You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.606 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » The Two Swords Inn - Enjoy a pint and be merry
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Two Swords Inn - Enjoy a pint and be merry
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 25  Next Page »
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 11-21-08 00:46 AM EDT (US)         
The Two Swords Inn
Official Inn of Empires Heaven

A Place to Gather With Good Friends to Enjoy a Pint and Bit of Conversation.
Enter and be Merry.

Above portion of topic post shamelessly stolen from the original Two Swords Inn.

The last Two Swords Inn, which took 3 and 1/4 years to complete, was nearly archived before completion. In a last ditch effort to get some closure before the heaven... closed, Rotaretilbo and I spent a whole night posting back and forth to reach the magical number 2500 posts. Heres to hoping that that type of effort is not required again, and that this heaven shall prosper.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 11-21-2008 @ 06:55 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 12-12-08 07:12 PM EDT (US)     226 / 606       
Theres just something about beach parties and Scotland that doesn't sound right.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 12-12-08 08:25 PM EDT (US)     227 / 606       
For the numerous times you've made me feel awful, and i've apologised loads, and then after 5 mins of silent treatment I get 'You know i'm only joking ?'

****! ******* ****! !!!!
Which is my usual reply to that!
You'd think you'd have learned by now.
Like anyone bar you is going to get invited to a beach party on these forums.
*slaps Banned*

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Mapppp
(id: Jimmy2)
posted 12-12-08 10:25 PM EDT (US)     228 / 606       
Beach parties? PSSH. Camping is where it's at.

Of course, I'm only saying this to cover up the immense wound in my ego caused by ABU's statement, as I have never gone to a beach party before, even though I live fairly near a beach. Actually, I did go to a beach party once, but it was pretty mellow. We really just sat around and made a fire and played football in the dark until someone threw the ball in the lake and it floated away.

◓◓◓◓◓
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-13-08 03:21 AM EDT (US)     229 / 606       
I'd try to promote the awesomeness of wasteland parties, but they really suck, so ya. In Arizona, we party inside, like decent civilized people. :P (but then, that's probably because it's like half a million degrees outside during the summer)

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 12-13-08 03:46 AM EDT (US)     230 / 606       
Actually, I did go to a beach party once, but it was pretty mellow. We really just sat around and made a fire and played football in the dark until someone threw the ball in the lake and it floated away.
Thats fun too, but we'd normally play either Capture the Flag or Ultimate Frisbee rather than football.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Gallowglass
posted 12-13-08 04:44 AM EDT (US)     231 / 606       
The Gulfstream, Banned. It's warm up here. On the western side, at least.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Sargon II
posted 12-13-08 07:59 AM EDT (US)     232 / 606       
The Gulfstream, Banned. It's warm up here. On the western side, at least.
Exactly. There are palm trees in Cornwall.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
Rotaretilbo
posted 12-13-08 03:54 PM EDT (US)     233 / 606       
None of you know the meaning of "warm".

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 12-13-08 05:52 PM EDT (US)     234 / 606       
Rot is sooo right. I dread the return of the Summer...

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
A Banned User
posted 12-13-08 06:09 PM EDT (US)     235 / 606       
'Summer'? 'Warm'? What are these words I have never experienced in Northen England?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
Gallowglass
posted 12-13-08 06:27 PM EDT (US)     236 / 606       
Cornwall should be in that list of things that aren't in northern England.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Nacht Jaeger
(id: RCM7525)
posted 12-13-08 07:25 PM EDT (US)     237 / 606       
None of you know the meaning of "warm".
I know what warm means. It means somewhere between 85 and 100 degrees F. Hot is 100 to 115 or more

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
Mapppp
(id: Jimmy2)
posted 12-13-08 08:09 PM EDT (US)     238 / 606       
Here on Lake Erie, one day it'll be 65 degrees, and the next day it'll be hailing! No exaggeration.

◓◓◓◓◓
Nacht Jaeger
(id: RCM7525)
posted 12-13-08 09:33 PM EDT (US)     239 / 606       
Is 65 warm for you?

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 12-13-08 09:58 PM EDT (US)     240 / 606       
For me, not sure if Rot feels the same, warm is 100 to 115.

|
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 12-13-08 11:26 PM EDT (US)     241 / 606       
For me 70 degrees is warm. 69 is freezing and 71 melting.

Rotaretilbo
posted 12-14-08 01:19 AM EDT (US)     242 / 606       
I think it gets warm right around 95 to 110, and then hot from 110 to 130. Anything below 75 is way too cold. I personally prefer the temperature of 85, with a slight breeze. My sister's a beast though. She doesn't break a sweat until about 140. She can sit in a car with no AC and all the windows up on a hot summer day and be perfectly comfortable. Not even I can do that...

A Banned User
posted 12-14-08 06:43 AM EDT (US)     243 / 606       
Cornwall should be in that list of things that aren't in northern England.
It is. Due to the fact that Cornwall isn't in Northen England.

The Brit
(id: EmpireMaster)
posted 12-14-08 11:48 AM EDT (US)     244 / 606       
It isn't? I've been lied to all this time.

Who Dares Wins - SAS Motto.
My LOTR Saga Thread(Currently In Production)
My Scens: The SASo0-0o Hold The City
Sargon II
posted 12-14-08 12:28 PM EDT (US)     245 / 606       
According to Google, 86 fahrenheit is 30 in celsius. Wait a sec... Also according to Google, 75 fahrenheit is 23 celsius. How the hell Rot finds 23 degrees cold I cannot fathom. Anything nearing 27 degrees is hot.

Sails has it about right, though.
For me, not sure if Rot feels the same, warm is 100 to 115.
*Walks away muttering about crazy-arse fools*

Maegereg
posted 12-14-08 01:51 PM EDT (US)     246 / 606       
While I don't experience the extreme highs and lows of some of you, I happen to live in a part of the world (the American midwest) that experiences a high variance in temperature. So for me, less than 25 is cold and more than 80 is warm.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 12-14-08 02:43 PM EDT (US)     247 / 606       
Yea, I prefer the temperature where I am. Our recorded temperatures. It should be noted, though, that those normal highs and lows are normally only for about 10 minutes. Because we are so close to the ocean, in the morning its very cold with fog but then ten minutes after it clears up it gets really hot and then normals out.

Gallowglass
posted 12-14-08 03:47 PM EDT (US)     248 / 606       
I don't get cold. I can swim naked from Carloway to Cornwall. I just haven't tried it.

And, frankly, I wouldn't want to

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-14-2008 @ 03:47 PM).]

Sargon II
posted 12-14-08 05:27 PM EDT (US)     249 / 606       
I swam in the Thames!

Don't. SERIOUSLY.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 12-14-08 06:06 PM EDT (US)     250 / 606       
Yea, the Thames is pretty nasty. That would not be fun to swim in. Although, I have spent time in worse water before. At one Sabot Nationals (national tournament for the type of boat I was sailing then) it was in this nasty lake that even the locals said you wouldn't even want to touch. I, however, had to urinate very badly and had only about two minutes before the next race started. So I hopped in and felt disgusting for the rest of the day, with the locals telling me I was likely going to die from contact with the water.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 25  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames