You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.606 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » The Two Swords Inn - Enjoy a pint and be merry
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Two Swords Inn - Enjoy a pint and be merry
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25  Next Page »
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 11-21-08 00:46 AM EDT (US)         
The Two Swords Inn
Official Inn of Empires Heaven

A Place to Gather With Good Friends to Enjoy a Pint and Bit of Conversation.
Enter and be Merry.

Above portion of topic post shamelessly stolen from the original Two Swords Inn.

The last Two Swords Inn, which took 3 and 1/4 years to complete, was nearly archived before completion. In a last ditch effort to get some closure before the heaven... closed, Rotaretilbo and I spent a whole night posting back and forth to reach the magical number 2500 posts. Heres to hoping that that type of effort is not required again, and that this heaven shall prosper.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 11-21-2008 @ 06:55 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 05-01-09 03:43 PM EDT (US)     551 / 606       
*is tempted to start singing again*

Doctor FoO
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 05-02-09 03:42 PM EDT (US)     552 / 606       
@Blatant: Even iof you are shy, if it's a subject you feel strongly about, go for it. I find debating helps me to think quicker on my feet, and I can form sentences more logically/coherently. Wish it carried over to mafia though.

*starts singing with FoO*

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-04-09 06:35 PM EDT (US)     553 / 606       
http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&fn=50

Go go go

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 05-04-09 09:59 PM EDT (US)     554 / 606       
YAYITSUP!

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 05-05-09 04:44 AM EDT (US)     555 / 606       
Calendar's up.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Catabre
posted 05-05-09 06:35 PM EDT (US)     556 / 606       
How long has it been in the works?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-05-09 08:41 PM EDT (US)     557 / 606       
Some time.

jocamar
posted 05-06-09 10:12 AM EDT (US)     558 / 606       
Whats with all these internet role playing games? I don't even know how they are played.
Catabre
posted 05-06-09 11:22 AM EDT (US)     559 / 606       
Where did your inspiration come from?

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-06-09 08:08 PM EDT (US)     560 / 606       
Its an idea that has been bounced around every couple months for the last year or two, actually. This last attempt to make it happen was just the first successful one. Also, the person who brought it up this time was Stormraider and Blatant was the one who actually formally submitted it to the higher ups (though they of course were in on the discussion where it got overwhelming approval from staff).

Catabre
posted 05-07-09 04:25 PM EDT (US)     561 / 606       
I wouldn't foesee any negative reaction to the idea, but that's probably my naivete talking.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-07-09 06:45 PM EDT (US)     562 / 606       
Ask for enough opinions and you'll find people who oppose anything and if they do it loudly enough, it can cause problems. Hell, you should poll people in your school if we should re-institute slavery and you'll probably get people who say yes.

Catabre
posted 05-07-09 07:39 PM EDT (US)     563 / 606       
It was actually slavery of women they tried to get reinstituted, not blacks. Male superiority is an easier ideaology to ascribe to than racial superiority. Maybe because it makes more sense.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-07-09 09:19 PM EDT (US)     564 / 606       
I didn't say Racial Slavery. I said Slavery.

Catabre
posted 05-08-09 08:30 AM EDT (US)     565 / 606       
Forgive me. Here in the South, when someone says slavery, racial slavery is the first thing that comes to mind to many people. It is the cultural 'elephant in the room'.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-08-09 09:55 AM EDT (US)     566 / 606       
Its no problem. Most people think of that when they think of slavery too, when there was actually slavery much longer in places like Africa where it had nothing to do with race and the slaves were still actually considered people.

jocamar
posted 05-08-09 12:42 PM EDT (US)     567 / 606       
I live in the first european country to abolish slavery, and here we are very proud of that. However I wish we had had a more modern approach as to leaving our colonies.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-08-09 03:13 PM EDT (US)     568 / 606       
However I wish we had had a more modern approach as to leaving our colonies.
The modern approach of making them almost entirely economically dependent on the one-time Mother Country really isn't all that great, though better than complete political dominance. What country are you speaking of, by the way?

Catabre
posted 05-12-09 05:44 PM EDT (US)     569 / 606       
Netherlands?

jocamar
posted 05-13-09 11:04 AM EDT (US)     570 / 606       
Portugal. We had our colonies until 1974 when all countries already had abandoned them and we were stuck in a guerrilla warfare on several fronts against the independence movements. It was sorta like the Vietnam war.

It finally ended when a revolution overthrew our old government (a dictatorship) and gave the colonies their independence, but now they can't even hold on their own and are ruled by dictators and tyrants.
Catabre
posted 05-13-09 12:29 PM EDT (US)     571 / 606       
What were your colonies?

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-13-09 06:59 PM EDT (US)     572 / 606       
Portugal had the Southern American colonies, notably Argentina. I'm assuming the ones he's talking about are smaller and in the general area, because I believe Argentina has a fairly secure government and has since at least the end of WW2, when it was accepting Nazis running from the Nuremburg Trials.

Catabre
posted 05-14-09 01:27 PM EDT (US)     573 / 606       
Your thinking Brazil.

jocamar
posted 05-14-09 03:13 PM EDT (US)     574 / 606       
Hum no. Portugal had Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, East-Timor and some colonies in India and Macau. The Indian colonies were conquered in the 50's and the other colonies became independent in 1975 marking the end of the Portuguese empire. Macau belonged to Portugal until 1999 when it was "given" to china.

Brazil was a Portuguese colony but gained its independence in the 19th century (curiously the prince who incited the rebellion would later become a Portuguese king).

[This message has been edited by jocamar (edited 05-14-2009 @ 03:14 PM).]

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 05-14-09 06:32 PM EDT (US)     575 / 606       
Bah, fail. I always get the colonizers of Argentina and Brazil mixed up. Argentina did accept Nazis into their country after WW2 ended, though.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames