won't have to deal with much of the complexity.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
B Sull
(id: Briguy54321)
posted 03-01-09 09:48 PM EDT (US)     10 / 61       
I guess then I'm

/In Briguy54321@hotmail.com

So basically all you do is create a character, roam in the dungeon and win? How exactly do you win? And what characters are good to pick?

I need to think of a new sig.
BlakeII7
posted 03-01-09 10:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 61       
You don't "win" you only lose your social life.

If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it, put this is your signature and spread his good news.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Rotaretilbo
posted 03-01-09 11:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 61       
You don't ever really "win" the entire game, but rather you win a series of quests and encounters, not necessarily in a dungeon. Basically, the game ends when GE runs out of ideas for quests and the like. The reason DnD is so much fun is replayability. There is no railroad plot that, once beaten, makes the game practically worthless, like most other RPGs. Character creation is probably the hardest part, and it isn't all that hard. It's just a lot of information all at once. GE should be able to get you through it with ease.

GoldenEye923
posted 03-01-09 11:39 PM EDT (US)     13 / 61       
So basically all you do is create a character, roam in the dungeon and win?
Sort of. You begin by creating a character, and then you choose what you do after that. There will be quests you can complete or ignore. The quests will normally involve fighting enemies and solving puzzles. The quests generally have some kind of win condition, such as kill the enemy leader or obtain some random object.
How exactly do you win?
This is actually a difficult question. In most DnD games, there is no winning the entire game. They often go indefinitely, until either all of the players decide to quit, or the DM decides to end it.
And what characters are good to pick?
That depends on how you want to play the game. If you want to be a violent fighting type of person, you probably want to be a fighter or a barbarian. If you want to be a magic user, you probably want to be a wizard or sorcerer. Each class and race has advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to decide how you play. All I do is sit back and plot your demise by planning quests.
GoldenEye923
posted 03-03-09 10:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 61       
Alright, we are going to go ahead and begin creating characters. Rotaretilbo, Friend of Old, and BlakeII7 are already done.

We will do this using a spreadsheet and MSN. My MSN is renegadexiii@gmail.com

The only ones who I do not have on my MSN list are DunC and Briguy. So, either contact me or tell me your MSN and when it would be good to contact you. The best time to contact me would be on the weekends, but I do have time between my classes on most days.

We will still see if we can get two more people to join, but if not, six is still good.
DunC
posted 03-04-09 12:43 PM EDT (US)     15 / 61       
Sent a request under "greenday44221@hotmail.co.uk"

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

DunC
posted 03-04-09 12:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 61       
We using point buy or Die roll?

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 03-04-09 03:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 61       
Point buy. If you need the charts ask ol' Rotty.

Doctor FoO
DunC
posted 03-04-09 04:02 PM EDT (US)     18 / 61       
Well i gots character sheets. Just need a method of points buy & characters we already have

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 03-04-09 05:32 PM EDT (US)     19 / 61       
*grumbles*

I believe we have 1 magic caster and 2 meat shields (I mean valued members of the team with pointy metal sticks).

Doctor FoO
Rotaretilbo
posted 03-04-09 07:15 PM EDT (US)     20 / 61       
As far as I know, FoO is a sorcerer, I'm a rogue, and Blake is a ranger. I've heard tell that Arvy is a paladin, as well.

GoldenEye923
posted 03-05-09 02:25 AM EDT (US)     21 / 61       
Alright, so far we have two rouges, one sorcerer, one paladin, and one ranger. A cleric would be very good to have, but, you can try without one.

Arvy and DunC, just be on when you can. This weekend would be a good time.
GoldenEye923
posted 03-05-09 12:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 61       
Also, something everyone should think about is a background story for your character. Where did they come from, what happened in their past, things like that. If you have questions, ask me.
DunC
posted 03-05-09 05:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 61       
This means i'm the cleric _
a pox on all your families!
=P

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

BlakeII7
posted 03-05-09 06:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 61       
I thought that Clerics are supposed to HEAL people, but at least this way I won't end up dead by a sword, as long as the pox doesn't clam me first. -_-

DunC
posted 03-05-09 06:37 PM EDT (US)     25 / 61       
Well i'll probably be a Healing Domain and Destruction Domain Cleric. Meaning I can do teh Uber H33lz and dish out the damage.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames