Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Counters that count up
Bottom
Topic Subject:Counters that count up
CptIronMike
posted 04-26-09 07:29 PM EDT (US)         
Is it possible to make an in-game counter that counts upwards? I tried making a counter without checking the countdown box but it just stays at zero...

Basically what I need is a counter that will tell you how long you have managed to hold a certain section of town (or, if anyone knows a way to make it so that a chat message is sent every x number of seconds telling you what wave you're on that would work too.) - any help would be appreciated. :-)

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

"Yeah, we get it, but we don't really, like, get it."
AuthorReplies:
YaRiTe
posted 06-01-09 10:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Hank did a In-Game Counter Example Tutorial, but it counts down. So....
Aera0

OBJECT:
Object Specification > Dynamic 1 min. to 99 max > Player X check "In Area0"
Same with any other Players

EFFECT:
Effect > Trigger0 > On
Effect > Trigger1 > Off
Effect > Trigger1 > On
Effect > Trigger2 > On
Effect > Media > Send-Chat Message > Player X > ???

You can go up to 999.0 game seconds on a trigger. Not sure how often you wanna send a chat, but, you can make a chat up for the times you want the message to be sent. Lets say 0.00 Send-Chat ... 200.00 Send-Chat ... 400.00 Send-Chat ... 600.00 Send-Chat ... 800.00 Send-Chat and should you need more you can place 999.00 Effect > Trigger1 > On at the end of the trigger and make another trigger1 (state off) and do the same as above.

TRIGGER:

Trigger0 ON
IF: Player X
THEN: 0.00 Effect > Trigger2 > On
0.00 Send Chat > Player X
200.00 Send-Chat > Player X
400.00 Send-Chat > Player X
600.00 Send-Chat > Player X
800.00 Send-Chat > Player X
999.00 Effect > Trigger1 > On

Trigger1 OFF
IF: Player X
THEN: 0.00 Send Chat > Player X
200.00 Send-Chat > Player X
400.00 Send-Chat > Player X
600.00 Send-Chat > Player X
800.00 Send-Chat > Player X

It seems that there is a chance that Player X might not hold the area in the town so you'll need another trigger for that which trigger0 can turn On, which it wont fire until Player X leave the area...

Trigger2 OFF
IF: check (NOT) Player X
THEN: Effect > Trigger0 > On
Effect > Trigger1 > Off

Because trigger0 has fired and trigger1 might not, just make sure you turn on trigger0 before turning off trigger1. It's a way of looping the triggers without checking the loop. Now you'll be covered if Player X regains and controls the area again. It's alot of effects if you have more than one player your sending chat to.

Matthew 5:11
jocamar
posted 06-02-09 06:26 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I made a counter that counts up. Its very simple, I think you can't check the countdown box, and you put 9999999 on the time. I made it in my defend the city scenario. You can download it and see it for yourself.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames