Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » rating
Bottom
Topic Subject:rating
ganfan1
posted 10-08-06 11:27 AM EDT (US)         
I was wondering theirs the casual rating and the automatch rating how do you get your casual up

Whats with the bloody imp noobs that just piss you off they should just go and *** or find another game or piss their pants

whatever comes first

AuthorReplies:
RTEHistDesign
posted 10-08-06 11:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
It used to be by winning casual matches. However that changed quite some time ago. I think the latest report was that by playing and winning scn's online your casual rating goes up. Or if you play the comp online you can increase your rating.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-08-06 12:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Yes, but then everybody hates you for cheating. Nobody really looks at ratings anymore, and they never should have IMO. With all the smurfs and such, there are plenty of 1000s that could kill everybody.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 10-08-06 09:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
I remember back when I played with CS against comps (because his connection was unstable and he could drop at any minute...bad CPU, got a new one recently) just for fun, and I had a casaul of like 1300 or something, and some guy starts calling me a comp stomper and such whatnot. I pointed out that I never bragged about my Casual Rating, that I didn't comp stomp for it, or even really pay attention to it. Me and CS (Jimbo may also have been there) ate the poor kid and he left the channel. I'll never understand his line of logic. I mean, if someone bosts about their casual and then someone else points out that all they do is comp stomp, then I can understand but we were just minding our own business.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-09-06 06:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Well some people are so insecure about themselves that all they do is go on online games and say everybody sucks, are stupid, or are cheaters.

But there is a line where it gets to be lame. You were well away from that, but some people at RaFH were way past it. For example, spending two hours a day playing scenarios where you win in 3 seconds to get points so you are top of ladder is just lame. Those are the people so insecure about themselves they cheat

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 10-09-2006 @ 06:37 PM).]

RTEHistDesign
posted 10-09-06 08:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I have recently read some of the posts on RaFH and its a shame what has happened to a most promising game. Seems Midway could not pickup the ball after the folding of SSSI. As all Empires players know all too well, lack of support can kill a online community very quickly. I just had no idea it would happen as fast as it has.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 10-09-06 10:24 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Its disgusting how quickly it happened. Sad part is, with maybe two days of work, they could revive the game. Strategies would develop, and the game would diversify if Rome wasn't so incredibly over powered.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames