Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » dbobjects.dat
Bottom
Topic Subject:dbobjects.dat
purebreed
posted 11-12-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)         
Is this thing encrypted? Or encoded? I can't edit it with notepad. I've tried hex and binary editors. And calanor's ETweak program won't work for me (it keeps generating errors and closing down). So can anyone help out?
AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 11-12-06 03:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I'll tell CS to come post cuz he knows a lot more than I, but from what I can tell try DLing EE Studio and extracting the .dat file with it.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
purebreed
posted 11-12-06 04:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I did that. I used EEStudio's ssa extractor to extract the files from data.ssa. The dbobjects.dat in there is the same. The contents of dbobjects.dat is not text. It's like an image file or something. How did calanor or whoever the author of ETweak is design his program?

I know I can edit unit statistics via scenario editor, but that would only be for that scenario. I'm looking to edit unit stats permanently.

Actually if calanor is still active or if any of you guys know him, maybe he can say how he was able to read the .dat files.

[This message has been edited by purebreed (edited 11-12-2006 @ 04:27 PM).]

Confused Soldier
posted 11-12-06 11:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Have you tried decompressing dbobjects.dat after extracting out of the data.ssa?

The dbobjects.dat follows some specific order (name, tech id, etc.), each given with a hex value.

You could try searching over at Empire Earth Heaven. Lots of their modding stuffs are related to here.

Have you tried emailing Calanor on how he did it?

I think I wet myself...
purebreed
posted 11-12-06 11:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I don't know his e-mail address
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames