You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.27 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » New Campaign In Progress: "Zhukov and the Fight for the Motherland"
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Campaign In Progress: "Zhukov and the Fight for the Motherland"
CptIronMike
posted 02-25-09 12:28 PM EDT (US)         
June 22, 1941:
"Germany has broken its word, and Mother Russia is under assault. Within months, Nazi forces decimate the Red army, already wracked by Stalin's purges, and march on the capital of Moscow. It's up to you, comrade, to turn the tide of the war, and take the fight to Hitler himself."
Since I haven't seen very many quality scenarios telling the tale of WW2 from any civilization's viewpoint other than the US, I've decide to make my own campaign, complete - hopefully - with voice-over narration, quality cinematics, some custom sounds, and an intriguing backstory. The campaign is tenatively titled "Zhukov and the fight for Mother Russia," and focuses on the WW2 achievements of Georgy Zhukov, a skilled Russian general.

UPDATE: Campaign name has been changed to "For the Motherland!" which I think sounds probably 103% more cool...

I'll try to update the progress here and I should have play-testing information for the individual scenarios posted soon. Wish me luck!

Scenario 1 is finished!
Progress Breakdown - Scenario #2:

Map Design: 85%
Trigger Work: 90%
Misc (Loading Screens, etc.): 10%
Playtesting: 45%

PS: Feel free to ask questions or give suggestions - I'm all ears. :-)

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

"Yeah, we get it, but we don't really, like, get it."

[This message has been edited by CptIronMike (edited 05-28-2009 @ 03:40 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Talknight2
posted 02-25-09 02:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 27       
Yay.
Another project for Empires Heaven. And such a good subject, too.
If I can get it to work (only if it's retail version) I'll playtest.

BTW, "Georgy Zhukov, a Russian commander" will be more realistic as "Georgy Zhukov, a top Russian general."

Administrator of the Empire Creations design team.
Check out our website: www.freewebs.com/empirecreationsteam/
We're looking for fresh talent. If you can design, join us and prosper!

[This message has been edited by Talknight2 (edited 02-25-2009 @ 02:55 PM).]

jocamar
posted 02-25-09 04:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 27       
How about a campaign featuring the Bielski Brigade. If anyone has seen the movie Defiance you'll know that its a good theme. For those who dont know the Bielski Brigade was group of resistance fighters formed by jews which hided in the forests and created their own communities while assaulting the german villges. At a time their number reached the 1000.
CptIronMike
posted 02-25-09 04:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 27       
Point taken, Talknight...I'll make the change.

@Jocomar - that's an excellent idea for a bonus mission! I will do some digging and see what I can find on the subject. Thanks for the suggestion.
jocamar
posted 02-25-09 07:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 27       
CptIronMike
posted 02-28-09 12:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 27       
Scenario #1 is now ready for playtesting!

Playtesters, please sign up on this thread:
(Note: I only want three, so first come, first serve)

...and if someone could enlighten me so as to explain what the standard procedure for distributing a scenario for playtesting to playtesters would be, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Talknight2
posted 02-28-09 03:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 27       
Is this on the retail version?

Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 02-28-09 07:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 27       
I'll playtest. You can just email me the scenario at brebuga4@gmail.com

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
CptIronMike
posted 02-28-09 08:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27       
Talknight: If by retail version you mean the kind that you can buy from the store, than yes, this is on retail version.

Rotaretbilbo (or any1 else for that matter), how would I send you a scenario. Do I compress the files and attach it to an email? If so, how does one compress files? I'm kind of a noob when it comes to such matters...

[This message has been edited by CptIronMike (edited 02-28-2009 @ 08:25 PM).]

jocamar
posted 03-01-09 07:08 AM EDT (US)     9 / 27       
I'll playtest. Send me your scenario to joca-mar2006@hotmail.com.

To compress maybe use winrar
CptIronMike
posted 03-01-09 07:21 AM EDT (US)     10 / 27       
How would I get winrar? Is it downloadable? where would I download it from?

UPDATE: Figured out how to compress files, will begin distribution immediately

[This message has been edited by CptIronMike (edited 03-01-2009 @ 03:48 PM).]

Talknight2
posted 03-01-09 10:10 AM EDT (US)     11 / 27       
Well if it's retail it should work on my copy. I'll playtest.

CptIronMike
posted 03-01-09 05:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 27       
I have sent the scenario to all you playtesters. Please read the email and confirm you have received the scenario, either by posting here or sending an email back. Thanks!

EDIT: I will need one more playtester (Tal's experiencing technical issues). Volunteers?

[This message has been edited by CptIronMike (edited 03-02-2009 @ 03:20 PM).]

jocamar
posted 03-03-09 04:58 AM EDT (US)     13 / 27       
I have it.

BTW, I've updated my scenario thread with images.

[This message has been edited by jocamar (edited 03-03-2009 @ 06:22 PM).]

CptIronMike
posted 03-13-09 05:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27       
Alright then, I will no longer be accepting any more playtesters. Roto and Jocamar, please email me when you've finished. Thanks.
coolkidx
posted 03-15-09 05:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27       
HI GUYS!

Back form the death, though no-one noticed probably rofl.

Anyways, sounds good.

If I look now at the download central its dead as hell, we need some good ass scns.
CptIronMike
posted 03-22-09 07:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27       
PROGRESS UPDATE: Scenario #1 is practically finished (finishing up last round of playtesting as we speak), but do to a change in campaign structure, it will actually be the 3rd scenario in the order of the campaign itself...

Anyways, I will now be moving on to scenario #2 which will actually be scenario #1 in the correct order.... :-)

Also I was wondering if anyone can do some good Russian voice-overs for me because I won't have a microphone for a while and I don't exactly have a convincing Russian accent. If no one wants to do it, I'll eventually find out a way to, but it won't be for at least four months.

EDIT: PLEASE feel free to ask ANY questions about the campaign. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by CptIronMike (edited 03-22-2009 @ 07:56 PM).]

Rotaretilbo
posted 03-22-09 08:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27       
I could probably manage. I could even do it in Russian, if you'd like.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-22-09 08:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27       
You know Russian? I thought you only knew German...

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Rotaretilbo
posted 03-22-09 11:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 27       
I'm taking Russian in college. I figured I had gotten German down as well as I could with regular classes. After Russian, I want to learn Italian.

CptIronMike
posted 03-23-09 06:48 AM EDT (US)     20 / 27       
I'll take you up on that offer, Rot, if you don't mind. I'll e-mail you the text sometime today or tomorrow and if you could email me back the sound files, that would be awesome. Thanks a TON!

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

CptIronMike
posted 04-22-09 03:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 27       
Ok hit a slight problem with map design (I think I made it a little too small) so I'm trying to work the story around that. This might cause a significant delay but don't worry - I have not abandoned the campaign!!!!!!!

CptIronMike
posted 05-26-09 04:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 27       
I have picked out the soundtrack for the game's custom music. Does 5-7 songs sound good or should there be more?

jocamar
posted 05-27-09 03:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 27       
5-7 sound good. Frankly, I'm kind of indifferent. For me the regular game music would do
CptIronMike
posted 05-28-09 06:35 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27       
I have now resolved the issue of the map being too small (actually it worked out better that way...) and the campaign is now continuing full steam ahead! Btw, scenario #2 is almost ready for play-testing. Volunteers?

jocamar
posted 05-29-09 02:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 27       
I can test it, since my classes are nearly finishing (finally, another year as passed )
CptIronMike
posted 06-03-09 11:10 AM EDT (US)     26 / 27       
ok. Is that email you gave me a while ago still good (see above)?

PS: are we the only one's here? where is everybody?! 8-|

jocamar
posted 06-04-09 06:13 AM EDT (US)     27 / 27       
Yes it is still the same. And I think there might be some more persons but they don't post.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames