Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » E3 2009
Bottom
Topic Subject:E3 2009
jocamar
posted 06-02-09 06:28 AM EDT (US)         
So, have you heard anything from it? The new system announced by Microsoft seems to be a very large leep forward in videogame technology.
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 06-02-09 10:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
They announced a new console or do you mean Windows 7? If you mean Windows 7, its already been in beta for about a month. I haven't watched any of E3 yet, though I really wish I had been able to go. Its too bad its basically closed to the public now.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
jocamar
posted 06-02-09 06:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I don't think its closed to the public. They are reverting to the old E3 more this year. And both microsoft and sony announced new motion capture systems.

Microsoft announced NATAL. A new accessory that allows you to play games without a controller. A bit like the eye toy, but more precise and in 3d. It detects your whole body, recognizes your face and your voice and allows for some cool stuff.

Sony basically announced its version of the wii controller, also much more precise and can detect your position in 3d. They showed how it worked, and how you could control swords shields and even on rts's with amazing precision because it detected your position in 3d and with pinpoint accuracy.

[This message has been edited by jocamar (edited 06-02-2009 @ 06:06 PM).]

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 06-02-09 07:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Personally, I was really impressed with Natal. If Microsoft can pull it off, Nintendo's little Wii thingie is done for (oh, and let's get to fix to the RROD, please?). I'd rather play without a controller with better graphics than with a controller on poor graphics, personally. FPS games should get immensely more fun.

As for Sony, blah. It's another stick - who cares? Though their PSP Go! looked nice. If Apple really wants to make the iPod Touch a handheld gaming machine, they have good competition.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-02-09 08:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Isn't there also a system coming out where you can play both PC and console games on the same system? That looked pretty cool.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames