You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.834 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Order of the Stick Mafia II - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-13-08 04:13 PM EDT (US)         

Xykon's hordes now occupy Azure City. The Order of the
Stick, Hinjo, and the rest of the paladins must flee before
his forces. Now they must somehow take back the city, while
dealing with an impending civil war and the schemes of the
Linear Guild. Will you survive?

Alive
01. Nacht Jaeger (Haley Starshine; Masonic Thief One-Shot Vigilante Bond Brother)
02. The Brit (Lien; Bodyguard)
08. The Wanderer (Roy Greenhilt; Cop Vigilante)
11. DunC (Therkla; Mafia(3) Informed Hitman Lover Unknown Reverse Traitor)
13. A Banned User (Elan; Masonic Assassin One-Shot Roleblocker Bond Brother)
15. coolkidx Catabre (Daigo Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
17. PurpleWorm (Kazumi Kato; Neighborhood Watch)
21. Azur (Hinjo; Noble Politician)

Dead
04. Maegereg (Redcloak; Mafia(2) Phylactery)
05. Arvedui (Nale; Mafia(1) Jack of All Trades)
06. GoSailing (Belkar Bitterleaf; Faith Tracker Cursed Vigilante)
07. GoldenEye923 (Qarr; Mafia(3) Summoner)
09. Brighty (Celia; Informed Governor)
10. grizzly137 (Daimyo Kubota; Mafia(3) One-Shot Ghost Noble Poisoner)
12. Mapppp Droideka_11 (Sabine; Mafia(1) Ghost)
16. Pit_King (Xykon; Mafia(2) Lich Necromancer)
18. Briguy (Durkon Thundershield; One-Shot Iron Doctor One-Shot Reviver)
19. Survivor Fo Sho (Miko Miyazaki; Serial Killer Cop)
20. Beezlebub Ashrzr (Beast in the Shadows; Mafia(2) Invisible Hitman)

Destroyed
03. Friend of Old (Zombie Vaarsuvius; Post Restricted Double Jack of All Trades Zombie)
14. Shanks13 (Zombie Thog; Mafia(1) Hitman Zombie)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 08-16-2009 @ 08:06 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    The Wanderer
    posted 03-06-09 05:46 AM EDT (US)     476 / 834       
    It appears that Dunc' has taken quite harshly to my roleclaim. Perhaps I misphrased something. I apologise in advance if I did. Allow me to elaborate on my roleclaim.

My roleclaim:
    Paraphrasing my role email, my character name's Roy Greenhilt who's one of the vanilla characters. My role is of a semi-bullet proof veteran. Rot also added that a veteran is a one-shot vigilante. I have yet to use my ability.
    Elaboration:

1) My character name's Roy Greenhit.

2) My character's one of the ( first few characters created and seen from the beginning of the game. ) The words within the brackets were what I meant as vanilla, that my character's one of the original characters.

3)My role is of a semi-bullet proof veteran. This can be translated to a semi-iron one-shot vigilante.

4) I have not used my ability yet.
    Roy is dead at this part of the Saga.
    Therefore, you should be a ghost, incapable of contact with the human realm.
    I have no knowledge of the theme, but I believe that if my character is dead, then Rot surely must have some conditions in place that relates to this. Of these conditions, however, I have no knowledge.
    Not only that, how can you be "Vanilla" AND "Semi-Bulletproof Veteran (One Shot Vig)"
    Further evidence you lie.
    It seems that you have misinterpreted my roleclaim. Perhaps it was wrong of me to use the word 'vanilla' in the above roleclaim. What I meant was that my character was one of the original characters created. The word 'vanilla' has nothing to do with my role. I apologise for my actions.
    ROY IS DEAD.
    Therefore there should be conditions preventing his communication with the LIVING.
    You seem adamant on the possibility that there are such conditions. I, however, have not been informed about these so-called conditions of yours. If what you say is true, then shouldn't I have been told about these conditions?
    a poor RC that contradicts itsself by claiming Vanilla and a Power role.
    As I've said earlier, the word, or rather, the adjective 'vanilla' pertains to the character, and not the role. The word 'vanilla' was used to describe that the character was one of the first few characters in the comic, and has no relation whatsoever to the role. I apologise once again if the word caused any confusion.
    Isn't he like the main character?
    Yes, I think so. Roy appears to be the main character of this theme.

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
    To never have a brief sojourn.
    Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
    Allieviate, my malady.
    Engulf me now, to you I bow.
    Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
    Catabre
    BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
    posted 03-06-09 08:13 AM EDT (US)     477 / 834       
    Not buying it...

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    DunC
    (id: Evil_Cheese44221)
    posted 03-06-09 09:41 AM EDT (US)     478 / 834       
    It appears that Dunc' has taken quite harshly to my roleclaim. Perhaps I misphrased something. I apologise in advance if I did. Allow me to elaborate on my roleclaim.
    No, I just don't believe you.
    According to OotS canon, Roy is dead, therefore as a character this is not viable as you have stated it.
    Yes, I think so. Roy appears to be the main character of this theme.
    Roy is among the Main Characters, the story originally revolved around him and his fathers blood oath to kill Xykon, now the plot is more based around his ressurection and Vaarsavius.

I'm still all for lynching you, Wanderer. Canon demands it. I'll be sorry if I'm wrong, but following the trend of this game so far I am forced to believe you to be lying.

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
    "The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    "We're All The PirateBay"
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Nacht Jaeger
    (id: RCM7525)
    posted 03-06-09 11:08 AM EDT (US)     479 / 834       
    If Roy is a major character and nobody's counter-claimed yet, should we believe him?

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    Maegereg
    posted 03-06-09 01:46 PM EDT (US)     480 / 834       
    Definitely not. As DunC said, Roy is dead at this part of the story. Unless he showed up as a ghost I would not expect him in this mafia.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    A Banned User
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    posted 03-06-09 04:29 PM EDT (US)     481 / 834       
    Why would somebody who has not read the comics roleclaim as one of the main character if there mafia? Surely they'd be scared of somebody counterclaiming, if they didn't know Roy to be dead.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    Maegereg
    posted 03-06-09 05:04 PM EDT (US)     482 / 834       
    I was thinking about that. But ultimately, you're placing "why would they do that" against the fact that the character Wanderer is trying to claim is dead. I think we have to go with canon n this one.

Maegereg
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    Pit_King
    posted 03-06-09 06:29 PM EDT (US)     483 / 834       
    Why would somebody who has not read the comics roleclaim as one of the main character if there mafia? Surely they'd be scared of somebody counterclaiming, if they didn't know Roy to be dead.
    You also have to include the fact that mafias work in a group. So although The Wanderer may not have read the comic, his teammates may have told him to rc as Roy since he is dead and no one would counter.

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

DunC
    posted 03-07-09 06:44 AM EDT (US)     484 / 834       
    Why would somebody who has not read the comics roleclaim as one of the main character if there mafia? Surely they'd be scared of somebody counterclaiming, if they didn't know Roy to be dead
    Because the odds are, they read the comic really or summed up the plot. They hoped most of us wouldn't pick up on the fact Roy is dead, or we would think that there's nought to do with Canon in this Mafia.
    Fact remains, chances are too high that he is scum to let him live.

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

DunC
    posted 03-07-09 06:49 AM EDT (US)     485 / 834       
    Unless he showed up as a ghost
    Which is what I was trying to point out by the fact his role doesn't fit with Canon.
    Seeing as He'd be a Post Restricted, Iron, Unlynchable Lover Townie if following Canon.

Post Restricted: Ghost, cannot commune with living other than the oracle
    Iron: Ghosts can't die by mortal hands
    Unlynchable: Ghosts can't die by mortal Hands
    Lover: Spellcasters die. No revive, therefore dead to us all

So, lynch I assume?
    'cause we need more votes.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

The Brit
    (id: EmpireMaster)
    posted 03-07-09 09:49 AM EDT (US)     486 / 834       
    Vote: Wanderer

Who Dares Wins - SAS Motto.
    My LOTR Saga Thread(Currently In Production)
    My Scens: The SASo0-0o Hold The City
    Catabre
    BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
    posted 03-07-09 12:38 PM EDT (US)     487 / 834       
    Bold it

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    Brightpup
    VIP
    (id: ChaosRobie)
    posted 03-07-09 02:08 PM EDT (US)     488 / 834       
    I find The Wanderer's roleclaim very believable. So with that, I will stop this lynch.
    Mapppp
    (id: Jimmy2)
    posted 03-07-09 02:10 PM EDT (US)     489 / 834       
    I don't know, while it is very incriminating that Roy is a ghost and Wanderer is not, it's a bit strange that no-one has counter-claimed, and I think that the timeline might be a bit scrambled. In the OP, it says:
    The Order of the
    Stick, Hinjo, and the rest of the paladins must flee before
    his forces.
    Could this be during the invasion, before Roy died? I don't know. But it appears there is no going against the majority.

However, as I was typing, Bright said he's stopping the lynch. So, I guess we wait to see what's happening.

◓◓◓◓◓
    Maegereg
    posted 03-07-09 02:23 PM EDT (US)     490 / 834       
    Roy died in the battle. By the time they were fleeing, he was already dead. And once again, Brighty demonstrates his bad judgment.

Maegereg
    Free Kenan
    Brightpup
    VIP
    posted 03-07-09 02:31 PM EDT (US)     491 / 834       
    Roy died in the battle. By the time they were fleeing, he was already dead. And once again, Brighty demonstrates his bad judgment.
    Wrong
    Brightpup
    VIP
    posted 03-07-09 02:38 PM EDT (US)     492 / 834       
    And Wanderer, if I could suggest a target for tonight...
    Kill: Maegereg
    A Banned User
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    posted 03-07-09 06:23 PM EDT (US)     493 / 834       
    A) Brighty, say why you believe his role and why you are willing to stop his lynch
    B) Don't just say wrong. State why your not demonstrating bad judgement, and why you think Roy will be in this mafia.
    C) Why should Wanderer kill maegereg? No way will he kill him for no reason at all because a useless townie who isn't playing really poorly tells him to.

Seriously though Brighty if you don't stop becoming a nuisance to the town and basically trying to influence the game by seemingly purposely handicapping the town, tommorow I will kill you.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    DunC
    posted 03-07-09 07:34 PM EDT (US)     494 / 834       
    Wrong
    No, right.

Roy falls from Kykons headless zombie dragon, after being struck by a meteor shower.
    He then strikes the ground and dies, unable to contact Celia.
    The plot unfolds from there leading on to the rest of the adventure.
    Do not question me, I have AVIDLY read this comic.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

DunC
    posted 03-07-09 07:35 PM EDT (US)     495 / 834       
    Please Banned. Kill him.
    It may prove Wanderers innocence, let alone save us the annoying comments.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

DunC
    posted 03-07-09 07:36 PM EDT (US)     496 / 834       
    Sp. Post 1:
    Xykon*

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Brightpup
    VIP
    posted 03-07-09 10:04 PM EDT (US)     497 / 834       
    A) Brighty, say why you believe his role and why you are willing to stop his lynch
    B) Don't just say wrong. State why your not demonstrating bad judgement, and why you think Roy will be in this mafia.
    Look at my roleclaim... What else!?
    C) Why should Wanderer kill maegereg? No way will he kill him for no reason at all because a useless townie who isn't playing really poorly tells him to.
    Unlike you, I'm active and have examined his behavior. This is between me and The Wanderer atm.
    Seriously though Brighty if you don't stop becoming a nuisance to the town and basically trying to influence the game by seemingly purposely handicapping the town, tommorow I will kill you.
    No. That would be a bad use of your power.
    Even suggesting something like that...
    Pit_King
    posted 03-07-09 10:38 PM EDT (US)     498 / 834       
    Unlike you, I'm active and have examined his behavior. This is between me and The Wanderer atm.
    Active doesn't always mean good. Also, it is not just between you and The Wanderer, this affects everyone as the killing of a single townie is bad for us all.
    No. That would be a bad use of your power.
    Even suggesting something like that...
    That's ironic. You are going against the whole town in stopping a lynch and you are suggesting to The Wanderer to kill someone based on "behavior" without even hearing his rc.
    Look at my roleclaim... What else!?
    So this is where the "informed" part comes into play, eh? Unfortunately, you have already shown yourself to have bad judgment and simply saying, "look at my rc" doesn't cut it anymore. For all we know, you can simply be getting flavor text and misinterpreting it, you weren't so "informed" about whom to pressure now were you? Well, can anyone else who had this ability in a previous Rot game explain what it does exactly? Since Brighty is obviously post-restricted about explaining it.

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

Azur
    Devil's Advocate
    (id: Azur_Fire)
    posted 03-08-09 00:25 AM EDT (US)     499 / 834       
    Celia is also the one who would be the Lover with Roy...
    Brightpup
    VIP
    posted 03-08-09 03:24 AM EDT (US)     500 / 834       
    That's ironic. You are going against the whole town in stopping a lynch and you are suggesting to The Wanderer to kill someone based on "behavior" without even hearing his rc.
    I don't see it...
    Active doesn't always mean good. Also, it is not just between you and The Wanderer, this affects everyone as the killing of a single townie is bad for us all.
    But it means you are thinking.
    So this is where the "informed" part comes into play, eh? Unfortunately, you have already shown yourself to have bad judgment and simply saying, "look at my rc" doesn't cut it anymore. For all we know, you can simply be getting flavor text and misinterpreting it, you weren't so "informed" about whom to pressure now were you? Well, can anyone else who had this ability in a previous Rot game explain what it does exactly? Since Brighty is obviously post-restricted about explaining it.
    I fail to see my "bad judgement" and you and Maegereg seem to have the same trail of thought. Why are you attacking a townie player?
    Especially when you yourself have not rc...
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames