You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Bug Changing Units' Health?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bug Changing Units' Health?
CptIronMike
posted 12-29-08 01:40 PM EDT (US)         
Take a look at this trigger:

IF Always True THEN Unit-Attribute ALL P1 Conscripts HP = 770, Max HP = 770 (Not Looping)

("ALL P1 Conscripts" is a dynamic object specification)

This trigger is designed to give all of P1's conscripts an HP and Max HP value of 770. However, for some reason, the conscripts' HP IS DOUBLE the amount specified in the trigger (1540 instead of 770).

Further tests revealed that this phenomenon is consistent with any specified value (If the trigger says to make the HP 400, the in game HP is 800)

Can anyone confirm this happening with their copy of the game? Thanks.

PS: The Max HP specified in the trigger works normally.

Production chief (and currently sole member) of Jumpdrive Studios scenario design squad. Currently not accepting applications - yet.

"Yeah, we get it, but we don't really, like, get it."
AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-29-08 07:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I will check to see if this is what is happening in my game, but in the mean time, perhaps try a Class Attribute and increase their health by x, where x is the difference between their standard health and the health you desire for them to have.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
CptIronMike
posted 12-30-08 09:23 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I worked around this by specifying only 1/2 the health I wanted in the trigger - the other half was added in game.
Hank
Stainless Steel Studios
posted 01-03-09 11:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
It's been a long time but I did get this to work at one point...IIRC, I think you needed to create a small delay in setting either the HP or Max HP before setting the other.

[This message has been edited by Hank (edited 01-03-2009 @ 11:57 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames