You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.834 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-13-08 04:13 PM EDT (US)         

Xykon's hordes now occupy Azure City. The Order of the
Stick, Hinjo, and the rest of the paladins must flee before
his forces. Now they must somehow take back the city, while
dealing with an impending civil war and the schemes of the
Linear Guild. Will you survive?

Alive
01. Nacht Jaeger (Haley Starshine; Masonic Thief One-Shot Vigilante Bond Brother)
02. The Brit (Lien; Bodyguard)
08. The Wanderer (Roy Greenhilt; Cop Vigilante)
11. DunC (Therkla; Mafia(3) Informed Hitman Lover Unknown Reverse Traitor)
13. A Banned User (Elan; Masonic Assassin One-Shot Roleblocker Bond Brother)
15. coolkidx Catabre (Daigo Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
17. PurpleWorm (Kazumi Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
21. Azur (Hinjo; Noble Politician)

Dead
04. Maegereg (Redcloak; Mafia(2) Phylactery)
05. Arvedui (Nale; Mafia(1) Jack of All Trades)
06. GoSailing (Belkar Bitterleaf; Faith Tracker Cursed Vigilante)
07. GoldenEye923 (Qarr; Mafia(3) Summoner)
09. Brighty (Celia; Informed Governor)
10. grizzly137 (Daimyo Kubota; Mafia(3) One-Shot Ghost Noble Poisoner)
12. Mapppp Droideka_11 (Sabine; Mafia(1) Ghost)
16. Pit_King (Xykon; Mafia(2) Lich Necromancer)
18. Briguy (Durkon Thundershield; One-Shot Iron Doctor One-Shot Reviver)
19. Survivor Fo Sho (Miko Miyazaki; Serial Killer Cop)
20. Beezlebub Ashrzr (Beast in the Shadows; Mafia(2) Invisible Hitman)

Destroyed
03. Friend of Old (Zombie Vaarsuvius; Post Restricted Double Jack of All Trades Zombie)
14. Shanks13 (Zombie Thog; Mafia(1) Hitman Zombie)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 08-16-2009 @ 08:06 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Pit_King
    posted 12-19-08 04:56 PM EDT (US)     26 / 834       
    Sails has some sort of reasoning behind his pressuring, but he will not disclose it to us just yet. After FoO rc's, Sails should tell us what was on his mind and see if it can nail FoO scum or not.

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

Beelzebub
    (id: Navarone_Revenge)
    posted 12-19-08 05:25 PM EDT (US)     27 / 834       
    Assuming FoO is Iron isn't a wise choice
    Our of those 4 failed kills, anyone could be Iron.
    Not to name the fact that there could be a role that is able to render someone else iron, or the fact that there could be two protective roles that target FoO last night.
    Which means FoO being Iron is a 1/3 chance.

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    Proof that Noodle is a typical tea-drinking British
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Enlightenment is only one click away
    GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 12-19-08 06:21 PM EDT (US)     28 / 834       
    As if I am correct doctors can only protect a person from one night kill attempt, not multiple.
    It depends on how you choose to play it. I do not recall, sadly, how Rot normally does. If I were to guess, though, it depends on the role of the doctor. If the doctor were to say protect somebody by hiding them where nobody could find them, it would protect against everything. If they were a bodyguard (be it the role bodyguard or the type of person in the theme) then it would likely be only protection for one.
    If we push for a roleclaim i'd at least like to know where your reservations against FoO are coming from Sails.
    Afterwards.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    Mapppp
    (id: Jimmy2)
    posted 12-19-08 06:38 PM EDT (US)     29 / 834       
    As for FoO I targetted him last night myself and got a "failed." No it was not a NK, but an explanation would still be nice. Whataver he is it's more than iron...
    We'll find out your role later, but what makes me suspicious is that NK's and your investigation failed. So he's either Iron and something else, or not Iron but still something else bizarre.

I'm thinking right now the possibilities are:
    -Nexus: Targets bounce off player onto others
    -Commuter: Every other day, he is immune to Targeting
    -3rd Party: Someone used a stealth action on him, hiding him.

Nexus is unlikely, because then Purple and all the other killers would have had different targets. Also, it wouldn't have said that attempts were made on him, Rot would have only talked about who the NK's bounced to.

Commuter is a possibility, as everything failed. Nothing to prove this, though, unless there is a character in the comic who can do this.

3rd Party may be the most likely, as it is well-known that FoO is a good player, so someone must've had the sense to protect him. Also, from my general knowledge of the comic (not much), there's lots of magic powers involved.

◓◓◓◓◓
    A Banned User
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    posted 12-19-08 06:46 PM EDT (US)     30 / 834       
    he has some townie traits as well
    I'm sorry but what? He has some townie traits to? When did we discover these traits? And what are they?

Oh and Sails
    A quick look on mafia wiki says that Doctors only protect from one night kill, this could be different in this game, but I doubt it.
    Afterwards.
    Okay, but theres no way i'm going to let him be lynched just because you say we should for a reason your not revealing.
    Though Sails if your suspicion is down to your night action failing on FoO, say now, because if so this pressuring may be completely pointless, as it looks like everyones night actions may have failed.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    grizzly137
    posted 12-19-08 09:12 PM EDT (US)     31 / 834       
    ...because if so this pressuring may be completely pointless, as it looks like everyones night actions may have failed.
    That was the impression I had as well. Gamewide failure of night actions. I am not familar with the 3rd. Edition Rules but since OotS is Magic User heavy, I wouldn't discount the possibility that there are roles in the game that have abilities that can selectivly (or on a large scale even) negate a certain type of action or all actions for a game period. One that comes to mind that might account for no NKs last night is 'Protection from Evil' cast by a Good character. Protect the entire game from all kill attempts by Evil characters. I don't think that actually happened here (it seems overpowered) but it's the best example I could come with up for an example of what I was trying to say.

"What are we going to do tomorrow Barak?"
    "The same thing we do every day Joe....TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD."
    Rotaretilbo
    (id: Brandon Rebuga)
    posted 12-19-08 09:32 PM EDT (US)     32 / 834       
    So that this doesn't become an argument about host semantics, several someones in the write-up is indicative of multiple kill attempts and doctor protections prevent all kill actions during the night on the target, and even condition kills that aren't denoted as unstoppable.

Vote Count
    Shanks13 - 1 (Briguy)
    Friend of Old - 6 (GoSailing, Beezlebub, Pit_King, A Banned User, The Brit, Survivor Fo Sho)
    11 to lynch

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    B Sull
    (id: Briguy54321)
    posted 12-19-08 09:39 PM EDT (US)     33 / 834       
    Unvote

Well assuming there is not a bunch of doctors, roleblockers, mafia and third party, I agree with the last few posts about there is no lead.

I think because "An Osyluth appeared", everyone's actions have been negated. If this is true, we know that at least 4 actions were performed, which makes sense, but doesn't give us a lead at all.

So I'll

Vote: FoO

To get a RC from him as well as GoSailing later on. Sounds like a win win to me.

I need to think of a new sig.
    Pit_King
    posted 12-19-08 09:55 PM EDT (US)     34 / 834       
    Alright we have enough votes for the time being. We should let him at least rc before adding any more votes.
    I think because "An Osyluth appeared", everyone's actions have been negated.
    Reading what someone posted about Osyluth's, I don't see how a messenger can negate all kill attempts. If anything, it would bring some sort of message explaining why the kills failed. Perhaps a certain someone recieved an e-mail mesage that the Osyluth delivered? Anyone familiar with Dungeon and Dragons? As it seems OoTS is based off of that game. A few insights on what this creature may be capable of or possible spells can be helpful.

P.S. I never figured this out, but is Dungeon and Dragons a board game or MMORPG?

Survivor Fo Sho
    posted 12-19-08 10:17 PM EDT (US)     35 / 834       
    It's both.

My signature is fly. It takes up one line.
    GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 12-19-08 10:30 PM EDT (US)     36 / 834       
    Though Sails if your suspicion is down to your night action failing on FoO, say now, because if so this pressuring may be completely pointless, as it looks like everyones night actions may have failed.
    Nope, not it at all.

Also, if you guys could stop throwing out ideas that could explain the kills as FoO's role so he doesn't have a list of things to pick and choose from to potentially fake an RC with, it would be appreciated. Thats the whole reason I'm not explaining why I'm voting him.

And sorry about being completely wrong on the multiple someones attacked FoO thing, my mistake. It is irrelevant to my voting of him.

Oh, and ABU said something about not lynching him just off my word with no logic. Thats fine with me, I don't want a lynch, I want a claim.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    Survivor Fo Sho
    posted 12-19-08 10:43 PM EDT (US)     37 / 834       
    Assuming FoO is Iron isn't a wise choice
    Our of those 4 failed kills, anyone could be Iron.
    Yes, But I will keep my vote.
    Not to name the fact that there could be a role that is able to render someone else iron, or the fact that there could be two protective roles that target FoO last night.
    The render someone else iron? I never herd that before but I am kind of new to this, And the only two protectives I can think of is you and GoSailing at the moment.
    Which means FoO being Iron is a 1/3 chance
    Lol.

Survivor Fo Sho
    posted 12-19-08 10:48 PM EDT (US)     38 / 834       
    *Facepalm* I just noticed you voted for him to.

B Sull
    posted 12-19-08 10:50 PM EDT (US)     39 / 834       
    the only two protectives I can think of is you and GoSailing at the moment.

Idk what leads you to think this, you are assuming way too much. Right now we are all confused, and unless your role says something elsewise, it's best not to assume something like that...

Survivor Fo Sho
    posted 12-19-08 10:59 PM EDT (US)     40 / 834       
    I don't think of Beezlebub now since I mistaken him.

And yes I said At the moment.

My opionion could change very quickly, and you reacted to my post very quickly waz strange.

GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 12-19-08 11:39 PM EDT (US)     41 / 834       
    Also I don't understand how the possibility of FoO being iron makes it seem scummy. Since he hasn't even posted yet, I don't understand how anybody other than myself (or perhaps a cop or something) could consider him scummy... I mean, I don't want it to sound like I think getting a claim is the wrong idea, but I'm not sure why him living makes him scummy.

Beelzebub
    posted 12-20-08 00:19 AM EDT (US)     42 / 834       
    Me neither; massive games are quite confusing A bunch of people throwing out their thoughts unplanned.

I only vote for FoO, because getting information from both FoO and you are more beneficial than a random bandwagon on Shanks. Any lead is better than random vote.

I think people are assuming FoO is scum, because you said so since the only reasons why anyone should vote for FoO is either they listen to me or to you. (Pit_king, I know you mentioned the win-win situation, too, but I was the first to mention it so it's mine, all mine!)

There is one more why anyone would vote for FoO, but I shouldn't be discussing irrevelant things. However, I can't contain myself, so... The third reason is going-with-the-flow-vote, a typical scummy tactic

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Pit_King
    posted 12-20-08 01:15 AM EDT (US)     43 / 834       
    Actually I didn't, Briguy did.

Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    (id: ashwin13)
    posted 12-20-08 02:20 AM EDT (US)     44 / 834       
    Also, if you guys could stop throwing out ideas that could explain the kills as FoO's role so he doesn't have a list of things to pick and choose from to potentially fake an RC with, it would be appreciated. Thats the whole reason I'm not explaining why I'm voting him.
    Eh, sure. Otherwise I'd have a bit to say.
    Also I don't understand how the possibility of FoO being iron makes it seem scummy. Since he hasn't even posted yet, I don't understand how anybody other than myself (or perhaps a cop or something) could consider him scummy... I mean, I don't want it to sound like I think getting a claim is the wrong idea, but I'm not sure why him living makes him scummy.
    This, Banned, is the townie trait I was saying earlier. I don't think I've seen iron scum often before, and I'm sure he's not territorial, but while I don't want to metagame here, it sort of makes it more likely he's town. Even with more than 1 mafia and an SK here, the chance of a mafia hitting another mafia is lower than a mafia hitting the town.

Anyway, with 6 out of 11 votes left, I'll wait for him to show up. Though, technically, I haven't seen him on MSN either for some time now. Gah.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    B Sull
    posted 12-20-08 11:39 AM EDT (US)     45 / 834       
    As for Iron goes, sure it might not be with a bad role, but that goes the same for a good role.

I think I've seen just about every role iron before. Iron townie, mafia, serial killer, even doctor, so that's like every major role except the cop.

But all of us are probably way off as it is. Since it's the first day, a little bandwagoning is healthy in order to get some RC's out. And Fo Sho, sorry about what I said, it's fair for anyone to assume on Day 1.

Beelzebub
    posted 12-20-08 12:36 PM EDT (US)     46 / 834       
    Why are we assuming FoO is Iron again?
    doctor protections prevent all kill actions during the night on the target
    So, like I've said before... there're other explainations why the FoO wasn't killed. Keep assuming he's Iron, and he will claim to be Iron. <--- Don't believe him

Azur
    Devil's Advocate
    (id: Azur_Fire)
    posted 12-20-08 02:08 PM EDT (US)     47 / 834       
    So yea, there were at least 4 attacks last night, and yea, I will post after FoO posts
    Friend of Old
    Resident Madman
    posted 12-20-08 03:58 PM EDT (US)     48 / 834       
    Why does this always happen? Why does this always happen? Why does this always happen? First off people try to kill me, but not just one this time, several, and I bet one of you was a trigger-happy vig or something, because that's just my luck isn't it. Terribly sorry about the tone by the way, but ranting is one of the best ways to pad things out would you not say? Same with no abbreviating words, abbreviating being ironic because it is so long itself, no?

Ignore the above, it's pointless waffle, as will be most of the following. First off (excluding to above) I'd like to apoligise for my widespread inacitivty and apathy of late, hopefully the holiday will remedy this. Secondly I have no information to give you (other than that if you pressure me more you will be treated to yet more pointless waffling nonsense as per this post, courtesy of our dear, kind and benevolent modderator Rotaretilbo, read between the lines my friend), so I really have no idea why I'm being voted for. As for being iron, I don't think I am, but don't quote me on that as I'd need to check it.

I'm guessing you won't leave me alone until I claim, so here it comes. I'm scum. Hohohohoho. Not really, that was a joke to pad the post out. I win with the town, but I'd say that anyway wouldn't I? I'm so helpful. Flipping heck this was an oddesy. As for the roleclaim, I'm in the first comic and the most annoying part of my role is blindingly obvious, enjoy.

Doctor FoO
    Maegereg
    posted 12-20-08 04:39 PM EDT (US)     49 / 834       
    Well, he's certainly putting up a good show of being Varsuvius, even if he isn't. What powers do you have FoO?

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    Survivor Fo Sho
    posted 12-20-08 05:06 PM EDT (US)     50 / 834       
    He said they were obvious.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames