You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » With a heavy heart I announce the death of one we all love
Bottom
Topic Subject:With a heavy heart I announce the death of one we all love
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-21-09 02:02 AM EDT (US)         
No, no forummers have died. Forums, however, have. EH, as I'm sure you'll all know, is awesome. Or was, at the very least. It was great before it was archived and it seemed like that greatness could continue after it was reopened. And indeed it did, for a while.

While I stand by the decision a few months ago to reopen Empires Heaven, I acknowledge that it no longer has any significant activity or even purpose. It did originally, and because of that I think it was certainly worth reopening. That time is long gone and now Empires Heaven is ready to close once again. To squash any potential rumors in their tracks, no I'm not being forced into this decision and no it wasn't decided without me. In fact, I'm the one who suggested it. This heaven is a ghost, almost a mockery of the greatness of what it once was. It deserves to rest. You may all say farewell to the beloved (though of course you don't have to if it didn't really mean much to you; don't make a mockery of it). It should be easier this time, with experience of saying goodbye to EH and the knowledge that we'll all continue to see eachother. Last time, we knew we'd never talk to many of the forummers again. So farewell Empires Heaven and may you rest in piece and in the hearts of every forummer to have ever seen your beauty.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-21-09 02:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
The Risk thread and DnD thread will most probably be moved to Empire Earth Heaven community forum. I suggest you just remake the mafia thread over there, Arvy. Its just in signups so it should be no big deal to just remake the thread.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-21-09 02:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
At the moment there is no set time that this is going to be closed. The forums, at least, will likely be archived in about a week, time for people to catch the news and say goodbye if they wish. The rest of the site will be archived piece by piece I suppose.

And to anybody who's wondering, you can still download from an archived heaven, view the threads, and see all the content. You won't be able to navigate to it from the rest of HG, but if you just type empires.heavengames.com it'll bring you to the main page and you can browse and weep at your heart's content.

Peter Fallon
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 10-21-09 03:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
I've always been wondering - is this heaven Canadian?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 10-21-09 03:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
You mean to say I kidnapped Zen for nothing!?

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Azur
Devil's Advocate
(id: Azur_Fire)
posted 10-21-09 11:27 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Awwwwwwwww
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-21-09 01:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
What the hell Xyziothe?

Peter Fallon
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 10-21-09 02:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
"EH"

You have no sense of humor.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-21-09 05:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
Actually I have a great sense of humor. I'm just used to more mean-spirited Canadian jokes and thought you were insulting EH. I didn't get the "eh" connection because I've always pronounced it "Eee-Aitch."

Zombie Gaddafi
Eater of no hats
(id: NeverPlayedHalo3)
posted 10-21-09 06:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
Play nice boys.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 10-21-09 08:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Quite depressing.
I suggest you just remake the mafia thread over there, Arvy. Its just in signups so it should be no big deal to just remake the thread.
Will do. We can have three mafias going on over there at once, I suppose.
You mean to say I kidnapped Zen for nothing!?
Practice for next time!

Well, EH, it was a pleasure to know you. I suppose this was bound to come eventually. I just wish it wasn't so. I'll miss you, little though I knew you. Farewell, and may thy Archives never be lost.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 10-22-09 06:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
I only really came here for mafia and because Sails was in charge, but I enjoyed my time here. I'll miss this heaven, inactive though it was. Goodbye, Empires Heaven.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
vampiric canniba
posted 10-23-09 03:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Archived twice? Thats sad. And mean. Who would do such a thing? I shall go on a quest to OD, and there slay Zen or else go back to TWH.

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
CptIronMike
posted 10-24-09 12:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
I regret that the forum is closing, but perhaps it is for the best. My campaign remains uncompleted, mostly do to software failures on my pc. This has been fun participating in, and I wish everyone the best of luck in the future.

It is finished.

Mike.

And ps the US was the best team in the game, no question about it. :-)
It was fun. Goodbye...

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

"Yeah, we get it, but we don't really, like, get it."
Nacht Jaeger
(id: RCM7525)
posted 10-26-09 03:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
Farewell EH....

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-26-09 04:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
While this certainly didn't carry that the first archival's farewell thread did, people who actually cared got the news. EH will now be archived.

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 10-26-09 07:50 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
Goodbye Empires Heaven, for the last time.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames