Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Hosting
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hosting
Bismarck0000
posted 01-08-07 02:43 AM EDT (US)         
Hello all. I am new to the forum, though I have played EDMW for many years.
I wanted to ask why I might not be able to host. I am on a cable connection, I have a linksys router (though on wireless) but even my hardlined computer cannot host. I try to host but nobody can join. I also do not have a firewall up. What might my problem be?
AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 01-08-07 04:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Routers have a firewall built into them. I don't know exactly how, but with my router I have to go into the settings and DMZ it, which essentially bypasses the firewall. You can also port forward, but I don't know which ports need to be forwarded in order to host EDMW

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 01-09-07 11:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Yes and you can add Empires: DMW into the exceptions in your firewall. About the port forwarding, the ports you need opened should be in the readme.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 01-09-07 04:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
The problem with router firewalls is that I don't know how to access the exceptions list. Windows Firewall is easy to bypass, but my router isn't so easy. I'll look in the readme for the port that opens EDMW MP.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
ESFB_MAN
posted 01-15-07 05:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Yea TY ive wanted to know too. now I know. =)

[This message has been edited by ESFB_MAN (edited 01-15-2007 @ 05:45 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames