You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Artillery Barrage Question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Artillery Barrage Question
CptIronMike
posted 03-29-09 08:52 AM EDT (US)         
I was trying to make it so that during one of my cinematics, an artillery barrage, like the one that a ranger can call in, comes down on a bridge. I have tried to make this event occur as a calamity, but nothing is happening. I checked the triggers and everything but the effect doesn't do anything as far as I can tell.

Is there any way that I can make a barrage at all? Or am I screwing something up...
Thanks.

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

"Yeah, we get it, but we don't really, like, get it."
AuthorReplies:
jocamar
posted 03-29-09 12:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
You can always put a lot of invisible big berthas firing from afar and make a trigger to destroy the bridge.
CptIronMike
posted 03-31-09 03:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Let me rephrase my question:

"Is there any way to make a "ranger-style" artillery barrage using triggers?"

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

jocamar
posted 04-01-09 10:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
You can try to task the object (rangers) to use the barrage ability on the bridge.

EDIT: if you don't want the rangers to appear simply make them invisible or very tiny.

[This message has been edited by jocamar (edited 04-01-2009 @ 10:27 AM).]

Hank
Stainless Steel Studios
posted 04-01-09 11:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Yep, don't think you can use the special effect simply via trigger. Jocamar has it right, you'll need an invisible Ranger on map that can call one in. That *should* do the trick.
CptIronMike
posted 04-02-09 06:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Problem solved. I went with solution 1 - made some small french "Artilerie" hit the bridge at the right time. The Ranger thing should work though. Thanks

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames