Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.73 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Broken Arrow
Bottom
Topic Subject:Broken Arrow
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-11-08 07:26 PM EDT (US)         
Alright, so I'm looking to do a small Roleplay here. Post modern military, probably focusing on counter-terrorism. Hopefully avoid some cliches in the process, but then, you can hardly RP without cliches. :P

The year is 2020. In 2012, Iraq and Afghanistan were both fully under their own control again, Iran had suffered a revolution in which the Ayatollah was overthrown, the Russian economy had stabilized without resorting to Communism, and contrary to all predictions, the world is at peace. The UN has turned its attention to Sudan and managed to defuse ethnic cleansing there, and the process of defusing rising situations in the Balkans is underway. However, many believe this is the calm before the storm, that terrorism can never be defeated, only delayed, and so in preparation for the possibility of a resurgence in terrorism, the UN formed a unit called Gray Fox in late 2019. This unit has pulled the best of the best from the special forces of countries within the UN, and brought them together for the sole purpose of keeping the peace. And while there have been small upsets, the peace has generally been maintained and Gray Fox has never been called upon, until now. Chechen forces are making a reappearance in Russia, and Gray Fox is being mobilized for the first time. The objective: recover a stolen British nuclear warhead.

I'm looking for about five people, though I'm ok with seven. Please post a character bio to sign up. Try to follow the format below.

Name: Your character's name.
Birth Place: Your character's birth place (include, city, state/province/region, and country).
Birth Date: Your character's date of birth.
Military Service: Any military history for your character.
Bio: A brief backstory for your character.
Primary Weapon: Your character's main weapon(s).
Secondary Weapon: Your character's sidearm.
Other Weapons: Other weapons your character carries.
Also Proficient With: Weapons your character may be familiar with, but not necessarily use in his/her designated role(s).
Specialty: The role(s) your character excels in.

This RP will be a mix of freeform and strict play. I will be creating scenarios, but I'm not going to dictate how the rest of you act. I will provide plot twists now and then, and may take control of hostile personnel, but generally, if you promise to all be realistic, you are allowed to do as you wish. We'll all be on the same team here. I want to warn against players who will try to overglorify or dramatize their characters. I want this to be realistic. This isn't a series of multiple lone wolf heroes, but rather a unit.

Scenarios will come in three parts. I will announce a scenario, and then we will all plan the operation. After planning is complete, we will execute the operation. And once we are done executing, I'll give a brief summary of the after-effects of the operation. Then, based on what we did, I'll announce the next scenario.

1. Rotaretilbo - Hank J Wimbleton II
2. buffa1oso1di3r - Jamal Britton
3. Azzt_Rhell - Johanssen Spitzberg
4. Friend of Old - Arnold Farrow
5. Gallowglass - Diarmaid MacAmadan Caimbeul
6. Arvedui - Alexander Grant
7. Sargon II - Cai Llewellyn

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 12-13-2008 @ 04:03 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
posted 12-11-08 07:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 73       
Name: Hank J Wimbleton II
Birth Place: Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Birth Date: 14 March, 1989
Military Service: German KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte)
Bio: Hank is part of a long lineage of soldiers and vigilantes, and is the second to hold the name Hank J Wimbleton (named after his late grandfather). He spent much of his time secluded in the outskirts of the German city in the heart of the Ruhr Area. When he turned 24, he applied for the KSK as a civilian. After completing the two year selection process, scoring very high in the both the psychological and physical phases of the last four months of pre-training, Hank was accepted into the KSK in 5th Platoon as a scout sniper. Hank, while not the best sniper, was known for his cold, almost emotionless take on life - Hank didn't kill people, he killed targets; Hank didn't talk to people, he interacted with equipment. After five years in 5th Platoon, Hank was recruited into Gray Fox as a NATO operative.
Primary Weapon: Heckler und Koch MSG-90 (Hendsoldt 6x42 Telescopic Sight w/ Illuminated Reticle) / DSR-Precision DSR-50 (Hendsoldt 6x42 Telescopic Sight w/ Illuminated Reticle / Blast Compensator)
Secondary Weapon: Heckler und Koch Mark 23 Mod 0 (KAC supressor, AN/PEQ-6 laser sight)
Other Weapons: Wimbleton Ancestral Katana (the blade is sharp, but not a practical combat weapon, and is worn mainly for show, though it is sometimes used for "interrogation" purposes), KM2000
Also Proficient With: N/A
Specialty: Reconnaissance, Sniper, and Counter-Sniper

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 12-11-2008 @ 07:38 PM).]

buffa1oso1di3r
posted 12-11-08 07:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 73       
Name: Jamal Britton
Birth Place: San Diego, California, United States of America
Birth Date: August 25th, 1992
Military Service: 1st Marine Corps Special Operations Battalion
Bio: Born on August 25th, 1992 to an affluent family in San Diego, California, Jamal Britton enlisted in the United States Marine Corps after receiving a 95 on the ASVAB, with the MOS of 0311, and was sent to MCRD San Diego for Recruit Training. After graduating, he was attached to the 1st Marine Division out of Camp Pendleton, California. Soon afterward, he made it through the selection process for the MOS of 0321 (MARSOC), and was assigned to the 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion. Following numerous covert operations in the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia, he was selected for the elite Grey Fox unit.
His appearance is that of a 5’9, light skinned African-American, with a buzz cut. He is known for his quiet personality, fitting his role as reconnaissance, and has a knack for creeping silently.
Primary Weapon: Knights Armory Personal Defense Weapon, with Suppressor and Reflex Sight
Secondary Weapon: Kimber Desert Warrior, Kimber Aegis Pistol
Other Weapons: Ka-Bar Fighting Knife
Also Proficient With: N/A
Specialty: Recon/CQB

[This message has been edited by buffa1oso1di3r (edited 12-11-2008 @ 07:45 PM).]

Azzt_Rhell
posted 12-11-08 07:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 73       
Name:Johanssen Spitzberg
Born: Hamburg, Germany
DOB: June 2, 1985
Military service: GSG9
Bio: Enlisted at 23 in GSG9. Received top marks in physical and psyc tests. Served for 12 years with good service record. Recruited to Grey Fox as primary assault.
Primary weapon: Kriss Super V, red dot (open), black/green, waterproofed, 3 spare magazines (28 rounds/mag).
Secondary weapon: Heckler&Koch USP Tactical (.45 ACP), underslung flashlight, black, waterproof holster, 2 spare clips.
Other weapons: Gerber Mark II.
Specialty: Mid/close range combat.

{{TINPC}}Azzt_Rhell

[This message has been edited by Azzt_Rhell (edited 12-11-2008 @ 07:51 PM).]

Sargon II
posted 12-12-08 03:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 73       
I'm in, btw. I'll post up the bio at later, I've got some stuff over at HiC to sort out.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 12-12-08 12:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 73       
Name: Arnold Farrow
Birth Place: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
Birth Date: 27/11/1987
Military Service: SAS
Bio: Arnold always wanted to be a lawyer and only happened to join the military for a scholarship. Planning to sever in a non-combat role he was still asked to go through basic training, just in case. He showed exemplary skill and was drafted to various divisions, each one more dangerous than the last, eventually winding up in the SAS. Whilst successful Arnold was honourably discharged two years before Grey Fox was formed amidst allegations of violating human rights unnecessarily whilst in action. His skill however was undeniable and became the stuff of legend, leading him to be recruited into Grey Fox.
Primary Weapon: Remmington 870 Tactical Variant.
Secondary Weapon: L105A1 with suppressor.
Other Weapons: Switchblade knife.
Also Proficient With: Various SMGs, Pistols and vehicle mounted machine guns.
Specialty: Infiltration and Sabotage.

Doctor FoO
Gallowglass
posted 12-12-08 07:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 73       
Name: Diarmaid MacAmadan Caimbeul
Birth Place: Portnalong, Skye, Highlands, Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain
Birth Date: 5/5/1994
Military Service:
To have seen them break like a surge of water from the thick forest, their gillies with shields raised as defence against the rain, clutching sword, Kalashnikov, and crann tara - it was the nightmare of the pressgangs, the scourge of the seasoned veterans, and the end for thousands with or without guns in their hands
When trouble arose in the Highlands in 2008, Diarmaid was one of the first to rally around the crann tara in Inverness. Fighting mainly in the urban areas of southern Scotland and northern England under the relentless Seamus mac Fearchar Caimbeul, he quickly became one of the foremost authorities on melee combat and urban warfare available to the militia. Responsible for drilling recruits and prisoners in the virtues and style of warfare preferred by the generals when they arrived on Barra, he learned many tricks from other veterans who came to view his work, eventually taking more of an interest in using sniper rifles at close range. Preferring weapons which are mobile and accurate, such as the silenced MP5, there are few urban tasks he cannot handle. In the confined spaces of narrow streets or city ruins, his blade is more useful than a bullet.
Physically strong as he is, his endurance is not up to the standard of many of his former fellow soldiers who fought on open battlefields. He is loyal and fierce, and ruthless.
However, with the inconclusive disaster at Greenhithe and Seamus's failure to counter the UN invasion in the west, a treaty between the Highlanders and the Anglo-Scottish government was reached. Although Gaelic is now a compulsory subject in schools across the British Isles, and the clans are allowed to function as political parties with their own military might, the soldiers did not receive the lands they were promised.
Many joined the new British Army, but others, feeling betrayed by their leaders, looked to the undefeated UN force as it left, and, after interrogation, were employed. Diarmaid was one of these soldiers.
His skills in melee have been invaluable, and his use of silenced, compact weapons even more so. A unique style of urban fighting, fanaticism, and experience in some of the harshest battlefields since WWI have made him a seasoned and eager warrior.
Bio: A native of Skye, he was born in Portnalong. Like his future leader, Seamus mac Fearchar Caimbeul, he found out about the truth from books, and was astonished to find that Gaelic-medium education had taught him the opposite. He harboured a bitter hatred for nationalist Scots and Gaels, recognising the United Kingdom and Britain for what it was - the land of the Gael. The British government, in his eyes, needed to be reformed and brought back to reality.
Educated in many martial arts and the use of many types of Highland weapons, he then became an expert on Highland history and culture, and did all he could to promote a rebellion by collecting funds through a fanatical order. Briefly imprisoned for trespassing on RAF Lossiemouth, he wasn't free for long before the rebel generals began to assess the situation in the Highlands.
He heard of them, and, in a brazen move without thought of British Army traps, he wrote a dossier, along with a few others, on the state of Gaeldom and sent it to Seamus so he could prove to the other generals that a rebellion was possible.
He left his home and girlfriend in Portree, and made his way to Inverness where it was made public knowledge that the generals would light the crann-tara and rally the fighting men.
Although the generals were delayed, he arrived early, and eventually managed to be one of the first to greet the generals as they approached Inverness Castle.
In the rebellion, he had many roles, eventually meeting his girlfriend again when he released her and others from Carlisle Castle. His request for a marriage was rejected until the war, which was now a panic, positions changing by the hour, was won.
However, the UN-sponsored evacuation of most of northern England to Ireland whilst the rebels were rearming put paid to this ambition. After a minor skirmish with the UN civilian fleet off of Barra, the rebels invaded England again, and from then on Diarmaid's history is explained above.
Primary Weapon: Skean-dhu, Silenced MP5
Secondary Weapon: Makarov, flare gun
Other Weapons: IEDs, Dart Rifle
Also Proficient With: Claymore, war axe, mortar
Specialty: Hand-to-hand combat, same-elevation sniping, and urban warfare

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-13-2008 @ 08:51 AM).]

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 12-12-08 08:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 73       
Name: Alexander Grant
Birth Place: New York City, New York, USA
Birth Date: 3/15/1985
Military Service: United States Army Special Forces
Bio: Alex Grant is the son of Alan Grant, a retired Army Major General who served honorably with allied forces against the former Soviet Union. He was named after a friend of his father's named Alexander Fletcher. Constantly overshadowed at West Point by his father's, well, shadow, he managed to make it into the United States Army Special Forces and quickly became one of the elite. At the age of 30, he served in the near Middle East for a short time, which cemented his status as one of the best, but a team player. At 34, he was selected to join Gray Fox.
Primary Weapon: MK16
Secondary Weapon: Joint Combat Pistol
Other Weapons: Strider SMF
Also Proficient With: More or less anything you can throw at him that is in international use.
Specialty: Recon, mid-range to close combat

*waits for Sargon to comment*

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Rotaretilbo
posted 12-13-08 02:56 AM EDT (US)     8 / 73       
Let me just say that Gallow and Sargy (if he puts in a bio in time) are both on thin ice as far as nationalism goes. As far as I'm concerned, nationalism made HiC half as fun as it could have been, and I am not going to have that happen here. Your character can be nationalistic, but remember that we're all on the same team, and we aren't trying to outdo each other.

Also, Gallow, you may have to make some edits to your backstory. Per the posted backstory, by 2012, the world is at peace for the most part (genocide in Darfur wasn't eliminated until 2014). A sort of civil war/rebellion in Great Britain in 2015 directly contradicts this concept. It would make much more sense if, perhaps by 2015, the states within Great Britain would kiss and make up (well, except Wales...I mean, everyone hates Wales :P), put the past behind them, and work together.

Gallowglass
posted 12-13-08 04:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 73       
Done.

But I never mentioned Scotland, so how it's nationalistic I don't know.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-13-2008 @ 06:10 AM).]

Rotaretilbo
posted 12-13-08 06:27 AM EDT (US)     10 / 73       
It was more of a blow to Britain than an upraising of Scotland. I think the way you describe it makes it sound like the Brits didn't even put up a good fight. I think a good way to portray it would be more of a bitter stalemate, before a sort of truce was signed. The British military isn't something easily trifled with, so I don't think they'd lose quite so easily. Perhaps if it came to a stalemate, UN intervention could allow for an end to the rebellion which favored the Highlanders, without the total defeat of either side. Also, I think it sounds a tad corny that Seamus stole Diarmaid's car. :P

Though the nationalism is a bit more directed at Sargy. I've seen the way he talks in discussion, and the way he roleplays, and both are for the sole glory of England. That isn't what I'm looking for here. I don't want this to come down to players trying to outdo each other. Conflict between characters is alright, even encouraged to some degree, but I don't want conflict between players.

Anyway, if you all have MSN, I think it would be great for us to communicate about the RP outside of the game thread, even coordinate posts and the like, so if you could, post your MSN, or get it. Mine is the same as my email, brebuga4@gmail.com (so if you have qualms about posting your email on the Internet, you can just add me and I'll pass it around to those participating).

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 12-13-2008 @ 06:28 AM).]

Gallowglass
posted 12-13-08 07:58 AM EDT (US)     11 / 73       
It was more of a blow to Britain than an upraising of Scotland. I think the way you describe it makes it sound like the Brits didn't even put up a good fight
Considering Scotland was the founding state of Britain, nationalism and unionism are the same sort of thing...

I'll change the bio and military history of my character later, I need to figure out something dramatic to say.
Anyway,

My MSN:

jamesaustin79@yahoo.co.uk

Be warned, soon I'll be re-using the original one with my untranslated first name and my clan name.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-13-2008 @ 08:03 AM).]

Sargon II
posted 12-13-08 08:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 73       
Of course, lets just work on preconceptions! *rolls eyes*

I did type a long post earlier about how utterly you were wrong, and repeated what I have said many times, but my computer turned off, so I'm using this one. To put it in a much more condensed few sentences:
he participated in many of the greatest battles including the final defeat of the exhausted British Army at Greenhithe.
I find nothing at all wrong with that.

Moreover, you really should stop thinking that I'm just a war-mongering nationalist. I'm trying to put this nicely, mind, more nicely than I would have earlier. If you want an example of how I'm like normally, with nobody baiting me ala EEH, go to BfMEIIH. They were used to Taylor there, so they knew where not to go. I'd assumed that at EEH and here, you'd all have by now understood the same.

Personally, I'm trying not to take every ironic comment about America and turn it into a jibe (and there are a LOT, trust me), but everyone else still treats me as if I were doing exactly the same. I've moved on: but nobody else has.

Now, I'll still take part in this. But first I'm going to calm down with my Welsh campaign on Kingdoms. Odd that I picked the Welsh. After all, as an Arizonian puts it "everyone hates Wales".

Also:
the sole glory of England
Fail.

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 12-13-2008 @ 10:00 AM).]

Gallowglass
posted 12-13-08 08:57 AM EDT (US)     13 / 73       
I doubt there'll be much conflict between me and Sargon, Rotaretilbo.

English nationalism doesn't bother me, really. It's Scots and Gaels that demand independence that are annoying, because whilst preaching about tradition they are forgetting history.
Gaels and the English actually have little reason to hate each other. Neither militarily conquered the other, and it was a culturally Anglicised King of Scots that actually founded the United Kingdom, despite the fact that he, like most Scots, was Gaelic ethnically.

So there probably won't be too much of a problem.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-13-2008 @ 08:57 AM).]

Sargon II
posted 12-13-08 09:04 AM EDT (US)     14 / 73       
None at all, in fact. To put it this way, I wouldn't fight for England, but I'd be more than happy to for Britain.

Name: Cai Llewellyn
Birth Place: Cardiff, Wales, Great Britain
Birth Date: 5th July, 1993.
Military Service: SRR
Bio: At the age of twenty, Cai joined the British Army, joining the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment. He served with distinction for four years, earning a MID and a Conspicuous Gallantry Cross. He then went through the rigorous selection process for the Special Reconnaissance Regiment, the then only 12-year old Close Target Reconnaissance and Counter-Terrorist Special Forces Regiment. Proving himself as a marksman and counter-terrorist operative of the highest degree, he was recruited into Grey Fox.
Primary Weapon: L86A2 LSW
Secondary Weapon: L105A2
Other Weapons: SA80A3
Also Proficient With: Every NATO standard support weapons, can also use just about any NATO firearm. Less familiar with non-NATO firearms.
Specialty: Fire Support/Suppression

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 12-13-2008 @ 10:03 AM).]

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 12-13-08 01:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 73       
Sargon: Did you read my bio?

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Rotaretilbo
posted 12-13-08 04:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 73       
Simply put, Sargy, I have seen how you interact with Americans and Aussies, and how Aussies interact with you, and until I see otherwise, I am going to base my opinion of you on what I have seen. I suppose I incorrectly assumed that you were a big fan of the English rather than the whole of Great Britain, but I still would appreciate if we don't try to outdo each other here, like became the case in HiC.

Sargon II
posted 12-14-08 10:52 AM EDT (US)     17 / 73       
Sargon: Did you read my bio?
Sure did. Thought of doing one like that myself, but eh.
Simply put, Sargy, I have seen how you interact with Americans and Aussies
ONE Aussie.

Rotaretilbo
posted 12-14-08 12:23 PM EDT (US)     18 / 73       
Well I don't have any other Aussie's to judge your behavior towards them by, so one will have to do. If you can handle yourself, then I will change my opinion. But I'll have to see it for myself first.

Sargon II
posted 12-14-08 12:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 73       
I can handle myself, all right. It's hardly me that's at fault. Want an example? Go to BfMEIIH. Nobody there obviously baits me, and I'm much, much happier there than at EEH.

And how do you think I behave towards Taylor? Personally, we talk on Skype and I like him very much.

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 12-14-2008 @ 05:34 PM).]

Gallowglass
posted 12-14-08 12:32 PM EDT (US)     20 / 73       
For the sake of moving this on, I've looked through a few threads there, and he seems to be telling the truth.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Rotaretilbo
posted 12-14-08 11:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 73       
Fair enough. Anyway, I think it's time to get this show on the road. From this post on, please post out of character discussion in a color other than black (let's all do green). For those of you new to HG BBcode, you can do this by typing c=#008000 into a set of [] and then end with /c in a set of []. I'll begin writing the first post to get the show started.

Gallowglass
posted 12-15-08 01:31 PM EDT (US)     22 / 73       

Will do, Rotaretilbo. I think I'll start the roleplay off, I've got a creative flare after listening to my girlfriend call everyone 'china.' Oh, and, by the way, green is an unlucky colour. Cue Diarmaid MacAmadan Caimbeul

A seasoned BMW on a motorway in stormy weather, with the window wipers loud, the heating as warm as possible, and the radio almost silent - a dim background music playing Faileas Air An Airigh. Diarmaid, the black-haired, blue-eyed, thirty-year-old driver is talking into a handsfree

Diarmaid:(half-serious, half-playful) Bi samhach!* I see no reason why she shouldn't. She can take care of herself, mo caraid**
Other Speaker: (more serious) True, but remember this is a veteran talking. And a veteran with an attitude problem, to top it all.
Diarmaid: (debating whether or not to take offence) Attitude problem? (he turns the radio down even further)
Other Speaker: (laughing) Anyone who decides they're gonna throw in their lot with madmen has a problem. Anyone who does it with style has an attitude problem.
Diarmaid: (coolly) Hmm. Yes. I fear we have strayed off of the topic, sir. If you're trying to screw around with me, you can...(is cut off)
Other Speaker: (merry) But, Campbell! You and I have work to be doing. The top guns have apparently realised, at last, that the storm has broken.
Diarmaid: (redirecting his bitterness to the 'top guns') Took them long enough, as always...the job?
Other Speaker: Wait...I'm asking now...

Hurry up and post the scenario. Don't keep Diarmaid waiting

* be quiet
** my friend

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Rotaretilbo
posted 12-15-08 02:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 73       
0400 Hours, July 7, 2020 (Greenwich Mean Time) \ United Nations Military Outpost, Darmstadt, Hesse, Germany

Lieutenant General Kyle Loh sat in his office in Darmstadt, where the UN had parked Gray Fox. Being a career special operator, Loh was getting on in years, but had served his fair share within the special forces. He knew the ins and outs, and that was why he had been selected to command Gray Fox. Since its conception not quite a year ago, Gray Fox had never deployed. Any and all minor conflicts that had arisen had been taken care of without bloodshed by the UN. It seemed like the UN was finally doing its job, maintaining the peace. It couldn't last, so Loh and Gray Fox were to create peace once war erupted. Of course, any and all opportunities to stop war before it had a chance to blossom were considered, and so their first mission was such a mission. Chechen rebels had been on the rise after Russia had carpet bombed the region in 2015. It was summer, meaning that the Chechen rebels didn't have to worry about the Russian government shutting off power to the region; doing so during the winter would most certainly be a death sentence, but during the summer, they would survive. With that in mind, summer was the most likely time for a rebellion in Chechnya. And it seemed like they might be preparing for such.

Intelligence from MI6 was streaming in about a stolen warhead. Apparently, the British had sent some of their more outdated nukes to be decommissioned at a British base in Georgia, right on the Russian border near Chechnya. Apparently, at 0321, just forty something minutes ago, Chechen rebels had raided this base and stolen a single British nuke, an older Red Snow warhead. The warhead was now being transported in a small convoy back to Chechnya. Loh's eyes glanced back and forth across the screen. Intelligence had yet to determine where exactly it was bound for, but satellites were tracking the convoy the whole way there. Loh picked up his telephone.

"First Lieutenant Reynolds, please contact the Gray Fox operatives. I need the in the briefing room by O five hundred. We have a mission."

"Affirmative, Lieutenant General." came a voice over the receiver. Now Loh was faced with one major decision: do they hit the convoy and retrieve the nuke now, or wait for the convoy to reach its destination and retrieve the nuke then?

Righto. It has now begun.

Sargon II
posted 12-15-08 03:28 PM EDT (US)     24 / 73       
0630 Hours, July 7, 2020 (Greenwich Mean Time) \ Cardiff, Cardiff County, Wales, Great Britain

Sun filtered through the trees of suburban Cardiff to fall patterned on the eyelids of Cai Llewellyn. It was very peaceful. Fresh Welsh air blew through the window, tainted only slightly by the city outside. Birds sang sweetly, the notes reverberating off the street below. However, it was the phone that woke Cai. At the sound of an annoying buzz and a shrill ring, his eyes jerked open. He yawned, stretched, reached out for the cordless phone, sleepily pressed the answer button.

"Hello?" he said, rubbing his eyes and short, tousled black hair.
"Is this Sergeant Cai Llewellyn, of the SRR?"
"Who is calling?" he inquired, shaking his sleep-befuddled head.
"Is that Sergeant Llewellyn?"
"Yes." He was beginning to get irritated. It took only three words to wake him up completely.
"This is MI6." The short sentence threw him completely.
"MI6? Er...-"
"You will report to Hereford asap. A driver is waiting to take you there outside. Codeword: Green Robin."
"Wha-" Cai started.
"Click... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz." The phone reported.

Cai shook his head again, pulled a shirt on and snuck a glance out of his window. Sure enough, there was a brand-new Rolls-Royce Wraith standing outside, engine silent. It was obvious that this was his lift: nobody in this street could have afforded that, which made Cai furrow his brow disapprovingly. The very fact that nobody could have owned it here made it the most conspicuous thing they could have done short of sending an FV 4607 Crossfire tank. He sighed. What on earth was it that was so urgent?

Would somebody remind me why Britain not only has a base capable of decommissioning a nuke in Georgia of all place, but actually sent their nukes across Europe to decom them?

[This message has been edited by Sargon II (edited 01-23-2009 @ 05:01 PM).]

Gallowglass
posted 12-15-08 03:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 73       
Well, America destroyed a village so they could build a new runway for their airfield in northern Greenland. Countries do a lot of crazy shizzle

A modest-sized, minimalist Inverness penthouse with ogham script decorations and two walls of glass. Diarmaid is cracking lobsters when the phone intrudes on his evening. Finishing his mouthful, sipping his drink, and folding up his Gaelic dating magazine (this is my vision of a perfect world ), he goes to answer it

Diarmaid: Ciamar a tha thu? How are you?
Loh: Glè mhath. Tha mi sgith, ach glè mhath. Very good. I am tired, but very good.
Diarmaid: (grinning) Tha tì fuar agam. I have a cold tea
Loh: Inntinneach...am bheil an tì glan? Interesting...is the tea nice?
Diarmaid: Tha. Is urrainn dhomh Beurla a bhruidhinn. Yes. I can speak in English.
Loh: De? What?
Diarmaid: Your accent is poor. You pronounced almost every word wrong.
Loh: Excuse me, then. Just trying to relate to my staff.
Diarmaid: I wasn't so long ago that Seamus said the same thing...
Loh: Now, listen. I'm not trying to deceive you. And to prove it, we have a job. It turns out the British government 'lost' a few nuclear missiles to Caucasian rebels. Chechen, to be precise.
Diarmaid: Which British government?
Loh: Does it matter?
Diarmaid: No. Continue.
Loh: These older nukes, Red Snow, were going to be destroyed in George, near the Russian border...
Diarmaid: Chechnyan.
Loh: Same difference. Anyway, our satellites are tracking them now. MI6, or what's left of it, Diarmaid, has gone into overdrive about this. Cailean has refused to ally himself with the rebels, and Seamus has made no comment.
Diarmaid: For once they know how to run a country...or four.
Loh: Correct. For once. Now, bloody hell, listen! A car just went to collect a few of your colleagues. I'll send one out to you shortly. You'd best get your gear...no plans have been made, yet, but our boys are working on it. We have two options at the moment. I know which one you'll prefer, but it's not up to you.
Diarmaid: I gathered. But who did lose the missile? Seamus?

*static*

Reminds me of the Sopranos. Not that I've seen that, it just seems similar. Lol, if anyone hasn't realised, Seamus is meant to be me

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-15-2008 @ 04:10 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames