Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Campaign in progress
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign in progress
n_Fire
posted 12-14-08 10:55 PM EDT (US)         
Hi, everyone of Empires Heaven, uh, I'm n_Fire, and, recently, I've decided to get back into playing Empires! So, while I was playing the Lionheart campaign, I decided to create my own campaign. My only problem is, I don't know how to create cut scenes. I can't really find a tutorial on how to create a cut scene on the website, so I was hoping you guys could help me.
I'm just working on the outlines of the scenarios right now, without any triggers or anything, since I may want to edit some thing later on.
Any and help at all would be much appreciated!
AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 12-14-08 11:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Unfortunately, cut scenes were one of the few things I never learned to do. I'll try to find someone who does, but in the meantime, anyone else who happens to know how, feel free to help out.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Hank
Stainless Steel Studios
posted 12-15-08 02:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Wow, been a long time since I've done camera work. It's fairly easy to set camera points. Play around with some basic stuff first. IIRC, for a basic camera trigger just do an "Always" on condition, then add in the camera effect.

You need to set the camera angles and whatnot first. Just create a couple of them so it moves from point A to point B.

The trickier stuff comes in later when you need to time camera shots with other triggers, such as capturing the moment a soldier swings his sword.

I have a file that is JUST a cutscene you can take a look at. It may just confuse you more though.

http://empires.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2079
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empires Heaven | HeavenGames