You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Comments on my new strategy guide
Bottom
Topic Subject:Comments on my new strategy guide
Falcon907
posted 09-04-06 01:00 AM EDT (US)         
Tell me how it was and any comments u have plz share, thnx ^ ^

Imperial age sucks
World war auto setts pwn
I rest my case
AuthorReplies:
elder_king
posted 09-04-06 02:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Not only am I happy to see a new strategy guide, which I never expected, this guide applies perfectly to Empires' recent status quo.

The introduction, and thus the whole guide, shows a different way to take down an opponent that has a larger army. Many players who currently play focus on mainly military battles and forget that some civilizations or some circumstances require a different approach.

Mainly, it's not all about the army. This is especially true about France, a civilization with weaker but maneuverable units that are meant for raiding. There will still be times when other civilizations need another way to destroy the enemy, and this guide has a good list of units for the job.

Although eco raiding is called "laming" on Empires lately, it is and always will be merely another strategy in RTS games. How else can you defeat an opponent who has a larger and more powerful army? Anyone who plays Empires lately has no doubt witnessed long England or UK games against a France opponent who sits and masses military all game, forgetting to ambush UK villagers or UK mines that are scattered and prone all over the map. It happens with Russia too, and when the France player complains about the Russian's use of the Tunguska Meteor, the only question that comes to mind is "why did you let Russia build enough economy to purchase the meteor?"

I am very happy this strategy guide was posted, and easy to follow. Great achievement by Falcon especially for the current situation in Empires.

Falcon907
posted 09-04-06 09:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
ah ty my comrade

Imperial age sucks
World war auto setts pwn
I rest my case
RTEHistDesign
posted 09-05-06 06:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Nice guide. Falcon explains in detail all of the best raiding units in game. He also justifies the use of these units to win at all costs. This is a strategy game so understanding how to counter these so called "lame units" is crucial if you want to succeed in victory.

Good Job!

Falcon907
posted 09-07-06 00:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
ty people

Imperial age sucks
World war auto setts pwn
I rest my case
YaRiTe
posted 09-07-06 09:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I don't see a sticky nor a link.

Matthew 5:11
YaRiTe
posted 09-10-06 05:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
The Principles of Attacking an Economy By Falcon907

Me: Thanks for the link....

Me: Anytime

Matthew 5:11
gamergc
posted 09-19-06 11:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
In reality any unit that doesn't have slow speed can be a raiding unit. In my day (I sound old now dont i), Cossacks and snipers were rarely used for raiding. All you needed was conscripts because they have the same speed as everyone else. I'm pretty sure you didn't mention it but one of the best raiding strategies of all time was hitting two places AT ONCE.

Take two armies of completely expendable men and attack. When they come to defend, run away and send the other group in from the other side. If they follow you they will lose their econ. If they dont, you dont lose your men and you come right back. Easily combated by them spliting their force but generally people are too lazy for that.

Completed: CTF 2v2
Working on: Battle of Cambrai, CTF 4v4, and more.
Future campaign: Dawn of the Modern World.
Member of the AIrBoRnE Global Gaming Community, Proudly sponsered by sys-techs
primary target
esgameservers
elder_king
posted 09-20-06 04:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       

Quote:

In reality any unit that doesn't have slow speed can be a raiding unit.

I have seen people raid with artillery to great effect. The best artillery raiding I have ever seen was that of Falcon- the enemy was attacking, and he kept them occupied with his defense, but at the same time devoured the enemy buildings by sneaking in 3 French artillerie. The enemy loses in this situation unless their attack is superb, because it takes a long time to kill France's artillery units and it takes a short time for France's artillery units to kill your base.

Quote:

Easily combated by them spliting their force but generally people are too lazy for that.

Many players nowadays have overcome laziness, but a feasible strategy could be to split up a force unevenly, in order to feint and then truly slaughter citizens at one specific resource gathering location. It has to be planned. A good counter, on the other hand, is using speed on USA doughboys and surrounding the fleeing raiders.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames