You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.834 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34  Next Page »
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-13-08 04:13 PM EDT (US)         

Xykon's hordes now occupy Azure City. The Order of the
Stick, Hinjo, and the rest of the paladins must flee before
his forces. Now they must somehow take back the city, while
dealing with an impending civil war and the schemes of the
Linear Guild. Will you survive?

Alive
01. Nacht Jaeger (Haley Starshine; Masonic Thief One-Shot Vigilante Bond Brother)
02. The Brit (Lien; Bodyguard)
08. The Wanderer (Roy Greenhilt; Cop Vigilante)
11. DunC (Therkla; Mafia(3) Informed Hitman Lover Unknown Reverse Traitor)
13. A Banned User (Elan; Masonic Assassin One-Shot Roleblocker Bond Brother)
15. coolkidx Catabre (Daigo Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
17. PurpleWorm (Kazumi Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
21. Azur (Hinjo; Noble Politician)

Dead
04. Maegereg (Redcloak; Mafia(2) Phylactery)
05. Arvedui (Nale; Mafia(1) Jack of All Trades)
06. GoSailing (Belkar Bitterleaf; Faith Tracker Cursed Vigilante)
07. GoldenEye923 (Qarr; Mafia(3) Summoner)
09. Brighty (Celia; Informed Governor)
10. grizzly137 (Daimyo Kubota; Mafia(3) One-Shot Ghost Noble Poisoner)
12. Mapppp Droideka_11 (Sabine; Mafia(1) Ghost)
16. Pit_King (Xykon; Mafia(2) Lich Necromancer)
18. Briguy (Durkon Thundershield; One-Shot Iron Doctor One-Shot Reviver)
19. Survivor Fo Sho (Miko Miyazaki; Serial Killer Cop)
20. Beezlebub Ashrzr (Beast in the Shadows; Mafia(2) Invisible Hitman)

Destroyed
03. Friend of Old (Zombie Vaarsuvius; Post Restricted Double Jack of All Trades Zombie)
14. Shanks13 (Zombie Thog; Mafia(1) Hitman Zombie)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 08-16-2009 @ 08:06 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Droideka_11
    posted 07-14-09 10:14 PM EDT (US)     801 / 834       
    I check this every now and then, no worries
    Any thoughts on the game so far then?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    DunC
    (id: Evil_Cheese44221)
    posted 07-15-09 06:28 AM EDT (US)     802 / 834       
    You can't know this for sure. Natch hasn't claimed he is a lover with ABU, only you have.
    I can know this for sure.
    It's quite obvious that if I, a minor character in comparison, have a lover status that Haley and Elan would have one too.
    I can confidently predict if we don't kill the remaining scum today, town is gonna take some heavy heavy night losses.

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
    "The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    "We're All The PirateBay"
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

PurpleWorm
    posted 07-15-09 08:50 PM EDT (US)     803 / 834       
    Maybe it's just me, but Droid's RC seems far too simple for Rot's setup. O-Chul is a larger character later in the strip but at this point and time he really isn't all that much if I can recall.

Looking at the variety of other roles, I'm not sure I buy One-Shot RB, and Semi-Iron. We've had too many Iron, Semi Iron etc already and the fact that Droid has no Night Actions to own up to makes it hard to confirm him.

That said I'm not quite comfortable with DunC's RC. While I don't doubt the complexity of his role or even the name, it is difficult to discern his alignment. The whole one-sided lover seems wholly convenient. If I was DunC, and had his role as described, I would probably omit altogether my lover status (unless under serious threat of lynch) for fear that I would be targeted for it during the night phase. I don't really see the connections he said would be made when he RC'd.

Both Droid and DunC have inconsistencies in their roles IMO. One of them is scum.

I'm willing to pass over Azur since Hinjo is mentioned in the OP, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lien was included in the setup, thus Brit is somewhat cleared.

I guess a reasonable list would be:

Confirmed: ABU, Myself, Cat, Azur, Wanderer, Nacht Suspects: (Brit), Dunc, Droid

PurpleWorm
    Winner of the 2008 AoMH Boss Battle Competition
    Scenarios: Knights of Ni, Gargarensis Rap (4.5)
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird, and not enough the bad luck of the early worm." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
    A Banned User
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    posted 07-16-09 11:19 AM EDT (US)     804 / 834       
    You and Cat arn't confirmed. It's been like 5 nights and you still haven't provided us with a single result.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    DunC
    posted 07-16-09 06:21 PM EDT (US)     805 / 834       
    What if they're our remaining Linear Guild scum?

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

PurpleWorm
    posted 07-16-09 06:29 PM EDT (US)     806 / 834       
    Perhaps it was from my perspective...

In order for me to be scum, I would have had to out Shanks13 day one. Risky, unlikely, etc, etc. I alos announced failed NA on FoO whose role explained it. Were I scum would I bother to say so? There are far easier roles I could have made in defense. But WIFOM I suppose.

Other than Miko, do you see any other cop on the dead list?

Do you think Rot would be satisfied with one cop, and a serial killer at that?

Me AND Cat would both have to be in the linear guild. I haven't read the comic since December but Thog, and Nale are both dead, and what two more could we possibly be?

From wiki- "Pompey was left behind in Cliffport was because she refused to carry him on the three-day flight to Azure City and thus be forced to endure his constant "accidental" gropes."

I'm pretty sure Yok was slain before this in the timeline and Leeky deserted.

That only leaves Sabine who is only one character.

I could be getting this all wrong but it has been several months, and I only checked the wiki briefly.

PurpleWorm
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird, and not enough the bad luck of the early worm." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
    PurpleWorm
    posted 07-16-09 06:37 PM EDT (US)     807 / 834       
    Here is a list of our targets:

Night 0: Shanks13 (guilty) and partner: FoO(failed).
    Night 1: grizzly137 (failed) and partner: Ashrzr (failed).
    Night 2: both on Pit_King (guilty).
    Night 3: both on Ashrzr (failed).

All failures can be attributed to either a role's characteristics or our 50% risk. I explained earlier in the thread why the risk was worth it (in the early phases as least).

PurpleWorm
    DunC
    posted 07-17-09 07:43 AM EDT (US)     808 / 834       
    two more could we possibly be?
    Sabine...
    Hilgya...
    That Kobold who I can't remember the name of...

Fact remains the Linear Guild is at large.
    So what if I *may* be Scum?

Even if I've lied there's still the chance I'll be converted
    and seeing as I can't kill ABU or Nacht this restricts me to having to play Pro-Town.

*awaits all the OMG HE IS SCUM POSTS*
    Answer to them:
    I'm offsetting the arguments posed against me with the scenario.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

DunC
    posted 07-17-09 07:47 AM EDT (US)     809 / 834       
    I forgot to mention in my first post that
    "This game doesn't appear to fully run with Canon, so any of the members of the Linear Guild could be in the game"

Also:
    Night 0: Shanks13 (guilty) and partner: FoO(failed).
    Night 1: grizzly137 (failed) and partner: Ashrzr (failed).
    Night 2: both on Pit_King (guilty).
    Night 3: both on Ashrzr (failed).
    You basically tell us things we already know, which really doesn't help your case?

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

PurpleWorm
    posted 07-17-09 09:02 AM EDT (US)     810 / 834       
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Guild#Hilgya_Firehelm

No, I'm pretty sure the people you just mentioned have deserted or are dead.

That leaves Sabine. It might come as a shock, but I think we can rely on dead characters being dead, and alive characters being alive in this game. There is nothing in the dead list or in any of the flavor text to suggest otherwise. I am not surprised that the Wanderer was not informed of Roy's death as his death occurred during the invasion. The story is set beforehand, I believe?
    "This game doesn't appear to fully run with Canon, so any of the members of the Linear Guild could be in the game"
    The canon broken is more in the realm of role types, than the storyline. You are confusing two separate entities. Just because Rot is experimenting with role abilities does not mean he is experimenting with the timeline.

Even if there were two left, what I have provided so far is more than enough:

I had explanations for all of the problematic cop results, and you will take notice that while I referenced my day one pinning of Shanks, you chose only to address the issues that were convenient to you. You seem to be making a straw man out of my arguments?

Kazumi/Daigo would have been foolhardy claims day one. The chances of counter claim were abundant and the stupidity of outing fellow scum day one is frankly obvious. There was no risk claiming Therkla, because Therkla *gasp* is scum. The most simple of conclusions is often correct, and it is far less absurd to assert that a scum role (therkla) might actually be scum than to claim that I, would take a large number of risks for no apparent reason and thus must be scum.

As you are choosing to pick at the weakest points of my argument, excluding the more plentiful evidence that I am not, in fact scum, I do not feel the need to counter you further.

Either you or Droid is scum. Since you are using fallacy to support your arguments, and Droid is not, you are not making the case any better for yourself.

Perhaps you should take notice that your role has far less support than mine. Your claimed role is scum, and none of the roles you claimed lovers with are able to back you up. Your fellow scum are dead, and there is nothing you can point to aside from an unsupported RC to back yourself up.

The question is simply, you, or Droid?

PurpleWorm
    PurpleWorm
    posted 07-17-09 09:05 AM EDT (US)     811 / 834       
    Even if I've lied there's still the chance I'll be converted
    and seeing as I can't kill ABU or Nacht this restricts me to having to play Pro-Town.
    While it is also possible that your RC was fabricated to a certain extent.

PurpleWorm
    DunC
    posted 07-17-09 10:30 AM EDT (US)     812 / 834       
    By all means, have ABU day-kill me.
    I guarentee you'll be surprised when I die.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Droideka_11
    posted 07-21-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     813 / 834       
    So what are we doing. Whose more suspicious, DunC or me? You guys decide.

DunC
    posted 07-21-09 08:11 AM EDT (US)     814 / 834       
    They can easily have me day-killed and you lynched, you realise?
    It's not a matter of who:
    it's a matter of how.

I'm glad there's at least one other town vigilante.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

PurpleWorm
    posted 07-22-09 03:14 PM EDT (US)     815 / 834       
    Well we pretty much know that DuNC is Therkla, regardless of allegiance.

But we are still missing any Linear Guild scum.

So if one or both of you are scum (this is assuming it is either of them):

1. Droid is O-Chul (Town), DunC is Therkla (Scum)

2. Droid is Sabine? (Scum), DunC is Therkla (Town)

3. Droid is Sabine? (Scum), DunC is Therkla (Scum)

The determining factor is really what Droid's role is. If it were up to me, I'd daykill Droid. We don't learn anything new by daykilling DunC since we know his role and the only thing to question is his allegiance.

If Droid is Sabine, and the game does not end upon his death, it is very likely that DunC is scum since there really aren't any other Linear characters and we know Therkla was/is scum.

If we daykill DunC, we risk the whole lover problem and regardless of determining allegiance upon death, we don't know if Droid is really O-Chul or not.

IMO, daykilling Droid is safer and opens up more doors than DunC.

It would be nice to get other opinions on this now that the thread has fallen back into inactive land.

PurpleWorm
    DunC
    posted 07-23-09 05:29 AM EDT (US)     816 / 834       
    Well, I can easily use my power on anyone tonight.
    I'll gladly target anyone you choose. Unless I think them to be Town.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Droideka_11
    posted 07-23-09 11:06 AM EDT (US)     817 / 834       
    Well we pretty much know that DuNC is Therkla, regardless of allegiance.
    How?

PurpleWorm
    posted 07-23-09 02:32 PM EDT (US)     818 / 834       
    I see Daiymo and Qarr in the dead list. A two-person mafia would be heavily overwhelmed in a mafia such as this, I doubt that Rot wouldn't include Therkla. Not to mention that Therkla is more of a character than Qarr anyway, I'd be less certain if Therkla was in the dead list and DunC claimed Qarr, but that's irrelevant.

What bugs me is that DunC claims he was unaware of the circumstances that allowed him to switch sides and that if it did pertain to Elan being claimed why he was not converted a long while back, when it was clearly obvious who Elan was. I am still uneasy with the question of alignment but as aforementioned that is easily solved if the game continues after any remianing linear scum are dead.

PurpleWorm
    DunC
    posted 07-23-09 05:53 PM EDT (US)     819 / 834       
    What bugs me is that DunC claims he was unaware of the circumstances that allowed him to switch sides
    I had my suspicions and questioned Rot.
    All I got was a "maybe"

It would be foolish to include such information in my role, I could play the town role and mafia then when the going got tough: sell out my partners and switch at any time (if I knew).
    Over-powered?

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

A Banned User
    posted 07-26-09 04:34 PM EDT (US)     820 / 834       
    I could kill DunC and lynch Droideka. Best of both worlds then.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    PurpleWorm
    posted 07-26-09 07:02 PM EDT (US)     821 / 834       
    Other way around is safer as mentioned. If you're going to daykill one, Droid is probably a better option.

PurpleWorm
    A Banned User
    posted 07-27-09 07:08 AM EDT (US)     822 / 834       
    Droid claimed semi-iron so it could fail.

PurpleWorm
    posted 07-27-09 02:04 PM EDT (US)     823 / 834       
    Well if it fails it proves he wasn't lying about that aspect of his role.

All though I suppose it just proves he was semi-iron, doesn't prove allegiance :/

PurpleWorm
    A Banned User
    posted 08-16-09 07:28 PM EDT (US)     824 / 834       
    Sorry for taking so long, but I've been carefully pondering my decision for a while now. I've read through the game, through everybodys posts, and through all the write ups. I've discussed it longly with Nacht and looked at all the best options and possibilites and likely events from who I choose to kill today, I've looked deeply into the theme, and decided whose roleclaims are the weakest and whose don't make sense.

And after a lot of consideration, which I will take full responsibility if this goes wrong and we lose, as I've made this decision by myself, with no help from anybody, especially not the game host, I'm going to:

Knock Knock
    Whose there?
    Droideka
    Droideka who?
    Theres no possidle way to amke a good joke with droidekas name.

Sadly I didn't spend as much time in the joke as I did in the decision.

Rotaretilbo
    (id: Brandon Rebuga)
    posted 08-16-09 08:00 PM EDT (US)     825 / 834       
    The others gave a half-hearted chuckle at Elan's joke, but his
    rapier penetrated Sabine's armor, running through her heart.
    "I'll get you for this!" she cried. "One hundred years is not
    so long to my kind." Sabine's body seemed to dissolve around
    his rapier. Elan kind of chuckled. He'd be dead by the time
    her exile from the material plane was over.

Sabine (Droideka_11), a mafia ghost, has been killed.
    The Linear Guild has been eliminated.
    The town is victorious.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames