You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.834 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-13-08 04:13 PM EDT (US)         

Xykon's hordes now occupy Azure City. The Order of the
Stick, Hinjo, and the rest of the paladins must flee before
his forces. Now they must somehow take back the city, while
dealing with an impending civil war and the schemes of the
Linear Guild. Will you survive?

Alive
01. Nacht Jaeger (Haley Starshine; Masonic Thief One-Shot Vigilante Bond Brother)
02. The Brit (Lien; Bodyguard)
08. The Wanderer (Roy Greenhilt; Cop Vigilante)
11. DunC (Therkla; Mafia(3) Informed Hitman Lover Unknown Reverse Traitor)
13. A Banned User (Elan; Masonic Assassin One-Shot Roleblocker Bond Brother)
15. coolkidx Catabre (Daigo Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
17. PurpleWorm (Kazumi Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
21. Azur (Hinjo; Noble Politician)

Dead
04. Maegereg (Redcloak; Mafia(2) Phylactery)
05. Arvedui (Nale; Mafia(1) Jack of All Trades)
06. GoSailing (Belkar Bitterleaf; Faith Tracker Cursed Vigilante)
07. GoldenEye923 (Qarr; Mafia(3) Summoner)
09. Brighty (Celia; Informed Governor)
10. grizzly137 (Daimyo Kubota; Mafia(3) One-Shot Ghost Noble Poisoner)
12. Mapppp Droideka_11 (Sabine; Mafia(1) Ghost)
16. Pit_King (Xykon; Mafia(2) Lich Necromancer)
18. Briguy (Durkon Thundershield; One-Shot Iron Doctor One-Shot Reviver)
19. Survivor Fo Sho (Miko Miyazaki; Serial Killer Cop)
20. Beezlebub Ashrzr (Beast in the Shadows; Mafia(2) Invisible Hitman)

Destroyed
03. Friend of Old (Zombie Vaarsuvius; Post Restricted Double Jack of All Trades Zombie)
14. Shanks13 (Zombie Thog; Mafia(1) Hitman Zombie)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 08-16-2009 @ 08:06 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 12-22-08 11:16 PM EDT (US)     101 / 834       
    Cop investigations are unreliable on Night 0, unless you are 100% sure you are 100% sane with 100% confidence, and I 100% emphasize the fact that 100% mean 100%.
    Not to mention that we don't really want a cop claiming day 1.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    The Wanderer
    posted 12-23-08 00:23 AM EDT (US)     102 / 834       
    I understand what FoO's saying. And I think that FoO does not only have a post restriction, but also some sort of vote restriction or condition.
    seeing as chances are I'll hit someone I don't want to and it will be such a mission to unvote again I refuse to with every fibre of my being.
    Perhaps it could be similar to Oblivion Mafia over at HWH? ( Storm's vote blocking thing ) After all, Rot did have a hand in that mafia too.

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
    To never have a brief sojourn.
    Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
    Allieviate, my malady.
    Engulf me now, to you I bow.
    Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
    Azur
    Devil's Advocate
    (id: Azur_Fire)
    posted 12-23-08 01:38 AM EDT (US)     103 / 834       
    Well I have no idea who we should target...
    GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 12-23-08 02:14 AM EDT (US)     104 / 834       
    Perhaps it could be similar to Oblivion Mafia over at HWH? ( Storm's vote blocking thing )
    We have no way of knowing thats what happened, but thats another matter I suppose. He said that because it seems he has a restriction on length and, as such, to unvote to start another vote going would require a long post when he probably really wouldn't have much to say.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    grizzly137
    posted 12-23-08 05:21 AM EDT (US)     105 / 834       
    Since we seem to be in a bit of a lull here, there are a couple of things I'd like to poke at a bit.
    As for FoO I targetted him last night myself and got a "failed." No it was not a NK, but an explanation would still be nice. Whataver he is it's more than iron...
    Claims a night action. As far as I can tell he hasn't posted since.

Then:
    <snip>

We'll find out your role later, but what makes me suspicious is that NK's and your investigation failed.

<snip some more>

Nexus is unlikely, because then Purple and all the other killers would have had different targets.

<Rest of post here>
    I agree with Mapppp that PW's statement should be explored but I'd like Mapppp to clarify something. The first part of your post seems like you acknowledged that you believed PW's action was an investigation but the second part sounds as if you think his action was an NK attempt. I may be reading it wrong though. The 'other' in between the 'all the' and 'killers' might have me seeing a contradiction that isn't there.

"What are we going to do tomorrow Barak?"
    "The same thing we do every day Joe....TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD."
    GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 12-23-08 01:51 PM EDT (US)     106 / 834       
    If somebody's action failed he was probably role blocked. My action on FoO succeeded so all these ideas of him being immune to actions are something are completely wrong.

Mapppp
    (id: Jimmy2)
    posted 12-23-08 09:48 PM EDT (US)     107 / 834       
    I agree with Mapppp that PW's statement should be explored but I'd like Mapppp to clarify something. The first part of your post seems like you acknowledged that you believed PW's action was an investigation but the second part sounds as if you think his action was an NK attempt. I may be reading it wrong though. The 'other' in between the 'all the' and 'killers' might have me seeing a contradiction that isn't there.
    Sorry, that was a typing fail.
    If somebody's action failed he was probably role blocked. My action on FoO succeeded so all these ideas of him being immune to actions are something are completely wrong.
    All the night actions failed on him, and PW also failed. But your success makes me think that PW was RoleBlocked and that he's Iron, like you said.

◓◓◓◓◓
    Beelzebub
    (id: Navarone_Revenge)
    posted 12-24-08 00:06 AM EDT (US)     108 / 834       
    For the 100th times, there more reasons other than being Iron to avoid death at night. Even Rot himself declared that Protective Roles will protect from ALL attacks. If the mafias + other baddies think that FoO is a big threat, there ought to be someone among us that think FoO is a big help and decided to protect him.

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    Proof that Noodle is a typical tea-drinking British
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Enlightenment is only one click away
    Beelzebub
    posted 12-24-08 00:22 AM EDT (US)     109 / 834       
    If the protective roles only protect once, then it would be understandable. However, under current circumstances, any of the people who had not die, not just FoO, from the attacks could be Iron.

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Rotaretilbo
    posted 12-24-08 04:10 AM EDT (US)     110 / 834       
    This game is officially on pause until December 30th due to the myriad of holidays in this tiny section of December. Feel free to discuss the game regardless of the pause.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    PurpleWorm
    posted 12-24-08 11:23 AM EDT (US)     111 / 834       
    I don't think I was roleblocked...

If FoO is V, and is putting on a post restricted show, there's a good chance some others will have post restrictions also. I just read the first 300 comics in the series, and Elan and Belkar, even Durkon could have Post Restrictions. It's possible two mafias exist, Xykon and his minions, Nale and his party?

Reading through things, there are definetly those of us have post restricted vibes, some more than others...

We should open our horizons to the endless array of small characters, as I myself am not any of the main characters. I want to go back to Shanks, since I doubt Sailing is mafia (as of yet) and FoO (if V) is probably not worth looking into.

PurpleWorm
    Winner of the 2008 AoMH Boss Battle Competition
    Scenarios: Knights of Ni, Gargarensis Rap (4.5)
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird, and not enough the bad luck of the early worm." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Beelzebub
    posted 12-24-08 07:50 PM EDT (US)     112 / 834       
    Damned Christmas! *murders Santa*

Anyway...
    I don't think I was roleblocked...
    Since you spilled this already, explain more.
    Not that it's going to help, unless there are names, but since you already give us the info, make it more clear.

grizzly137
    posted 01-03-09 01:28 AM EDT (US)     113 / 834       
    Hope you folks all had a good holiday season, I know I did. (Scored all 5 Seasons of Babylon 5 plus all the B5 movies as a Christmas present.)
    We should open our horizons to the endless array of small characters, as I myself am not any of the main characters. I want to go back to Shanks, since I doubt Sailing is mafia (as of yet) and FoO (if V) is probably not worth looking into.
    Can't stress how much I disagree with this at the moment. There is no reason to go back to Shanks when we have so much material to explore.

1 - FoO. Seems he can't claim and has some sort of post restriction. Or at least wants us to think that. Since most of the folks that have commented on his posts and are convinced that he may be Vaarsuvius, I'm willing to leave him be for the moment.

2 - GoSailing. Claims a tracking ability in Post 74. Then this:
    .... Most others were saying he'd be a doc or cop and I would completely understand FoO wanting to either clear me as a cop or protect me as a doc.
    Basic problem with with that statement. You are assigning altruistic motives to FoO (note: According to Rot's write up, there was an NK attempt on you that failed). FoO doesn't answer what action he attempted on you in either of his two posts. People have made an assuption that the role FoO is claiming is Vaarsuvius so therefore his night action must have been benevolent and have not pursued it any further.

In addition, granting for argument's sake that FoO's is Vaarsuvius, assuming he was trying to clear or protect you is an assumption that has no supporting evidence. He could have easily been trying to get a 'guilty' of some sort on you.

Finally, I give the hairy eyeball to what is basically a circular alibi. Sails comes right out of the gate and places a non-random vote. We find out later that he targetted FoO and that FoO targetted him (although I never did see where FoO cops to any night action all. As of this moment, we have only Sails word that FoO targetted anyone). My main problem here is that we have player A (Sails) coming out and wanting to pressure player B(FoO). No problem at that point as Sails says he will explain in time. FoO gets pressurized and goes ahead and answers without answering. His post restriction and the role most of the folks thinks he is claiming (Vaarsuvius) may be entirely true. But even if it's not true and there is another Vaarsuvius in the game they would out themself for no good reason in a counter-claim because FoO has not claimed to be Vaarsuvius. He has posted in such a way that most everyone assumes that is what he has claimed. If a real Vaarsuvius (assuming there is one that isn't FoO) counters right now, there is no way we could lynch FoO based on the counter. Nor could we lynch the counter claimer (well, I guess we could but the logic would be faulty) based on what we believe is a prior claim. So, we have two players seemingly alibing one another.

Am I going to place a vote on either one of them? Not at this time. I would have been more comfortable if GoSailing had targetted someone that did not target him but I have no solid evidence (or weak evidence for that matter) to believe either of them is lying. If there was pre-game discussion between them then I expect it will become evident as the game goes along so I'm just not willing to put either of them in the 'confirmed town' category just yet. But I have no compelling reason to attack them at this time. I wrote this mainly to give my thoughts to the other players for the time that I may be either lynched or nightkilled and not be able to say anything.

3 - PurpleWorm. Might as well get right into it here.

Vote: PurpleWorm

So far we know very little. One of things that we do know is that there were several NK attempts last night. None of them succeeded.

If we believe Sails, he had a non-NK night action that did not fail. So there is a good possibility (at least in my opinion and giving for the moment that Sails is being truthful) that NK's were the only night actions that universally failed. Discounting conditions and role-blocks, of course.

In Post-23 PW cops to a night action that targetted FoO and that it failed.

In Post-111 PW says he doesn't think he was Role-Blocked.

Given that this game is probably subject to all sorts of conditions we don't know about yet I am leaning towards the opinion that PW's night action might indeed have been an NK attempt. Granted there are reason's any given night action can fail, the only ones that we are certain that have failed so far are NK attempts. On it's own, the above reasoning is weak. But if you add in this part of PW's Post-111 I think it get a little more solid.
    ....I want to go back to Shanks, since I doubt Sailing is mafia (as of yet) and FoO (if V) is probably not worth looking into.
    Why?

Go back to Shanks, I mean. Out of 5 pages of posting the best you can up with is to fall back to your original random vote? On a person that is hovering right around around a zero scum factor? The best case I can see against Shanks is his lack of posting so far but many of us are guilty of that seeing as how this game took off right in the middle of the holidays.

Plus I'll echo what I think Beezlebub is trying to say in the post right above this one. You given a large part of your role already, might as well go all the way.

GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 01-03-09 04:23 AM EDT (US)     114 / 834       
    See I thought we were taking FoO's "claim" as a full claim and if somebody were to come forward with V then we'd probably lynch FoO. He may not have said he's V but he hinted fairly obviously and has not denied our assumptions. Thats as good as a claim and if somebody comes forward its far too late for FoO to say that wasn't his intent.

Maegereg
    posted 01-03-09 10:47 AM EDT (US)     115 / 834       
    Yeah, I think we have to count FoO as claimed at this point. Although it would be nice to know his ability, but I don't think we're going to get that information.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    PurpleWorm
    posted 01-03-09 10:59 AM EDT (US)     116 / 834       
    Looking at my prior posting patterns I am myself unsure what I had intended to gain from pointless breadcrumbing that A) Was useless to me and B) Useless to you...

While I am not a mafia expert persay, I am not a total idiot, and were I anything but pro-town I sincerely doubt I would ever refer to a night action in the manner I previously did.
    3 - PurpleWorm. Might as well get right into it here.

Vote: PurpleWorm

So far we know very little. One of things that we do know is that there were several NK attempts last night. None of them succeeded.

If we believe Sails, he had a non-NK night action that did not fail. So there is a good possibility (at least in my opinion and giving for the moment that Sails is being truthful) that NK's were the only night actions that universally failed. Discounting conditions and role-blocks, of course.

In Post-23 PW cops to a night action that targetted FoO and that it failed.

In Post-111 PW says he doesn't think he was Role-Blocked.
    P-111 was a stupid self revelation to the fact that my action had a 50% chance of success, and therefore was probably not roleblocked but failed. Why I said it out loud, I cannot recall.

PurpleWorm
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird, and not enough the bad luck of the early worm." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Rotaretilbo
    posted 01-03-09 12:16 PM EDT (US)     117 / 834       
    Vote Count
    Shank13 - 1 (Brighty)
    Friend of Old - 4 (GoSailing, A Banned User, The Brit, Briguy)
    PurpleWorm - 2 (grizzly137)
    11 to lynch

Nacht Jaeger
    (id: RCM7525)
    posted 01-03-09 02:01 PM EDT (US)     118 / 834       
    Looks like we have a noble in the house....

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    GoSailing
    EEH Seraph
    posted 01-03-09 02:18 PM EDT (US)     119 / 834       
    Oh, forgot to respond to this by Grizzly:
    You are assigning altruistic motives to FoO (note: According to Rot's write up, there was an NK attempt on you that failed). FoO doesn't answer what action he attempted on you in either of his two posts. People have made an assuption that the role FoO is claiming is Vaarsuvius so therefore his night action must have been benevolent and have not pursued it any further.

In addition, granting for argument's sake that FoO's is Vaarsuvius, assuming he was trying to clear or protect you is an assumption that has no supporting evidence. He could have easily been trying to get a 'guilty' of some sort on you.
    Maybe its just me, but if a townie is looking at anybody with a cop action its altruistic. If he's looking for a guilty then he helps town and if he's looking for innocent he still helps town, provided he's not stupid in how he presents this to the town (and FoO is not).

B Sull
    (id: Briguy54321)
    posted 01-03-09 03:41 PM EDT (US)     120 / 834       
    Unvote

Vote:PurpleWorm

I would like a full RC at this point, no turning back. I'm assuming you're a roleblocker, if not then probably scum.

I need to think of a new sig.
    PurpleWorm
    posted 01-03-09 04:41 PM EDT (US)     121 / 834       
    Looks like we have a noble in the house....
    Under the premise that Rot rarely makes mistakes I think its pretty clear grizzly is a doublevoter... or as you say noble. Considering the fact pretty much all the nobles of Azure City are scum in the comic, we should be careful where we tread.
    I would like a full RC at this point, no turning back. I'm assuming you're a roleblocker, if not then probably scum.
    Um, wrong and wrong again.

Where the hell did you get "Point of No Return" from? All I've done is make non-scummy pointless breadcrumbing that really doesn't point to anything substantial. Grizzly is connecting imaginary dots that really don't lead anywhere but a "Oops, wow why did we let Purple RC again?"

Me RCing is stupid A) Because it'll be a death sentence for me tommorow night and B) Will halfway expose a second power role by my very RC (at least their existence if nothing else).

PurpleWorm
    B Sull
    (id: Briguy54321)
    posted 01-03-09 06:06 PM EDT (US)     122 / 834       
    Because it'll be a death sentence for me tommorow night

Relax, we can always have a doctor protect you, thus neither A or B would happen.

With that said, I would like a RC pls, name and all.

I need to think of a new sig.
    grizzly137
    posted 01-03-09 06:33 PM EDT (US)     123 / 834       
    Under the premise that Rot rarely makes mistakes I think its pretty clear grizzly is a doublevoter... or as you say noble. Considering the fact pretty much all the nobles of Azure City are scum in the comic, we should be careful where we tread.
    Better this comes up sooner than later and this will address a concern that Sails voiced in his last post as well. My main intent of detailing the interaction between you and FoO was so that maybe the rampant assumptions that are being made might slow down a bit. The assumption that FoO claimed Vaarsuvis is reasonable when taken in context and the lack of a counter claim lends weight to it being true. I have this basic snorky nature when it comes to accepting things at face value (especially in a mafia game) without subjecting it to some scrutiny first. As I said in my last post, I have no reason to think you or FoO are lying at this point or trying to pull a fast one. But the skepticism will remain until I have some valid evidence that either reinforces that opinion or causes me to re-evaluate it.

That brings me to PW's quote above. After reading the OotS comics I knew I would have to deal with this at some point in the game. He (PW and I am betting some others who saw NJ's post) made the assumption that Noble[Mafia Role] might have some sort connection to [OotS]Noble in the OotS universe when that leap has no basis. Unless I go to great pains to try and hide my doublevoting status, someone is going to figure it out. It's not as if I can selectively choose to cast one or two votes. That gets me tagged as a 'Noble' which in this game almost automatically guarantees I will get on the 'possible scum' list of anyone who has read the comic.

PurpleWorm
    posted 01-03-09 09:54 PM EDT (US)     124 / 834       
    That brings me to PW's quote above. After reading the OotS comics I knew I would have to deal with this at some point in the game. He (PW and I am betting some others who saw NJ's post) made the assumption that Noble[Mafia Role] might have some sort connection to [OotS]Noble in the OotS universe when that leap has no basis. Unless I go to great pains to try and hide my doublevoting status, someone is going to figure it out. It's not as if I can selectively choose to cast one or two votes. That gets me tagged as a 'Noble' which in this game almost automatically guarantees I will get on the 'possible scum' list of anyone who has read the comic.
    I didn't really get anything other than a doublevote confirmation from that...

So you understood that at some point this would be an issue, but you refrain from addressing it? The connection, though certainly not basis for any conclusions, is not an unlikely one. Under further speculation I find myself at a loss trying to fit character traits to doublevoter. Were I the mod, I doubt I would make Haley, Roy, or Hinjo a doublevoter, and I don't see alot of possibilities. I'm sure you understand the situation will eventually warrant the spotlight? Short of an investigation or a RC the details of this are not quite as comfortable as one would like.

PurpleWorm
    Brightpup
    VIP
    (id: ChaosRobie)
    posted 01-03-09 10:55 PM EDT (US)     125 / 834       
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames