Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » BO's and strats
Bottom
Topic Subject:BO's and strats
jocamar
posted 03-29-09 12:31 PM EDT (US)         
Has anyone got any. I'm kind of a noob in terms of these types of games. I usually tend to play games more focused on combat like command and conquer and battle for middle earth, but when it come to empire builder games I always tend to have a weak economy. And when I see that my oponent has like 90 villagers I help but to think how can he have spent so much money on economy and still have such a large army. Also how can you multitask that much.

Some tips would be appreciated as when I log on the the servers and try to play people end up calling me a nub.

Cheers
AuthorReplies:
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-29-09 01:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Are you playing the computer or people? What age is it?
Also how can you multitask that much
That mostly comes with practice. You'll learn to quickly look back at your econ while your armies are moving and at other times when your observation isn't really required and you'll get better at multitasking.
CptIronMike
posted 03-29-09 02:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
...and when I see that my oponent has like 90 villagers I help but to think how can he have spent so much money on economy and still have such a large army.
Say that you spend 50 food to make 1 citizen and it takes 10 seconds for that villager to gather 10 food and return it to the settlement you make.

10 seconds = 10 food
20=20
30=30
40=40
50=50

When you gather 50 food, if you reinvest it immediatedly back into your economy, your food productions DOUBLES, or it takes half as long to have enough food to make another investment:

10 sec. = 20 food
20 sec. = 40 food
30 sec = 60 food - 50 to make a new citizen leaves 10 extra food.

What can you do with that 10 extra food? Put it towards building infantry, tanks, or more peasants to increase gathering rates.

If you continue this 'feedback' process of constantly reinvesting your 'returns,' your economy will experience EXPONENTIAL GROWTH to such an extent that you'll eventually have so many resources you won't know what to spend them on. For this to occur, follow these rules:

1-Reinvest resources back into the economy: wood = settlements, gold = upgrades for gathering, food = gatherers, stone = towers to defend settlements, etc.
2-NEVER STOP MAKING PEASANTS!!!!! This will keeps the cycle above going. Just queue up four or five at a time and use rally points to send them to resources.

This is know as a boom strategy, and the longer the game lasts, the more it will tip the balance of the game in your favor. Coupled with strong military tactics, this will make you unstoppable - unless of course you get rushed, which is why you should tower up and play with an ally.

Finally, I hope this doesn't count as advertising but I would strongly recommend buying the Bradygames strategy guide for empires - it is EXTREMELY helpful.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

"Yeah, we get it, but we don't really, like, get it."
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-29-09 07:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Yea, CptIronMike has the idea. You just have to spend some of the resources you acquire into your economy and it grows more. When you get pretty good, by about 20 minutes game time you should be able to have 4 or 5 barracks or stables constantly producing units (for pre WW).

When I used to play all the time, I'd have a nice rush (which I can no longer do with any of my civilizations, as I discovered by running the game today) and by 20 minutes gametime, I'd have at least 8 barracks and/or stables and/or temples and the such churning out units. It is sometimes more or sometimes less depending on how much fighting is going on and how many civs were killed in rushes and the such.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames